DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Unofficial Minecraft Thread

_echo

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird... I haven't been in your castle for ages, and I never brave the basement. Maybe you have a lighting problem :oblivion: spooky. Once on single player I excavated some stone from under my house and just covered over the hole. When I broke it open again it was full of skellies XD

I Think that's Chocolates, I've seen him in there a few times, and his castle and a mineshaft he made are near-bye.

I'm suprised he hasn't moved what i assume is his main stash into his castle yet though.

Edited by Joben

Yay update :dizzy: in addition to the beds and half blocks, does anyone else think the lighting looks better now?

EDIT: Yes, this is definitely a new feature; there's a new option for "smooth lighting" which does exactly what it says on the tin :)

Edited by the-manta

Bored so i redid my bedroom. I moved it from a small 4x3x3 room into my old 4x8x3 work room with tower access (Formerly on saile for 40 Diamond. No offers) Used to just be cobble walls with double-stone half block floors and 2 "lava-lamps" (Wall lava falls for light), but that was boring.

The new awesome-ified bedroom!

Untitled-2.png

And in other super-happy-fun-time news, I updated the first post with a better description of Minecraft, the most recent update notes, a few more "Useful Links" (different editors), oh, and a freakin cool picture from some randomly generated world specifically for that picture. Naturally I don't remember the seed I used for it.

Looks awesome Echo, cosy and stylish at the same time :D

And now for some breaking news:

THE SLIMES HAVE RETURNED :dizzy:

Joben and I, towards the end of a very profitable mining expedition, discovered a colony of the adorable translucent cubic beasties hopping around in a lava pool! Eventually they were all freed and must have taken a liking to us, as they followed us as far as they could (not very far, they seem to have trouble with corners and low ceilings). For all I know they're still hopping around down there on an obsidian lake (serious amounts of obsidian for anyone interested in mining it). I realize as I write this post that I completely forgot to take a screenshot of the moment :(

Thought I'd give y'all a quick update of what I've been up to :)

- I went back to the deeeeeep mine Joben and I explored with a diamond pick, and grabbed 45 obsidian (yeah, it took a while)- initially neither Joben nor I had bothered with mining it, but the other day I decided I might as well use that diamond pick I have, so I did.

-I have begun work on a new castle :o It's on top of a big hill which is now too steep to climb, and the walls are/will be built on good foundations. I plan to make this castle very defensible, so I'll have cactus walls, aforementioned steep hillside, and entry across a bridge, with a small obsidian gatehouse. The floorplan for the castle is quite small, as the hill turned out to be considerably less expansive than I initially believed, but that's fine by me- Castle Pear is really to large, I have no use for about 75% of the space in it.

-I have found out why I keep finding spiders in the garden of Castle Pear: they can climb vertical walls now :facepalm: so I will get to work on an overhang at the top of the wall.

-I found a small patch of brown mushrooms, which, along with a few of the many red mushrooms I had gathered, has made some tasty stew, one of the best foods in the game- swing by the restaurant in Castle Pear if you want some :)

EDIT: I have finished the "foundations" of the new castle, and the limitations of the hill mean that there is a great distance between the planned "floor level" of the castle (as marked by the cobblestone foundations) and the actual ground. I had an idea which I though I'd run past you guys: would it work to pour water and lava into the gap from opposite sides to fill it with cobblestone?

Edited by the-manta