DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQz] Mesh editing for SI

Arthmoor

I posted this inside the Open Cities thread on the official forums but I figure it may be a bit buried there as only people interested in them tend to cruise the thread. In order to be able to complete work on OC New Sheoth, some meshes need to be modified in order to pull that off. Sjors already did a great job on the ones on the north and east sides of Bliss, but the border between Bliss and Crucible still needs work. So I'm hoping someone is willing to help :eyeroll:

These three screenshots give some idea of what I'm still up against:

Arden Sul Tower

Bliss/Crucible border passage overhead

Bliss/Crucible border passage tunnel

The top side of the large mesh for Bliss is too high ( the orangeish roof ) and also extends over the top of the Crucible wall by quite a huge margin.

The Sacellum tower on the west side is too fat and blocks off one of the passage ways inside Bliss. The door from Bliss to the inside of the tower is also blocked off because of how the entire tower mesh was built. I've been able to isolate three parts of the door frame but because the actual hole for it is in one giant wall piece which wraps around both sides of the tower, I can't just cut it off the mesh using nifskope. It's also not feasible to raise the tower so the door is accessible because then I'd literally have to raise the entire city of Crucible up to match height with it. Not easy to do because I'd then have to raise land around the bottom of it to match, which isn't going to work. I also can't fudge my way around it with a fitting stairway piece, because Bethesda didn't provide one for the SI set and there are no adequate replacements in the Cyrodiil set.

The passageway where the two large heads meet also needs some work done. I can cover up the floor part of it with altered Cyrodiil pieces that fit. But fusing the tunnel together properly is beyond my ability. Adjusting one of the cities to line the tunnel up end to end is out of the question as it would mean altering significant portions of the landscape on either the north or south side of New Sheoth.

I've taken a look at Blender. If ever there was a piece of software impossible to figure out, these guys deserve the award for building it. I also haven't got the funds to pay for a copy of something that's usable by a noob like me. I know I'm asking a hell of a lot, but there's no other way to get done what I want to get done. I can send anyone interested all of the working copies of the files to view in the CS. There's already enough done thanks to Sjors to at the very least finish Crucible without any further work.

I... Am very much unfamiliar with Bliss and Crucible in general, and am slightly unsure of some of the things you want done. But i (sort of) know my way around blender, and as long as it hasn't got shite to do with textures, and only with manipulating the mesh and sizing and rotating, i'm up for a very novice attempt!

Andy

Well there's no texture creation or editing involved. As far as I can tell those continue to work properly even on the pieces which have already been modified by Sjors.

So yes. All it involves is mesh editing. Closing off the back sides of some things. In thinking about this a bit more I think it would be for the best to break the tunnel off of the huge Bliss piece so that it can be positioned better and won't be such a hassle to fuse with the tunnel piece for Crucible. Unfortunately nifskope is uncooperative for me in that regard. I don't know squat about Blender other than how to install it and stare blankly at the controls. But if anyone needs some things explained better, that I can do :eyeroll:

• 2 years later...