DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

myrmaad hello!

myrmaad

I followed a link someone recommended and I can't believe who I found here!  DarkRider!  One of my very first little quest mods I downloaded, I wrote to you because I got a bit lost!  I still love the Weynon Retreat, was just over there yesterday, and still playing my original game, almost 800 hours logged!  

And WillieSea, I just told someone yesterday that I needed to contact you, and here you are.   Seems like a very good omen. :pints:  

I'm happy to be joining everyone here.

Ooops, this does fit better in the intro foum! I'll scoot it over there!

And Hello and Welcome to the Alliance!  :wave:

I do remember you seeking help for Weynon Retreat on the old forum just after we moved here! Glad you found your way to the Alliance and that you are still enjoying Weynon Reteat!  :pints:

I followed a link someone recommended and I can't believe who I found here!  DarkRider!  One of my very first little quest mods I downloaded, I wrote to you because I got a bit lost!  I still love the Weynon Retreat, was just over there yesterday, and still playing my original game, almost 800 hours logged!  And WillieSea, I just told someone yesterday that I needed to contact you, and here you are.   Seems like a very good omen. :pints:  I'm happy to be joining everyone here.

I'm Glad you listened, then!!!

As discussed in our PM'ing please see the VAP section...

Welcome aboard!!!

Euther

Hi myrmaad,

Its always a welcome sight to see interested people join the forum and contribute, even if it is just asking questions. It gives us something to do!  aa_biggrin.gif

Well, you found me in my reclusion of old age hiding place.

I seem to frequent here more than the Besthsoft forum, as they have a +3 minute(?) wait between posts. Tough to help poeple in the CS forum with that limitation.

Once again, welcome to the Alliance.

WillieSea

Thank you for the warm welcomes, it's cozy here by the hearth, isn't it.  

I'm not a modder, I'm a piddler.  I've piddled a few blender items but they are piddle-intensive, and though I'm in my 40s, and a long time gamer, oblivion was my first true RPG experience.  I really fell for it.   The ability to mod it sealed the deal.  I went back to school a couple of years ago to complete a couple of degrees, so I'm busy with schoolwork, but I'm finding playing with the CS (and as I mentioned still playing the game), is my main hobby right now.

I'm an idea person, consider myself primarily a poet, but I've been playing with digital art for a long time now, and handy with paint shop pro and CS3. I'm happily married to the best husband a girl could wish for, with one 28 year old son.  I've been married to my husband, the only husband I've ever had, for more than half my life now, and I'm pretty proud of us for making it through the rough spots of this world together, and still being best friends... plus he's hot! :)  

On my list of things to mod, my first love, probably because I'm a woman, is the outfits, thus the wherewithal to wrestle with blender.  Second I'm a player-house-a-holic.  I have in my head a player home I want to create sometime, right now it is simply a pile of ideas and notions about what I want it to be.  Of course, I can't just settle for building a house, mine has to have a quest, just a simple one, but the quest is what stamps the project with "me".  

My first real mod I'm hoping to do is at the top of my list right now.  It's a simple add-on for an existing mod, a truly beautiful and functional piece of work I greatly admire.  After securing the blessing of the original creator, I'm going to try to make this happen.   I'm on a few forums, like to help out where I can, and am a pretty quick study, as I'm a bit of a computer geek.  I worked in IT before I decided to go back to school.  When I finish these two degrees, which should be soon enough, I'm planning to go on to grad school.  I'm a late bloomer.  

If you've read all of this, you deserve a gold star!  

Some hard knocks in recent years left me a bit battered and bruised, and I lost my voice you might say, or actually I got a severe case of writer's block.  Falling in love with Oblivion awakened the catatonic muse.  I'd like to share a poem I wrote, inspired by my love for oblivion:

The sun was setting on the sea

The moon was riding high

The Goblins stalked furiously

Very nearby

I pulled my cloak about me close

And crept toward the hill

Shadows colluded with my foes

My breath became quite still

I've never been a fighting man

-A delicate soul and meek-

My revery was broke just then

As this I heard them shriek

"Rapscallions seek to steal our gold

Short on life and breath

Take care to call on Gods of old

Tonight will hail your death!"

Terror gripped me in its fist

My legs turned into stones

I forgot the girl I'd never kissed

As the skin peeled off my bones

I'm honored to be among you.

:)  Diversity is a good thing!   That's the longest personal intro I've ever done on any forum ever.  And my forum forays started in 1996, so this is definitely a very special place.

I'm glad to hear you are finding the Alliance comfortable, you will find friends here and folks who will share their knowledge with a willing spirit!  I hope you make yourself at home! :lmao: