DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Level Creature, Scripting & Controlling them

TrevorDemented

I want to script a level creature so that it only spawns actors when my script tells it to under certain conditions. Can a level creature or level list be scripted to spawn only when scripted to do so? I want use leveled creatures so that my mod can have variety.

scn RepReqQuest01a
Begin onAdd
if someQuest < 0
	if questNote01a.onAdd == 1
		if player.getDistance someLvllist < 500
set somelvllist.disable
elseif
	if someQuest > 0
		if player.getDistance someLvllist > 500
			set someLvllist.enable
endif
    endif
	endif
	    endif	
		endif

End

I think you're conflating a Leveled List with a spawn point that is a leveled spawn. The Leveled List itself is just that; a list of the spawning parameters.

You can test the distance from a persistent object, but you may want to use an X marker placed near your creature spawn point rather than testing the distance to the spawn point. The X marker would be always enabled, and those are always persistent automatically.

I've never tried dynamically enabling leveled spawns; I'm not sure how they behave.

One caveat is to test your distance calculating functions with some temporary console log messages as you walk around. I have found that *some* of the distance calculations don't work in outdoor cells. It's been about 3 years since I encountered this, so please forgive that I don't remember which one. I had a script that looked for the nearest of a certain type of persistent object. My script worked 100% indoors but not at all outdoors, and I finally traced the problem to that issue with distance calculations.

MS94CreatureLLScript [SCPT:0000C73D]

MS48PlazaCreatureFinalLLScript [SCPT:0000C73C]

Those are scripts from the main quest attached to leveled list. One of the leveled list is MS48RespawningCreature100. So its possible but how do I code a script attached to a leveled list that switch the leveled list on or off?