DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP] Heart of the Dead Quest Mod

Middark

"Beware what treasure ye seek…

When finding it, one sees the truth of what ye are truly searching for…”

Summersky, High Priestess of the Mnymer'

Introducing...

The Heart

Of The Dead

About two years ago I decided to write a quest mod for Oblivion. I only got to work on it about an hour a day, but it started off good. The initial premise was a fun little quest in the vein of the movie, "National Treasure". A treasure hunt, if you will. So, I asked the wonderous Ren if I could use her Mystic Elves, and from there I was off.

What it turned out to be was a 8+ quest line, with more than 20 new dungeons, dozens of fully realized characters, new armor and weapons, and whole new areas to explore. It’s still a treasure hunt, but one that will span the land, taking you to familiar places with unfamiliar twists.

The basic setup is this: The player is hired by a dying beggar to find an ancient Ayleid artifact called the Heart of the Dead. Armed only with a single clue, the player must head all over the continent, finding clues that lead him deeper into the mystery of what the Heart is, and what it’s capable of. Along the way, he’ll meet up with Kat, a freewheeling thief who holds a dark secret, Dublin, a dark elf mage who’s looking to find his dead sister again, and Wintermoon, the Mystic Elf with a hidden connection to the Heart.

The quest will take the player to hidden places inside well known locations, as well as to all new lands and dreamscapes, as he tries to uncover the mystery of the Heart of the Dead...

So what can the player expect?

Features:

- 10+ hours of in-depth storytelling and dozens of new dungeons.

- Dozens of new NPCs with hundreds of lines of dialog in a character-based quest

- Three fully realized NPCs, with their own personalities, who might become your companions, depending on your actions and interactions with them. Share their joys and tears, and maybe even fall in love…

- New weapons and armor

- Dozens of unique artwork, used with permission by dozens of the best modders in the community. Some you’ll recognize, and some will surprise you…

- A new home

Game Trailer:

Screenshots:

The Mystic Elves.jpg

Portal to Mystery

The Temple Beckons

Back to the Beginning

Kat

The Black Caves

The mod itself is done and is currently being tested. I want to see if there is any interest in the VA community to lending their voices. Currently I am looking for 2-3 female actresses and 5 - 6 male actors.

For more info, check out

www.heartofthedead.com

-Middark

Great ideas!  I have to work at reinstalling OB now more than ever.And Kat reminds me of somebody, who also posted here... aa_biggrin.gif

:cry:  There is a family resemblance, isn't there?  LOL  

Mage is right!  The players just suck up these treasure hunt mods!  Our first one is now pushing a 1000 downloads over on Nexus.  Yours is sure to become extremely popular!!

:gather:

Wow, thanks for all the great support you guys!

Yeah, I started as a simple quest mod for Ren and her original Mystic Elves. Over the years it grew to many many hours, dozens of dungeons, and a tone of newold art.

The thing that got me in the beginning was that I'm not an artist. Not by any stretch, but there is so much great art out there, all floating separate. So why not pull a bunch together. There's about 2 dozens artists who all either contributed art to this, or gave me permission to use their wonderful items. I wouldn't be any where without them.

I'll keep you guys informed about the release, and thanks again for the warm welcome.

-Middark

PS: Kat is actually the amazing work of someone named Luchaire. I was searching for the longest time for a face for Kat, but when I saw his character of Nina I fell in love.