DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Skyrim Ps4 Mods - Creation Kit upload error

Fenrir1

Hi all, I really hope you can help me, I`m trying to make a new static item using vanilla assets, but this error comes up when trying to upload it to Bethesda.net, I unpacked the BSA files in to meshes and textures folders because there was none when I installed Skyrim, please tell me what I am doing wrong

vHzNtnrIIc.png

Edited by Fenrir1

4 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

PS4 doesn't permit the use of external assets.

They`re not external assets tho, they are within the BSA files, I just extracted them and put them into Meshes and Textures folders I had to create because there was none after I installed it

If you’re using vanilla assets you don’t need to extract them and include them in the project. Just point your new asset to the existing bsa location for the nif. You would only need to unpack the model and texture if you were changing the actual assets. If you’re just renaming the plate or changing some stat, adding a script, you wouldn’t need to unpack the assets at all.

Since Skyrim uses bsa archives its normal for it to not create texture/mesh folders on install :yes:

20 minutes ago, DarkRider said:

If you’re using vanilla assets you don’t need to extract them and include them in the project. Just point your new asset to the existing bsa location for the nif. You would only need to unpack the model and texture if you were changing the actual assets. If you’re just renaming the plate or changing some stat, adding a script, you wouldn’t need to unpack the assets at all.

Since Skyrim uses bsa archives its normal for it to not create texture/mesh folders on install :yes:

I`m sorry I don`t really know how to do that, I always selected differently, I`m not sure what you by "Just point your new asset to the existing bsa location", when I go to select something there is only folders showing up and not the BSA files 

4hQSe1W7rA.png

Edited by Fenrir1

Ok so let’s say you want to create a plate that’s very valuable. 
Double click on the plate’s ID to open the dialogue box with all the plate’s stats. Give the plate a new ID like aaMyValuablePlate and click OK. The CK will ask if you want to create a new form. Say YES.

Now you can find your new ID in the list, double click to open. You can now change the value of the plate.

Because you copied the original, your new plate will already be pointed at the asset in the BSA so you don’t need to change it at all. 

Odd thing is, I can do that, but for example I wanted to create a static book, I done this

Static - New Item - My ID For I  - Model - Save/Ok

or alternatively I done what you done, which I tried with a book and this came up when I tried to upload it to Bethesda

sorry for all the questions, I`d just love to get it sorted, also for some reason I`m using vanilla textures that I used on a floor and wall and they don`t show up in game on Ps4, just all purple

82v40y4Udu.jpg

This tutorial can walk you step by step through creating a static object out of a moveable one (in this example she uses a plate but the steps should be the same for a book) she outlines how to set the file path for the model, you’ll want to copy the file path of the original book and paste it into the model box for your static book. 

To get rid of the PS4 error you need to delete the meshes and textures folders you created. You also need to edit the file path or delete any items you created incorrectly that use those folders you created.

Purple textures indicate an incorrect or missing file path to the textures. I’m not sure what process you used to create them, so can’t help without more info on what you did. :)

27 minutes ago, DarkRider said:

27 minutes ago, DarkRider said:

This tutorial can walk you step by step through creating a static object out of a moveable one (in this example she uses a plate but the steps should be the same for a book) she outlines how to set the file path for the model, you’ll want to copy the file path of the original book and paste it into the model box for your static book. 

To get rid of the PS4 error you need to delete the meshes and textures folders you created. You also need to edit the file path or delete any items you created incorrectly that use those folders you created.

Purple textures indicate an incorrect or missing file path to the textures. I’m not sure what process you used to create them, so can’t help without more info on what you did. :)

Thank you very much! :D

I unpacked the BSA folder with the textures but I deleted a few minutes so I dont have the folder anymore, I am in the section on the left in the tree where there is texture packs and what not, but I can`t seem to see a folder  structure on an item in general like ya do when you want too see a model of something, is there a way to do so? for I can create a new texture that is`nt there already

12 hours ago, DarkRider said:

As far as I know there isn’t a way to add new textures or change textures on assets without creating external assets which PS4 doesn’t seem to allow :cookie:

lol ahhh that sucks!!! guess I`ll have to get creative with existing ones, thank you for all your help :D

• 3 years later...

It appears that you are experiencing technical issues while uploading modifications to Skyrim using the Creation Kit for PS4. Have you tried troubleshooting the problem? This might be due to file size constraints or compatibility concerns. Perhaps reaching out to the modding community or Bethesda support will give some information. Good luck!:puppy:

Edited by Avery78

4 hours ago, Avery78 said:

It appears that you are experiencing technical issues while uploading modifications to Skyrim using the Creation Kit for PS4. Have you tried troubleshooting the problem? This might be due to file size constraints or compatibility concerns. Perhaps reaching out to the modding community or Bethesda support will give some information. Good luck!

Its due to restrictions put in place by Sony. ESP files only. External assets of any kind are not permitted.