DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

I need to have my computer close down and automatically restart every 24 hours

I need to install 3 years + of Windows updates on an old computer before giving it for repair. To do that I'm going to use an internet connection that is not at my home but at someone else's place while this someone is confined to another place. I won't be able to go every day and verify the updates status and restart the computer etc so I need to completely automatize the process.

Problem is that I have no idea how to do that and I would be grateful is someone could help me.

Thank you! :)

• oldladyonthemoon changed the title to I need to have my computer close down and automatically restart every 24 hours

There is actually a setting in Updates and Security to have the machine restart as soon as possible after doing updates.... (advanced options)

Sometimes, when Win 10 installs updates, the restart can take a while........ 15-20 minutes to restart isn't unheard of......

When it gives you the opportunity, use the 'advanced options', go to troubleshooting, and there is an option to roll back the latest updates..... Give that a shot. (system restore is in there as well, if you have a good restore point, that is a viable option.