DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Unofficial Minecraft Thread

_echo

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my other server. My place is the U shaped island near the center of the most heavily explored/built area. The long lines are a floating bridge. The white shape is a spaceship made of cloth, and the half circle next to it is a monster fighting arena WIP

Original image ize is ~5600x4800

custom-map-normal-day.jpg

Echo, does the arena use spawners or do you create them indirectly with dark areas or something?

Town construction is going well.

A few paths/streets have been layed out and there are two small houses and a small barn built.

An area for a town hall an ornamental garden with water feature has been layed out. The hall itself has its foundation/basement dug.

townprogress312.jpg

My bridge, and Chocolate's castle are in the lower left. Manta/Pear's second castle is in the upper left.

Edited by Joben

Looking good Joben :) Sorry I haven't been helping out, I wasn't sure what your plans were so I didn't want to start changing things for fear of breaking stuff. So is the bridge going to go all the way to the town? If so, should there just be a 90 degree turn from it's current finishing point. That should, I believe, take it neatly to the little strip of torchlit but empty land above the mine entrance. It would also be at roughly the right level for the terrain. Anyway, now that you've built the general layout of the town, it shouldn't be too hard for others to add stuff, if you don't mind :) On that note, would anyone be offended if I built a church/temple/shrine of some sort in or near the town? It's not that I'm particularly concerned for the spiritual well-being of our minecraft characters, I just think it would be a fun building project. I don't mind avoiding that idea if it bothers anyone though :)

In any case, I still won't really be on today or tomorrow, as I have a lot of coursework due in. Perhaps on Wednesday though, hopefully.

Yes you can build a temple if you want.

Anyone is free to build what the want if it fits in with a town theme.

As building lots get taken up we can expand the streets and cleared land outward.

Edited by Joben

i think that's a pleasantly organic method of building :) as the needs of the populace grow, the town grows to accommodate them. When there's no more space, the town makes more. I think a little market area would also be nice, but I don't really know how to go about implementing such a thing :shrug: perhaps two fence posts side by side with wooden half blocks on top would make decent tables?

My shop The Armory is open for business.

I sell my main products are Arrows, Leather and TNT.

I take a variety of commodities in trade, there's a price chart on the wall. :)

(Why Leather you ask? Because a Diamond/Iron chestplate and leather everything else is actually one of the most efficient ways to maintain a high armor rating.

It exploits a quirk in how it's calculated and stays quite high until one of the leather pieces actually breaks.)

--------

omg Wolfies! lookit them shake their fur! :luv:

*has flashbacks to his Oblivion companion critters*

---------------

Underground arena sounds cool. Go for it. I'll help.

-----------------

My Nephew(s) have an account you may see them from time to time under the name WhoopiePie.

They're young, so please be nice to them, but let me know if they do anything anti-social.

Hey I never knew that about the armour! I'll keep my iron suit and just replace anything that breaks with leather I think :)

I've opened a bookshop opposite the museum. Obviously, given the limited uses of books, the shop is more for fun than anything, and I don't really know how to price the books, so I'll just say pay what you think its worth XD.

The arena has hit a slight snag through my lack of planning, but it's easily fixed :yes: Well, it'll be tedious but not difficult.

Dolly... there is nothing I can say to a supporter of the evil green base-breakers :stare:

And Echo, that's a pokemon yes? (I've fallen rather out of touch with the pokemon series) What materials did you use, coloured wool? Anyway, you're awesome at pixel art :D

Everything is wool save for snow for the white and smooth stone for a shade of gray between light gray and dark gray. I also had to strip out a color because there was no matching block to use, but I think it turned out great.

Edit: And I just found out some.... person... burnt it down... and blew the hell out of everything and burnt anything flammable... Im pissed now...

No, admin cant do anything. And this is a private server, so whoever did it (Which i have a good idea) will hear from me...

*sigh* several weeks work down the drain. Could have been worse though. My main storage was left intact, though my celler (were i keep my pork) is completely gone (Rebuilt it mostly) and every tree on one of my islands are all gone. Several holes from TNT i need to patch...