DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Changing an Armour Texture

Haydn

Hi im nearly there not quite, i had an idea for a mod basically the draugr helmet and changing the dds to a national flag UK USA etc. ive done most of the donkey work with Photoshop in creating the DDS and looks good in nifskope, so i have a nifskope file with the new texture saved and i have a couple of dds files with different textures, i used BAE extractor so i wasn't working on the actual game files and saved my nif's and dds files separately, im sort of at the point where i want to test my new texture/s in game, ive watched a vid explaining how to create a plug in, in sse edit and looks fairly straight forward, but to reference these new textures do i need to drop them in game first, someone explained the fact id need to create a new texture set, but im not sure how that differs from a plug in in sse edit, i could experiment but i want to do it right first time, rather than keep breaking the game, any help would be much appreciated