DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Landscape Editor

Vereta

I'm having a problem where I can't edit some parts of the landscape. Is this common? Why is it that I can't?

Do you mean you can't mold the landscape, like move it up and down? Or do you mean you can't add new textures (paint the grass) to a landscape?

I'm having a problem where I can't edit some parts of the landscape. Is this common? Why is it that I can't?
Do you mean you can't mold the landscape, like move it up and down? Or do you mean you can't add new textures (paint the grass) to a landscape?

I really should have said that in the first place.  ;) I mean the textures.

I really should have said that in the first place.  ;) I mean the textures.

No worries!  aa_biggrin.gif

There is a limit to the number of textures per cell, per quad. In case you don't know, every cell in the game is actually 4 quads. 1 cell = 4 quads You can only have 9 textures per quad. So, sometimes, you find a quad that won't take the texture because it's full.

Move the red circle over the section that won't take a new texture and hit T to make the camera move directly over that cell. Now, hit the I key to open a box that shows the 4 quads an the textures each one has. NEVER EVER EVER delete the first texture in the list in each quad. You can cause the black hole effect that is unfixable in many cases. Delete a couple in the middle and either your texture will appear, or you will be able to add it!  :pints:

Don't know about that...I patrol there too!  aa_banana.gif
Lol, by the way... How do I replace a texture for a quad?

To replace a texture, right click on the one you want to change in the quad list and click Replace. A box will open with a list of textures, choose the one you want from the list. It's best to know ahead of time what the name of the texture is! Now, you can't delete the first texture in the list, but you CAN replace it!  :simbe:

Well, 0-6 AM my time  aa_tongue.gif      And apparently that doesn't go for you Vereta, you're the only one keeping me happy these daytime hours  ;)

To replace a texture, right click on the one you want to change in the quad list and click Replace. A box will open with a list of textures, choose the one you want from the list. It's best to know ahead of time what the name of the texture is! Now, you can't delete the first texture in the list, but you CAN replace it!  :simbe:
Never knew that!!  Thanks!!