DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Solved] Need Some Help With An Arrow Mesh

Oriius

Hello everyone.

After spending an admittedly long time lurking in the shadows of these forums and reading the fine tutorials here at the TES Alliance 3D Craftworks, I have finally managed to get my first mesh exported from Blender to Skyrim (My thanks in particular to InsanitySorrow for some particularly excellent resources and tutorials that I have studied over the last year). However, I have hit something of a snag; the mesh in question (an exploding arrow inspired by the water/fire/gas arrows found in the fourth Thief game) shows up with full textures in Nifscope, but will not do the same in Creation Kit or Skyrim: instead it simply presents as a glossy black mesh with no textures.

I can find no discernible difference between my nifs and the ones used for the game's original arrows (I patterned my texture and material loadouts off of Bethesda's own Iron arrows). Does anybody here have any idea of what could be causing this, and how I might fix it? Below I have posted screenshots of the project thus far, with images 1-3 showing renders of the three versions of the arrow in blender (baked w/textures, rendered using my limited knowledge of blender's Cycles engine), 4-6 showing how the arrow currently shows in game, and 7 showing the arrow in Nifscope (the normal map on the phial stored in the arrowhead denotes a refraction mesh).

Thanks for your time,

- Oriius.

0001.png

0002.png

0003.png

0004.png

0005.png

0006.png

0007.png

First thing to try is adjusting your NIF, if you have no vertex colours on the mesh but the BSLightingShaderProperty has the Vertex Colour option set it'll cause your mesh to look black in the CK and in-game. To fix it:

1) Open your NIF in Nifskope, Expand the NiTriShape of the Mesh and click on the NiTriShapeData.

2) In the details panel check what the setting Has Vertex Colors has, it should be set to No if you haven't painted colour onto the mesh.

3) Click on the BSLightingShaderProperty and in the details pane look for Shader Flags 2, if your mesh has no vertex colours make sure SLFS2_VertexColors is checked off and if you have vertex paint make sure this is checked on.

• Upvote 1