DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Need help with Lightweight Stamina cost mod

Benekhar

I’m trying to build a lightweight, highly compatible, stamina cost plugin. I want to add a small stamina cost to running (not sprinting) and I’ve searched for guides but can’t find anything along these lines. Help me Obi-Wan! 

CreationKit.com is the place where you can study how to do those things. :)

In your case, all you need is to create an ability that use a (probably already existing) fortify stamina magic effect, the effect being conditioned "is running == 1". Study in the CK how spells and abilities are made and just imitate them. This is how I learnt mostly how to make things in a mod.

Once your ability is created, you'll have to add it to the player. For that you'll have to:

1. create a quest, enabled at start,
  2. in that quest, create a reference alias for the player, and in the spells box drag and drop your ability,
  3. save and you're done!

Search CreationKit.com for how to make quests, reference aliases, abilities and using conditions.

;)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Nvm I figured it out! Built my own stamina fortify effect. :) here’s a screen shot of my mod in action. (I chose not to hide the effect in the UI because, I think my description is cool! 

@Ladyonthemoon, thank you! In fact I can’t thank you enough! 

0F61BA7C-C885-4DA9-9B90-2229BA470735.jpeg

Edited by Benekhar