DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Creation Kit & the Bethesda Launcher

PunkN

At this rate, I'm feeling more like the "village drunk" than a contributing member of the community.  [[good thing I'm in Detroit, I guess]]

While desperately attempting to collect my much needed programs (& corresponding files) and put EVERYTHING in one stinking place (not spread out over 4 different system-program directories) in order to get things working as well as they should be... Something went :censored: up with --- as far as I can tell right now --- the Bethesda Launcher...which I'm convinced now is hindering any plugin uploading for XB1. 

And.... I mean... I no-sooner click on XB1 and it's immediately done with me.  Not Responding....no matter how long I wait, or how little I have running. This has never happened previously, not even so much as a crash.  Sure it might hiccup and stop responding, but, not for more than 2 or 3 minutes; at which time it corrects itself and that's the end of it.  Now even tho I have the Launcher installed as well as the Creation Kit... which is working (up to that XB1 toot) and loads everything/logs me into BethNet without problems.  If I click that button that should say "Play" but instead says "Install", I get the spinny-BethNet-box of foreverness....well...forever.  Until I end the program from the Task Manager... I can't get it to blink otherwise. 

I guess I don't know what to do from here.  I uninstalled and reinstalled BL, no difference.  I tried the Updater and Helper.  Nothing but the ususal "Install".  I don't know if this could be a Steam issue --- tho I doubt it since the game seems to be working fine, and so does Steam when I boot her up --- or if I'd be able to just do what I need to without the BL all together. 

SAVE ME BATMAN!

The Beth launcher doesn't recognize that the game is installed...... there is likely some config file somewhere that got hosed, but, doesn't get removed when you uninstall..... (typical. Most uninstallers do NOT clean up after themselves well, at all.) Using something like RevoUninstaller portable might do something for you. (it's a bit more thorough.....) then again, it might not. Not like the launcher is a reliable program or anything.... I see LOTS of complaints about it on the Beth forums.......

Detroit? :) We're neighbors. I am about 80 miles west of you.

• 9 months later...
On 3/23/2019 at 5:26 PM, HeyYou said:

Detroit? :) We're neighbors. I am about 80 miles west of you.

Holy-Moly-Oly are you serious?! Ha! Small world, eh? 

It turned out to be a "Doh!" moment on my behalf... in a way.  At that time the CK had actually updated (wow... I know) and since I have an older machine, I turn off auto-updates for any non-essentials and just check em all for updates on the first Wednesday of every-other month; some every couple of months depending on how often their "history" tells me to expect updates.  Since I know the CK is close to never in the update frequency department, I didn't even think to check to see if that was the problem... and it was.  I think MorganHellsing said that it was Enai that spread the word to the community to update their CK if they notice the issue happening to them.  I'm now re-setting up the CK since my System Restore (gone wrong) and the OS Refresh that fixed it all again lol

Anybody want to trade brains and hair?  It may be grey, but there's plenty of it no matter how much is ripped out or falls out from stress. LMAO

I sometimes get them...... I didn't for this topic though. Which kinda surprised me...... Usually, this site is right on the ball.

On Nexus, it really doesn't matter how I have notifications configured. Some I get, some I don't. I think the site generates a random numbers, and uses that to decide if its going to send a notification, or not....... Sometimes I think it picks a number between 1 and 10, and if the RNG running on a scale of 1-100 hit is it, it's still a 50-50 chance it won't send it. :D

Sometimes, I am quite surprised at just how small the world is becoming. :D

Most of my hair is still blond, fair bit of it is going to silver...... (especially on my face.....) I shed, but, not as badly as my dogs..... but, still, more than I would like. I avoid stress as much as possible. I am almost as successful at that, as Nexus is at sending notifications......