DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Greetings from... Venus!

Jheuloh

After seeing the link to this place in the signature of 'HeyYou' in the official BGS forums, I decided to register here as a student, seeing that currently all I can really do is create the most simple of things; and wont have an enjoyable time advancing if I continue a trial and error based style of learning.

Anyways, hello. :wave:

Modding goals; learning to create fully developed NPCs or creatures in nearly every way, which essentially equates to requiring knowledge for (I'll briefly detail my expertise)-

Modeling (weakest area, can't even use the UI, then again I'm using the outlandish blender.)

Scripting (Only able to make 1 'passive' scripts, i.e. Begin Gamemode SetIgnoreFriendlyHits.)

Texturing (Limited to simple recolors, even if they're pretty.)

Audio (Yet to try voice acting, limited to dinosaur/dragon like creatures when designing sounds, only because I can distort my voice by reducing the pitch of the recording by 76%.)

About myself; 9th grader in high school, age 14, so I'm most likely relatively young compared to everyone else here, but that's merely aesthetic detail, asides from that I'll have a good amount of time to spare for this website and any projects that come up (especially as an independent study student. :D ) Although my abilities with Paint.NET and Gimp and the like is limited, my paper/pencil art is considerably more advanced.

Last thing to detail about myself;;

Currently, I write a novel (which I've been developing since 5th grade) though progress on my most recent story rework in 8th grade came to a depressing and unnerving halt (I've superficially overhauled it three times already). Progress will speed upward no matter what, however;; I reject the idea of completely destroying work that's been progressing for 3 years now.

That is myself, in a bag. :wave: This website looks nice, new, and shiny! I think I'll enjoy my experience here.

hey! another teenager. aa_tongue.gif

always good to have some of us around. In almost 16, and in Year 11 at high school.

and trust me trail and error is the best way to learn modding in my opinion. if you get an interesting in a certain part of moddign, stick with it and develop that skill a bit. dont try to leanr all the branches at once.

hey! another teenager. aa_tongue.gif always good to have some of us around. In almost 16, and in Year 11 at high school.and trust me trail and error is the best way to learn modding in my opinion. if you get an interesting in a certain part of moddign, stick with it and develop that skill a bit. dont try to leanr all the branches at once.

My sort of modding is definitely going to be companions and other NPCs, I could never play OB on an enjoyable level without a companion of any sort.  :wave:

I'm also a mod learning teenager, a bit of a lazy one, though. This place is a lot of fun and the Tavern just makes it better. It's great just reading through the threads, which you probably should do before posting. It'd be a lot easier to portray or characters.

Welcome! I would love to hear what you are intrested in learning next for my CS class. Trying to figure out what to do for the next Class :P

I would love to read your novel! If you are righting in a Word Document or somethin' you can e-mail it to me or give me some other way of reading it! I don't have anything to read right now  :lmao:

Have a nice stay!

It is a Microsoft Word Document, and emailable.

But, I have a website for the sake of having a story that blokes out there can critique or enjoy and so on. (Very un polished site, been left alone for a while, but progress is being done, so it's going to look better.)

'Race of the dragons'.com is the address for it. Added it as my homepage as well.