DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz]An-Arane Cey: Lost Sword of the Ayleids v2.0 -Thread 2

WhoGuru

An-Arane Cey: Lost Sword of the Ayleids

Version 2.0 - Some major changes and upgrades have been made. If you're updating your old install, Be sure to check the Read-me for instructions.

Link to our first thread - RELz Thread 01

- Courtesy of Da Mage

Centuries ago, in the time of Alessia, an Ayleid Prince commissioned a weapon to destroy his enemies. An-Arane Cey, the King's Shadow. He fell before the swords completion and it was hidden away until one of his successors would come to claim her. You are that successor and will have to follow a treasure hunt of clues across Cyrodiil to claim your well earned prize.

Details:

Lost Sword of the Ayleids is a treasure hunt mod.

There are no map markers.

You will have to rely on your own ingenuity and knowledge of Cyrodiil's landscape to find each location.

The clues, in combination with the journal hints, should give you ample information to point you in the right direction.

The reward is a custom made sword that has a recharge ability along with other

useful enchantments. We haven't timed the quest, but it should take you awhile

to do it as there are a number of dungeons you have to raid in order to do the quest.

Lost Sword is designed to begin once you've had a good night's sleep.

Find a bed and get horizontal for at least eight hours.

The quest will begin with a short video clip.

The sword is crafted from Welkynd Stone, for those who ask why the blade is blue. It was initially based on an Elven Longsword though the original stats have been bumped up. It's the enchantments that truly make this a blade worth having. It is unique.

The end boss battle of this quest is no walk through the park. Come prepared and remember to save first. My level 20 character got pasted to the floor the first time.

Updates:

-If you've been experiencing the bug where the final clue fails to spawn properly, download and install the update esp. This should fix the issue!

- The quest stages before the final dungeon are randomized, so that it is slightly different

each time you play. There may be a lag of several seconds between when you click on the scroll

and when it actually opens. This is due to the randomizer.

- The sword's recharge ability has been changed so that it only require 8 kills before it is

recharged. ALso, the amount of uses has been increased.

- An-Arane Cey (the sword) is now a leveled weapon, and will also level with you. To level

up the sword, simply re-equip the sword.

- The final zone in the last dungeon has had a complete makeover.

- The final battle has been made harder, with a host of new features added in.

- Some general bugfixes.

- The files have been re-organised, to make them tidier.

Add-Ons:

We now have some optional add-ons for you to customize the mod to have certain features. All add-ons

must be loaded on after the main .esp use OBMM to do this.

1. Claymore Version

This replaces all versions of the An-Arane Cey sword with a similar claymore version of it. Stats have

also been changed.

To install simply copy the files into the ...obliviondata directory and then check the esp.

2. OBSE Recharging Script

This is a small add-on that replaces the recharge feature on the sword with a more polished version

using OBSE scripts. REQUIRES OBSE v15 or later.

To install simply copy the esp into the ...obliviondata directory and then check the esp.

Darkseed Team:

Da Mage - Textures, Coding & CS

WhoGuru - Writing & Dialogue

DarkRider - Voice Overs

Varus Torvyn - Technical Adviser/Textual Adviser

Knite 0 da nine - Jack of all trades

Shadowhider - Textures/Graphics

WillieSea - Adviser and Sword Savior Extraordinaire

Incompatibilities:

**If you are using the Unique Landscape-Arrius Creek, the tallest waterfall below the Belda ruins will be gone. The clue still spawns where it was supposed to but now falls to rest near the bottom of the hillside, above the water line.

**The UL team has graciously created a patch for us reinstating the Waterfalls. You can find it on their download page here:

Download Link

Requirements:

TES IV: Oblivion Patched to v1.2.0416

Downloads:

At PES -Link

At TES Nexus - Link

WhoGuru - Message at Official ES Forums or TES Alliance

Da Mage - Message at Official ES Forums or TES Alliance

DarkRider - Message at Official ES Forums or TES Alliance

Bethesda Softworks - For making such a great game and the CS

Shivering Isles - For use of a handy script

NifTools

Blender Foundation

WillieSea - For saving our wonderful sword

legal:

You cannot re-release this mod in any form without permission from the Darkseed Team.

If you do we will hunt you down and do horrific things to your pet/s. :wave:

ScreenShot2.jpg

ScreenShot5.jpg

ScreenShot1-4.jpg

ScreenShot0-5.jpg

ScreenShot6-3.jpg

ScreenShot5-2.jpg

The New Claymore Version of An-Arane Cey:

20184-1-1232388250.JPG

20184-2-1232388251.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hey

So far this Mod has been a blast but I have run into a snag that I think is script related. I am currently on journal entry #9 ( getstage ASQuest = 40.00 ) in the "Pirate" cave. The room is clear & the clue is on the ground in front of me but no matter what I do I can NOT pick it up thus complete the quest stage. I noticed that another user on PlanetElderscolls ( TheLastSOLDIER Link ) was having the same problem. Now I have moved your MOD all over my load order to see if something loading before or after was causing this with no luck. Is there a way to use a console command to get the clue & advance past this step ? or anything else I can do to get moving on this so I can be ready for your next Mod with the matching armor..

Thanks in advance

With the new randomizer in the spawning of the clues, there is often a delay of a second or two and on rare occasions, a much longer delay. The final clue, which I think you're on, may have spawned in the same place as the scroll you see. Try moving it, walking into it, picking it up and see if the actual clue appears beneath/inside it.

If that isn't the case, we may have our first bug. I'll ask Mage to have a look at it soon as he gets on. :blush: If you could post your load order, that would be a help as well. Thanks!

My lap top is in the shop. Hard drive died. I will get back to playing and testing stuff for Oblivion when I get it back. The randomizing of the clues does make the quest totally different every time I play it. Nice work. The delay does seem to be down to just a few seconds now too.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright! The clue spawn bug has been officially squashed! :blush: If you've been having this issue, where it doesn't spawn properly, download and install the update esp. This should fix the problem!

Please let us know if it doesn't! Or if you're experiencing any other odd issues. :no:

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I have installed the updated file but the last clue doesn't show up still. It is in the bed in the castle one but it's not there. Is there another work around for this? Like maybe a command that will make it show up or something.

• 1 month later...

I just finished the quest but realise a starnge behavior with the sword...

Is it normal than when I take it, simply slash someone or the air,

my destruction skill and blade skill are increased by 15 .

and I don't see any bonnus in this, the +15 bonnus isn't written in green....

destruction: 75------>90

blade 89------------> 104

after equiping another sword, my stats are going back to normal.

Is that effect normal....I don't see any stats bonnus in the sword effect...

anyway, great mod and thx

(sorry if my english isn't the best, my main language is french...)

here is my loadind list:

Masters for: autosave.ess

00 Oblivion.esm

01 EnhancedWeatherSIOnly.esm [Version 1.0.7]

02 All Natural Base.esm

03 ScreenEffects.esm

04 Lattamerv3.esm

05 HorseCombatMaster.esm

06 EyeCandy - Content.esm

07 CM Partners.esm

08 Beautiful People.esm

09 Elves Of Lineage II.esm

0A Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm [Version 1.33]

0B DLCShiveringIsles.esp

0C Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.2.0]

0D Oblivion_Audio_and_Visual_Overhaul_1st_esp.esp

0E Olivion_Audio_and_Visual_Overhaul_2nd_esp.esp

0F Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

10 DLCHorseArmor.esp

11 DLCOrrery.esp

12 DLCThievesDen.esp

13 DLCFrostcrag.esp

14 DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

15 DLCVileLair.esp

16 DLCSpellTomes.esp

17 DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

18 Knights.esp

19 CM Partners.esp

1A CM Partners More NPCs NE.esp

1B ExnemEyeCandy.esp

1C StockClothingArmor-forExnems.esp

1D OOO-Armor.esp

1E Beautiful People.esp

1F _Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp

20 Elves Of Lineage II.esp

21 AinmhiRace-RensBeautyPackHairsOnly.esp

22 Beautiful People Female Anime Voice.esp

23 AinmhiRace-RensBeautyPackFull.esp

24 Luchaire's Neck Seam Concealer.esp

25 Visually Enchanted 2.1.esp

26 1SB Soulshade Sword.esp

27 actors_in_charge.esp

28 1SB_OrthaeSword.esp

29 UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp [Version 1.0.0]

2A Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp

2B Noble Plate Armory.esp

2C Morrigan Armor Set v1_0.esp

2D _Ren_BeautyPack_full_anime_voice.esp

2E SW01Plus.esp

2F SchwarzeKatzeArmor.esp

30 MLclothes.esp

31 SWalk.esp

32 BlackLuster.esp

33 ArmamentariumArmor.esp

34 New Frostmourne Sword by Jojjo v1_0.esp

35 EyeCandy Compilation.esp

36 SexyPlOneHand.esp

37 HGEC_Draconic_Armor.esp

38 tona_simple_dress-armor_ver3.esp

39 LostSwordOfTheAylied.esp

3A Queensarmory.esp

3B Hentai_Compilation.esp

3C BWisteria.esp

3D AT2 01-Shiki Armor Set.esp

3E Hiyoko_Store.esp

3F MHSNKirin.esp

40 tona_whitesquall-armor_ver2.esp

41 DarkRoseSet.esp

42 AW_Wings.esp [Version 1]

43 Ungarion1TheWelkyndSword.esp [Version 1.4]

44 Lost Paladins of the Divines.esp

45 ImpeREAL City Unique Districts - All the Districts - Merged.esp

46 xulAncientRedwoods.esp

47 xulAncientYews.esp

48 xulArriusCreek.esp

49 xulBravilBarrowfields.esp

4A xulChorrolHinterland.esp

4B xulCloudtopMountains.esp

4C xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp

4D XulEntiusGorge.esp

4E xulFallenleafEverglade.esp

4F xulImperialIsle.esp

50 xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp

51 xulLushWoodlands.esp

52 xulPantherRiver.esp

53 xulRiverEthe.esp

54 xulStendarrValley.esp

55 xuldarkforest.esp

56 xulTheHeath.esp

57 xulRollingHills_EV.esp

58 xulPatch_AY_AC.esp [Version 1.1]

59 alicia.esp

5A cmAtaraxia.esp

5B Dark Promise.esp

Okay, nothing in your load order is jumping out at me. Are you running any mods or programs not in the load order that alter weapons or combat in any way?

I'll get Da Mage in here first thing when he gets on later to have a look as he's the scripting genius behind the mod. Until then, there's little I can tell you as the sword shouldn't act that way on it's own. :wave:

I'm not familiar with BOSS so I used oblivion mod manager to place it at the last loading mod, but im getting the same issue.

simply switching from one weapon to the mod sword cause the stats iissue.

switching back to a normal weapon make my stats normal again...

sorry to bother you with this...

Really? the sword isnt supposed to bump stats? O.o

Had I known that, I would have reported it lol, actually its worth pointing out that if you level up and the sword is equiped, your stats at level up are wrong, they are yours plus the boost. You have to unequip, switch weapons, and its always a good idea to check if the stats have reverted.

I didn't report it because I thought it was part of the sword... :)

Edit: Besides, did you really want me to report it after I found a way to grab the sword and the nifty breast plate from the enemy before he comes back for round 2? or do i need to show off the pick again :huh:

Okay, I just went and looked at it, and i found out that we did in fact add a fofity to the sword (must have been an early 2.0 addition or i would have remembered it). I can also tell you that it fortifies strength, blade and destruction, but becuase i made it an ability not an enchantment it effects the levelup stuff. This was something none of us picked up, I i didnt know abiout back then. The only fix is to remove the fortify. I dont believe this was actually planned for the final version, but it was a while back so i cant remember.

If you just need a quick fix until we release a fix, the spell ID for the ability is xx006AAF where xx is the mod's order number (you can find it in OBMM). Just use removespell when you go to level up.

You're lucky Red, I got on just as you sent me that message. aa_tongue.gif

LOL Glad I caught you! And no, we never discussed adding skill bonuses to the sword. :) I would have remembered. As long as it's not doing any permanent damage to the players stats I'd say it's not critical. Especially as it's taken until now for anyone to even mention it!

Further investigation shows that I had a heap of scripting to put that in there (how the hell didnt i remeber this!?!), buta quick deletion of some code in a number of scripts has remeove the fortifies.

I do remeber that it was discussed at some point and I must have put it together, then forgot out it after we scrapped it. The enchantments could have been on the sword though (that fixes all the errors), the only reason they wouldnt be there is if we had wanted them cluttering it up.

oh yeah, another quick-fix for the sword, unequip before you levelup :huh:

Also, I was looking at the mod layout the other day, and realised, we have made a really good random path quest templete. A single person could make similar style quest (just by replacing the clues, both the text and locations) in a matter of days (or one day if the are good at writing clues/getting the pictures). It would take much longer to make a good ending though. But still, it make me glad to know that it is so recycleable. :)

Maybe I'll write a tutorial for it and set up a templete esp (remove all our custom stuff, they would be allowed to use that). Would really help the starter quest makers make something interesting, an wouldnt require much work on my half.

might do that, if I have permission for you of course, it's more then just my mod.

• 2 weeks later...