DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz] The Heart of the Dead: 10 Hour Quest mod released!

Middark

“Beware what treasure ye seek…

When finding it, one sees the truth of what ye are truly searching for…”

Summersky, High Priestess of the Mnymer

Raven Eye Productions Presents

The Heart of the Dead

*********IMPORTANT!! The file can be found at the link below. **********

HOD: www.heartofthedead.com

===================================

Description

You approach the beggar slowly, the man’s sickly smile reminding you of the horrors of living on the street. “Spare a coin?” He asks. Reluctantly you toss him a gold piece and tell him to go get dinner. “Ah, what mercy,” the man says. “You might be just the one I’m looking for…”

Thus begins “The Head of the Dead”, an 10+ hour quest adventure that will take you across the length of Cyrodiil in search of a rare Ayleid artifact. Visit old places with new twists, crawl along ancient dungeons and ruins, and follow the trail of clues as it leads you ever closer to the item known only as the Heart of the Dead.

The basic setup is this: The player is hired by a dying beggar to find an ancient Ayleid artifact called the Heart of the Dead. Armed only with a single clue, the player must head all over the continent, finding clues that lead him deeper into the mystery of what the Heart is, and what it’s capable of. Along the way, he’ll meet up with Kat, a freewheeling thief who holds a dark secret, Dublin, a dark elf mage who’s looking to find his dead sister again, and Wintermoon, the Mystic Elf with a hidden connection to the Heart.

The quest will take the player to hidden places inside well known locations, as well as to all new lands and dreamscapes, as he tries to uncover the mystery of the Heart of the Dead...

Featuring:

- 10+ hours of in-depth storytelling and dozens of new dungeons, along with many different puzzles and riddles, to create a grand adventure in the vein of Indiana Jones or National Treasure.

- Dozens of new NPCs with over a thousand lines of dialog in a character-based quest

- Three fully realized NPCs, with their own personalities, who might become your companions, depending on your actions and interactions with them. Share their joys and tears, and maybe even fall in love…

- New weapons and armor

- Dozens of unique artwork, used with permission by dozens of the best modders in the community. Some you’ll recognize, and some will surprise you…

- A new unique home, with plenty of storage and surprises.

BONUS: Also included is an extra music pack, for those who want to listen to pieces that are appropriate to this quest.

Requirements

The Heart of the Dead requires that Shivering Isles must be installed

Also recommended is a character 15th level or higher. A character lower than 15 can still play, but the quest can get quite tough for beginning levels.

Credits

All Quest Dialog, Scripting and Story: B. Freyermuth (Middark)

The Companions use a heavily modified version of “CM Partners” by Cutthroat Mods.

Testing: Thanks to the wonderful SickleYield for her many selfless hours at bug killing and advice.

Many talented and wonderfully supportive artists gave permission to use their art in the game:

Ren's Mystic Elves and Hair: Ren

Dreadweave Complete (WK Armor): Nicoroshi

Dublin's Robe: Original Mesh: Blackheart, Conversion: SickleYield, Texture: AlienSlof

Kat's Hairstyle: Soya

Kat's Face (Nina): Luchaire

Kat’s Armor (Blood Ice Mesh): Petrovich

Kat’s Armor (Blood Ice Recoloring): Luchaire

Hunters' Outfit (Assassin’s Elite): Petrovich

Dragon Torch: Saiden Storm, B. Freyermuth, and SickleYield

Dead White King Armor: Cinkei, Ami Yoshida and Bloke

Loreless Creature Pack: Koldorn and Phitt

Akatosh Mount: Saiden Storm

Kagernacs Tools: Star Boi aka Earrindo

Daedric Statues: Cinnamon & Trey Leavens

Forgotten Shields: Pain Killer

Dwarven Ruins: mr_siika

Magic Shields: KZ

Shadow Staffs: Trollf

Underwater Beds: Kalikut

Static Water Texture: Texian

Shadow Weapons: Andragorn

Real Lava: CptJoker

Deadworld Fractals: Cory and Catska Ench

Bab and

FF Bodies:

Ceedee for BAB

Corwyn, Daede and TeamFF

The following clothing and armor are BAB converted to UFF:

Mystic Elf Armor, both male (Fantasy) and female (Ebony Revamped)

Wintermoon’s dress (Bloodrayne)

And Kat’s dress (White Plain Velvet)

All other meshes and textures are either created by Bethesda or Brian Freyermuth.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update!!

The Big One is finally here. 5.0 has arrived, and with it are some huge changes. You can find the updates at:

http://www.heartofthedead.com

http://www.tesnexus....le.php?id=21176

http://planeteldersc...w...ail&id=5139

The Full version is up on the main site, but not the others yet.

So the number one change, the one almost EVERYONE’S been demanding is finally in. Yup, all three companions now have unique responses to all commands. That means unique greetings, goodbyes, and responses to your commands. I went a little nuts, so there are also responses to weather, time of day, etc. There are still a couple of times where they revert back to Oblivion voices, but they are few and far between.

The change was made when you go through the last portal, BUT if you already have a saved game with the companions in it that is far after the mod, do not fret. I fixed it so that this major overhaul will be seamless if you’ve already played.

There was a couple of other really big ticket items (No more seams in the unique dungeon tiles near the end, and one of the entrances to the dungeons was moved quite a ways away), and a lot of little fixes. But it was the companion things that took all this time, but I think you’ll like it.

IMPORTANT NOTES: If you have either an old version of Mystic Elves, or if you have your own CM Partners, you MUST put these mods after HOD in the load order. I’m still getting some wonkiness with CM Partners, but only if it’s before HOD, and mystic elves will always conflict if put above HOD. The CM Partners one I am currently looking into, but sadly to say I have no interest in fixing the mystic elves conflict. I would have to redo everything when it came to my own mystic elves, and that’s work I cannot take on right now.

Also, the entrance to the Savior’s Hollow with Harren has been moved. If you have a saved game where you saved in front of the door, you will get a strange anomaly where the door is hanging in midair near the waterfall. There’s nothing I can do about this, but it shouldn’t break the game. Just enter the door and progress through the dungeons.

So enjoy!

Ver 5.0

HOD Partners MAJOR overhaul:

- Follow and relax now works.

- Unique dialog is now implemented for each HOD Partner. This new dialog does not affect other CM Partners.

- HOD Partners were not "reloading" when loading into a new level. (which fixes the double face bug). Now they do.

- Gave Kat some armor at the end. Kinda nice to have.

Other Changes:

- MAJOR CHANGE: Moved Harren's Cave (Savior's Hollow) entrance to a better place, where Y-Leez won't get stuck.

- Changed Inar's speech about page-line-letter to page-line-character, including spaces.

- Spelling: After getting book, pop-ups said "alter" and "WIth".

- Another "Alter" in the pedestal texts in Dagoth Ur.

- Took out extra health check. Seems to messing with a few people's machines.

- Replaced ending white king armor with normal armor with no curse. Script was getting stuck sometimes.

- Made it so you cannot litter the World of the Dead with Hearts.

- Fixed a bug where Kat might not give you the statue in the four corners room.

- Fixed overlap in the end ruins

- A strange sleep token showed up in one of the leveled lists. Taken out.

- Also took out a debug message in one of the dungeons.

- Took out all references to the Imperial Race.

- Made sure all the mystic elves like Wintermoon all the time.

BSA Graphics Fixes:

- Fixed all seams in the last dungeon. At least, all the ones I could see.

- Fixed all the Dark UI loading screens and made it available in the update and base downloads.

- Made a new Harren's Cave graphic for new location.

Also, a quick update on the VO front:

I have a full cast for the main characters finally, and it makes me very happy.  aa_biggrin.gif The actors and actresses have been trully wonderful in their support and the lines are going great. So far I have:

Wintermoon - WhoGuru

Inar and Yurn - Dark Rider

Dublin - Colin-Man

Kat - Purple-Gandalf

SummerskyMara - Greenwarden

Great stuff from all. I will also have a few videos up later this week for anyone who's interested in seeing the characters and what they will sound like in game.

:blush:

-Middark

Oooo can't wait to see the videos!   :blush:  

Now that I have a new mic which actually works properly!   aa_wall.gif  I can get started on the lines once more! I'll redo all those I've already sent so you wont have some with an irritating popping noise. It would drive me nuts to hear it in game knowing I was responsible for it. LOL