DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Elder Scrolls Online News

Arion

For those interested in Elder Scrolls Online news I started this thread.

Just released the latest chapter for the game is Summerset, home of the high Elves.  In game trailer:

Edited by Arion
  • Love This 1

The Official ESO E3 2018 Trailer.. Where does your story begin? Very good video with the history of ESO's stories. Really does the game justice to showcase so many of the storylines.

Edited by Arion

• 4 weeks later...

ESO Free Trial Period coming up.

Some of the benefits of the Plus Membership are:

(Quote)

During the event period, you can enjoy select ESO Plus benefits free for a limited time with no strings attached. This includes the following:

• Full access to DLC game packs – new zones, quests, dungeons, and more
    • Includes the Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Shadows of the Hist, Horns of the Reach, Clockwork City, Dragon Bones, and Morrowind (zone and story)
  • A Craft Bag offering you unlimited storage for all of your crafting materials
  • Double Bank space for all the characters on your account
  • 10% increase to Experience and Gold acquisition, Crafting Inspiration, and Trait Research rates
  • Double Furnishings and Collectibles space in player housing
  • Exclusive ability to dye costumes
  • Double Transmute Crystal storage

(Note that the monthly stipend of 1500 Crowns available to paid members only.)

(End Quote)

For complete information of this week long event click the link below.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26435?utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_medium=bitly

Edited by Arion

• 5 weeks later...

Been playing ESO for a while now and I must admit I'm still slightly undecided about it.  I guess my opinion is largely that of an SP gamer who's largely unfamiliar with MMOs.  Pros: there's certainly lots of it and it's nice to have more Elder Scrolls, especially for someone who thought that Skyrim was a bit of a damp squib, which leaves quite a large gap.

Cons: it's very grindy.  I never really knew what the much-complained-about grinding of MMOs was.  Now I do.  Also other players: Cyrodiil is the worst, which is a shame as I wanted to explore (though as it turns out, it's not like the Cyrodiil in Oblivion: it's very, very barren) but for reasons best known to themselves, Zenimax decided to make it both a PvP and a PvE area.  PvPers being what they are tend to take the "it's my ball and you can't play with it" approach and will attack any PvEers on sight.  Admittedly they're not all like that but there's enough to make it a no-go zone.  Outside of the PvPvE areas, fighting outside wayshrines, fighting in the middle of town, murdering all the townsfolk, not dismissing your pet bear but instead parking it on something other players need to interact with and refusing to move, competition for scant resources, shouting obscenities into the chatbox, jumping around and casting very visible spells constantly, mudballing other players to stop them doing what they're doing, loads of other "looook at meeeeeeeee!" makes it quite tedious.  I know they're a minority but as usual they're a minority who make a gigantic noise.  And also having to compete for scant but essential resources: there seems so much that's designed to cause conflict.

I dunno.  Maybe MMOs just aren't for me.  For a relaxing pastime, ESO has been very stressful: maybe I should look at my gaming habits to understand why the past month has been a bad one.

• Thanks 1

Actually Cyrodiil is not a PVE area. It is specifically a PVP area as are the sewers and battlegrounds. Sorry you had such a bad experience there. My first time in I made it less that 5 minutes out the camp gate before I got killed. Walking along looking at the scenery ....  And to be honest, you have a little arrow over your head showing what alliance you belong to and anyone in any of the other alliances has no idea if you are a PVPer or PVEer. they only see what is over your head. As to some of your other CONs, yes they are in a minority, and they make a lot of noise. I tend to just tune out as much as possible and just try to enjoy myself. There is just too much content to do to be concerned about the idiots. (in my honest opinion) . Hope you keep playing and find your spot that you enjoy.

Edit: If you want to see Cyrodiil my suggestion would be to use the Under 50 champion points campaign. Ask some friends to show you around. You still might have some idiots, but Kyne is a starter/learning area for most of us. I have been playing for 4 years and that's the only campaign I play in. For the most part people tend to be more forgiving there. I play with the Ebonheart pact and if you have a character in that alliance I'd gladly show you around. 

Edited by Arion
  • Thanks 1

I think a lot of it depends on my mood at the time!  I often start the day in a better mood so I don't mind the grinding so much and can ignore the idiots; but by the end of the day my mood is invariably much worse at which point the grinding is boring but unavoidable, competition for resources is annoying and "look at meeeeee!" type players make me want to hurl my computer out of the window. :lol:  Perhaps unfortunately I chose the wrong time to write this post!

Cyrodiil certainly seems to be controversial.  I did ask on the official forums about etiquette and it seems that there's two distinct flavours of PvPers: the ones who are there for actual meaningful competition and who seem helpful and generally respectful, who take a live-and-let-live approach to people who are minding their own business and say that the PvE types are quite easy to spot; and the other sort who basically view anyone as fair game and will do what they please.  It was very interesting to see the significantly divided groups of players and the sort of delivery of their respective opinions.

I have invitations to show me around and I feel incredibly rude for not taking people up on their kind offers; I'm just so incredibly nervous, so it seems that I'm destined to learn the hard way!  But I do have three main characters now: effectively three facets of my usual character but I figured it was good to have one in each alliance, so my Covenant type is a Breton DK (my original and most experienced character: certainly the weakest hitter, but probably the most durable), a Bosmer sorcerer who's quite adept at zapping things but squishy if she's not quick enough, and a Nord assassin who surprised me by being the most lethal of the lot and is middling in terms of squishiness.  I know that I probably didn't exactly choose the ideal careers for their given races, I seem to enjoy being random which might explain some of my difficulties!  Sometimes I seem to spend most of my time doing writs and farming for resources but that requires less brain power than questing...

The beauty of playing is exploring characters. Some of us try to maximise our characters based on their race characteristics and then sometimes you like to just play around with different combinations for the fun of it. Me, I finally got around to trying to maximise my characters based on race. and I have 9 characters. :) I played sorcerers for a long time and they were just too squishy for me, but one did all the base game except for Cyrodiil before I retired her for crafting writs. My favorite is templars since they have good self heals, can be very versatile as either a DPS, a full blown healer or a combination of the two. They are good either as a stam build or magic. I prefer the magic, but I've heard stamplars are really good too.  

As for the grinding, only grinding I do is the first hour getting all 9 of my characters to get their writs done. I'm in  5 guilds and I usually hang out with a few of my friends doing the daily Undaunted pledges, occasionally trials or fishing. <- that seems to have the quiet effect of putting me to sleep. :)

some of the things you mentioned previously bother me as well, but over all I enjoy my time in the game and I just try to not lets idiots drag me down. 

PS.. Aussie500 and Malx1 who are members here are also playing and we share a lot of times together in a couple of our guilds. Authmour plays as well.

Edited by Arion

• 3 months later...

ESO is having a free Plus membership experience for the next 6 days. If you only have a base account try the plus experience to see the benefits.

The ESO Plus Free Trial Event begins on Thursday, November 15 at 10:00AM EST and will run until Wednesday, November 21 at 10:00AM EST. During the event, you can try out ESO Plus completely free with absolutely no strings attached (and no credit card required), giving you access to the following benefits:

• Full access to DLC game packs – new zones, quests, dungeons, and more
    • Includes the Imperial CityOrsiniumThieves GuildDark BrotherhoodShadows of the HistHorns of the ReachClockwork City, Dragon Bones, Morrowind (zone and story), Wolfhunter, and Murkmire
  • A Craft Bag offering you unlimited storage for all of your crafting materials
  • Double Bank space for all the characters on your account
  • 10% increase to Experience and Gold acquisition, Crafting Inspiration, and Trait Research rates
  • Double Furnishings and Collectibles space in player housing
  • Exclusive ability to dye costumes
  • Double Transmute Crystal storage

Note that the monthly crown stipend and upcoming ESO Plus deals are available to paid members only.

Edited by Arion

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

ah ok here is a place i can ask this. Arion  or anyone.. how moddable is Elder Scrolls Online?  Is there an editor for the game or do people have to create content in some format and then export or create a package that can be compatible with the online game?   I have not heard of many MMOs online that allow mods..but if it is that is good to hear.

I know one of the main reasons MMOS are made is to have an ongoing cash flow...so i am a bit leery of them these days as the subscription scam has hit hard in the digital community with many big companies like Microsoft and Adobe now trying to milk people for annual fees for major software like Photo shop, and MS Office. I hope it is shot down eventually but for now it is the craze. If Elder Scrolls Online does allow mods that is a hopeful sign. It may just be a way to share crafted items but would like to hear about it.

Chris

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...