DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

My "Textures" Hiccup

PunkN

I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place, but, I didn't know where to start with this...

For months I've been fighting this laptop --- which after the 8.1 update from **** --- I'm finally getting somewhere with repairing these programs so I can get started with classes and NOT have to contend with moody-CK during the process. 

Before I signed up with this amazing group on TESA, I attempted a port which (at the time I thought would be easily figured out) seemed to give me issues with the mod's textures whenever I pushed the plugin to Bethesda.  After MONTHS of trying different ways to fix this and having zero success, I thought about trying a different port which I knew was already successfully ported to ONE of the two Bethesda portals.  I did some digging and found that perfect mod to port.  Again... ZERO textures were successfully plugged in.  They're not purple blobs....they're just not there at all.  The recipes are found in the forge, but, when you select it in the menu to craft, there's nothing to be seen.  Again when looking inside the Bannered Mare, they're not seen hanging around the firepit.  I'm at a loss, and I don't know why I'm having such an issue with just textures. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks a million

Punk'n

When 'pushing' the plugin to Bethesda:

• Did you utilize the EXACT same process (update tool, etc) as you did with the other mod that you know ported correctly?
  • Did you put meshes / textures in proper folders and were they pointed to in the kit for the same folders?
  • Have you tried manually packaging your content?

11 hours ago, Ashenfire said:

When 'pushing' the plugin to Bethesda:

• Did you utilize the EXACT same process (update tool, etc) as you did with the other mod that you know ported correctly?
  • Did you put meshes / textures in proper folders and were they pointed to in the kit for the same folders?
  • Have you tried manually packaging your content?
  • I (unfortunately) am not responsible for the successful port to XB1...that was someone else's doing. I simply chose a 'port' that I knew had been successfully plugged-in to at least one of the Bethesda portals in order to help me narrow down the root cause of the missing textures I was having trouble with when attempting my original port project that I took up in December.  
  • I made sure that all assets were in their designated folders (Meshes in Meshes/Textures in Textures) and tried this a couple of ways; originally as they had been unpacked, and also tried copying the assets and pasting them directly into the Mesh/Texture folders without their "parent files" (ie: textures/armors/shields folders)
  • I've attempted this more times than I can count... unfortunately, when I try to drag and drop the assets to hand-pack, they don't show up in the archiver

Ok.

Best way, the first one you did (exact folder structure as unpacked) and meshes in the KIT point to the same folder structure.

There is a tutorial that shows how to manually pack resources, when the finicky archiver fails.

It has been too long for me to find it quickly.  I have re arranged my Skybrary howto's (part of my 1000 projects) and I am not up to speed.

I will take a break from my projects tomorrow or the next, and if you have a PC version of your mod, that I could test with, I will get right to it.

Of course, you would have to upload meshes/textures/ 'whatever you added or changed' to a zip file, along with your .esp file.

I think in Skyrim SE you need to pack textures back in to a bsa rather than having loose files. From what I remember when Fallout 4 came out (and by extension Skyrim SE) the games after classic Skyrim use a different method for dealing with textures than the way the older games did it. I haven't worked on either game so I don't know the exact details.

It turned out to be a CK bug that's very little-known because most files even from Nexus are their appropriate sizes/types or need editing, so by the time they're ready for plugin, there's no hint that the bug even exists... File sizes DO turn out to make a difference (where textures are concerned) and too small means no-go for the CK.  I'll make sure to give any of the "uppers" on here the details if they think it would be a helpful addition to the site....

Yes... The issue was figured out/solved.  All that's left now is getting an 'all-good' from a test of the shields port.  Once I have that, I'll feel better about moving forward with the Northern Bathhouses port I took on in December.

For sure @RabidGears after that [extreeeemly :censored:] 3.5+ months of the most grueling downward-spiral towards insanity, I hope to plaster this bug and the can of 'Raid' where ever I can!  I'm working on sorting thru that nearly 4 months of files to find the perfect visuals for TESA if they prefer to post it somewhere... or as its' own post if that's what they want. I'm gonna shout it out --- well, 'shout' as much as one possibly can...at her laptop. 

YEPPERS... Rock meet Punk'ns'-Bottom!  If I could only talk to the BL/CK face to screen.... I know exactly what I'd say:

"My name is Punk'n-Pumpkin-the Pretty-Effin-Princess, CK's-[ruff:censored:ruff] the 952,073rd, you killed my love for insanity, :bringit: prepare to die."

:rofl:    Anybody catch that?  LMAO!

• Funny 1

22 hours ago, Ashenfire said:

That IS the spirit!

I need a copy when you are ready.  I am adding it to my Skybrary.

Matherian Viking Shields Set... [Port For PC] and Punk'n Audio Add-On [For PC - Will be updated shortly]

I wasn't sure which one you were wanting to check out... so I figured I'd supply links to both unless you're a "BethNet No-Sir'er" lol then you'll have to instruct me further on how to get them to you because as of right now I haven't added them to any other sites for download.