DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

What am I missing?

freepboot

image.png.627976cc016e94addbd6950e66e8f3be.pngimage.png.d3fbbb42e68e241509a8c5b0cdf1c259.png

According to what I see here, disintegrate does nothing. Obviously that's not right, does anyone know why I can't see the guts of what this perk does? There are others like it (for example, critical charge seems to have no effect other than increasing the amount of critical damage you do white sprinting and also performing a forward power attack, when it also unlocks attacking while sprinting - something you can't do without it afaik)

5 hours ago, HeyYou said:

I wonder if there isn't something else checking to see if you have that perk, and on a successful 'hit', swaps out the corpse for the ash pile?

Actually this brings to mind that flames, fireball etc. all have the secondary effect of intense flames in the spell itself, which probably checks for the perk on the caster in a conditional statement before applying the effect. It would make sense that frost and shock spells have the same for deep freeze and disintegrate 

but then what about critical charge/great critical charge...?

image.png.756019f4736ea776a5587347a308da1e.pngimage.png.a1d066b0b7a1ab440b2db9a5b9eb41a5.png

with shield charge, there are conditions being checked for that I can't find

you can't use the shield charge sprint while not having a shield equipped (while blocking with a weapon) BUT there are no conditional statements checking for the shield equip requirement that I can find in the spell or perk forms

Strangely the bool doesn't seem to affect the shield charge perk at all, but gives the player the block runner effect, at least when tested the way I did. There's also a bPerkQuickShot which grants the ranger effect. I haven't experimented enough though maybe, I could have just screwed up somewhere. I enabled the bools using a new perk. 

image.png.9054729f5eb2ef5b9151eea9fc9fdbc5.png

The information has to be somewhere, this game has existed for 10 years almost

I know for sure SOMETHING, SOMEWHERE is checking for the 'has critical charge perk' condition. If critcharge specifically wasn't a condition for something else to work (that isn't listed in the browser), then just duplicating the perk and applying the dupe to the pc would have the same effect as taking the original, right? but it doesn't. You have to take the original, dupes don't work.

I'm reasonably sure that something isn't another perk on the tree either because you can take the perk using console commands and it will work, regardless if you have anything else.

Edited by freepboot

3 hours ago, freepboot said:

I knew it

image.thumb.png.7dba9cb521901c67fadddce8a9908e0c.png

this is an animation variable, but don't know how to edit it from the ck

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=List_of_Animation_Variables

it might be changeable with script, going to try to

-_-

SetAnimationVariable doesn't exist

SetAnimationVariableBool does

SetAnimationVariableBool doesn't show up in search results when you look up SetAnimationVariable

eff

Just documenting my finds at this point:

I can practically confirm that the bPerkShieldCharge bool has nothing to do with shield charge. I wrote a script to monitor whether the bool returned true or false every second. After taking the shield charge perk using console commands, the bool returned continued to return false, but after taking the block runner perk it was true.

image.thumb.png.3e031596866ff8aab28e438ea1f572df.pngimage.thumb.png.d6ffdabf67282526b2560a8a1d8a2083.png

image.thumb.png.a337f3efdb39561cd62ef17c2c598b33.png

I can only imagine the same is true of the "quickshot" perk bool

Edited by freepboot

This is part of the solution, but there might be more somewhere else. Critical charge / great critical charge work differently than shield charge. Both of those abilities are on the list and are perk-conditional but can't be unlocked by removing the perk requirement (which worked for shield charge). Will post more if I find more.