DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Shivering Isles dependency issues

Wolf64

Hey there,

I actually wanted to make my mod dependent on Shivering Isles for at least the additional objects. Now loading Oblivion.esm together with DLCShiveringIsles.esp throws a lot of errors upon loading a SI cell in the CS. Apparently the CS doesn't find any models or textures, as everything is purple and I only see missing mesh markers. Is this a known problem? All the bsa files for SI are there since it's a fresh install. This happens with the other official esps, too.

On the other hand, it might be the fact that I'm running Oblivion on the CS on Linux using Wine. But ingame everything just works like a charm, so I don't really get it.

12 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

It all looks like an installation problem.

You think so? I mean, again, in-game it just works perfectly fine. Only the CS doesn't seem to load those other BSAs. It's also a clean and fresh install. 

Is there a config file of some sort that lists or scans for Archives on a given folder? Or registry entry?

4 hours ago, Wolf64 said:

You think so? I mean, again, in-game it just works perfectly fine. Only the CS doesn't seem to load those other BSAs. It's also a clean and fresh install. 

Is there a config file of some sort that lists or scans for Archives on a given folder? Or registry entry?

I meant about the CS not the game in itself. What version of Morrowind are you playing, CD or Steam? Where did you find the CS?

The only config file that applies seems to be the Morrowind.ini you'll fin in the main installation directory.

12 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

By the way, you need to go to GOG and inform them that the CS they provide with the game doesn't work. :)

Great idea, but I really doubt that they'd care. Thing is, I got to test it all on Windows and there it works without any issues, so the CS that comes with GOG's package isn't broken. Seems like it's just a quirk on Linux systems or how Wine handles the registry. Since the game is not supported on Linux anyway and the CS works fine on Windows systems, there ain't much to complaint about. 

Nevertheless I posted your solution in their forums, so anybody who wants to try using the CS on Linux and has my same or similar problems can revert to that. :)

• Upvote 1