DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[BETA RELz] Telekinetic Damage

Colin_man

I'd say "I've done it!! BWAHAHAHA!!!!" but really, it's more of a "we've done it! BWAHAHAHA!!"

Telekinetic Damage!

Downloads:

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22957

http://www.4shared.com/file/91371949/76ab1d1e/_2__TelekineticDamage.html

What it do: This mod adds a new spell to the PC's lexicon by way of a short quest. The spell is a version of Telekinesis that actually damages the actors hit by flying objects. Not only that, but the damage done is directly related to both the weight of the object being controlled AND the speed with which the object strikes it's target. If the actor hit by the object is dealt enough damage, (s)he is knocked over. The spell does cause aggro to it's targets, but this is is done through a frenzy effect and this sometimes might lead to the actor choosing the wrong target for his aggressions.. but usually not, as you have to be kinda close to use this spell. As a balance, the casting cost of the spell is also related directly to the weight of the object. If the object is dropped from your telekinetic grasp, it will discharge it's destructive energies with a fireball. All in the vicinity of the blast will be damaged. After this blast, the object will be mundane again. Please (if you try this out) give me some feedback on what values (the duration of the spell, magnitude of damage and such) you might like altered.

To begin the quest: Elenara is a high-ranking mage in the Arcane University. She spends her time in the courtyard or the mystic archives.. but can be found asleep in the mages quarters basement and sometimes also visits the praxographical center. She'll tell you how to begin!

Ok, current issues with the quest (that I don't know how to fix, but I'm sure others do):

1: Carries-No-Sword has no persuasion wheel

any other issues/bugs please let me know here, so I can address them (or ask someone else how to :rofl: )

Thank you DarkRider for holding my hand on this my first little mod!

Thank you WhoGuru for supplying your lovely voice to Elenara.

Thank you Critterman for an wonderful spell that accomplishes something I've been wanting in my game for ever!

sweet.. I just couldn't wait to release SOMETHING hahaha.. there will be more updates to it I'm sure!  :rofl:

Here's a couple hastily taken shots of the spell in action:

TD1.jpg

TD2.jpg

TD3.jpg

Also here are some things I'd like to make happen in the future of the mod:

1:  Select a good reward item for Elenara to give to the PC (shoes with spell absorption on them?  a telekinesis dagger? let me know.. I'd like it to be something to do with mysticism)

2:  I'd like to remove the Vanilla voices from my NPCs so as not to break vocal continuity

3:  Elenara should walk to carries-no-sword's home after the quest ends and then stay there.

4:  The Courier should leave through the door of the inn and then disappear.

5:  I have recorded a rumors topic for Carries-No-Sword.  It still needs implementing.  I'd like it to be available as a topic as long as the PC is not conversing with carries-no-sword about the quest topics.

Heya Colin! Just had a quick run through. Up to getting in the cave that is. Then my game crashed, which is fine with me  because the Will-o-the-Wisps were about to hand my can to me.  :rofl:

One thing, the volume on Elenara's lines is WAY too soft. Can you raise the volume on them? You can barely hear her. Can you do it? Or do you need me to?

i can do it.  I think it's because the settings on my game are odd (voice volumes are way up and music is way down) that I didn't notice.

oh and those aren't will-o-the-wisps .. not exactly.  That's what Carries-no-sword's rumors topic will be about.  :rofl:

did the crash happen because of my mod or was it more likely a random thing?

Okay cool!! I just don't want you getting a spate of complaints that people can't hear the dialogue!  LOL

and....the key... OMG I'm still chuckling and I wont spoil it here but that was hysterical! Wonderful hiding place!

:rofl:  and I love the note!!

Loved that!   :rofl:  

I think the crash was a random thing. Happens from time to time. I'm about to hop back in game and make sure but I do get the occasional exception error and crash.   aa_tongue.gif   You know what they say, if your game doesn't crash, you're not running enough mods. LOL

Yep! As I thought! Just a random crash! No worries! It wasn't related to your mod!  While you're adjusting dialogue volume, you'll want to make Carries-No-Sword a bit louder as well. His is on the soft side as well.

The spell takes a bit of fiddling to figure out but it's certainly fun once you do!

Yeah.. it's kinda dangerous to the player heh.. but then it's like juggling knives.. sometimes you get stuck  :poke:

I ran into a tree, or rather, ran the boots I was carrying with it into a tree and got creamed.  :rofl:  That was great! Next on my list...god mode and some Imperial City Mayhem!

also: how is the agro that the spell adds working?  do people get upset with you fast enough?

They seemed too! I dropped the boots I was using at one point. The only person in range was a stable worker outside Leyawiin and she got piiiiiiissed!   aa_tongue.gif   LOL

ok, issues "addressed" so far for the next version:

CNS is a bit harder to pick-pocket.

Reward given: Base Ring of Mysticism.

Gold issue with courier fixed.

persuasion possibly fixed for CNS, but not tested.  He likes my character too much, and his personality is set at 20  :rofl:   of course, you have to be a member of the Mages Guild to talk to him.. and he's a member too.  that's a 30 point bump right there right?

On to working on adding the voice for the added line the courier speaks now as well as bumping up the volume for E and CNS

just to check:  I alter the volume in Audacity for the .wav files and then convert the .wav files into .mp3 files to boost their volume in the mod, right?  also, I do this by boosting the gain, yes?

Yes, though if a line is very quiet, you might have to use the Amplify tool. Gain should be sufficient in most cases though.  aa_biggrin.gif

For your Persuasion issue. You could create a new faction for that character with a -30 reaction to the player to counter the Mage's Guild boost.

ok, issues "addressed" so far for the next version:CNS is a bit harder to pick-pocket.Reward given: Base Ring of Mysticism.Gold issue with courier fixed.persuasion possibly fixed for CNS, but not tested.  He likes my character too much, and his personality is set at 20  :rofl:   of course, you have to be a member of the Mages Guild to talk to him.. and he's a member too.  that's a 30 point bump right there right?On to working on adding the voice for the added line the courier speaks now as well as bumping up the volume for E and CNS

Ok, got the volume bumped up a bit, and added the new line for the Courier!

here's the link to the new one: TD-2

let me know what you think!  The download is only here in this thread and I haven't got a beth forums thread yet, so we're pretty sequestered I think, currently  aa_biggrin.gif   after we get some of these issues done I might do a beta relz out there.. but that's scary!   :vader:  :pints:

Okay!! The volume on the voices sounds great now!!

I have however found a bit of a bug. A new one. When I choose the option to pay the courier, he doesn't recognize me as having enough gold to pay it! LOL I have about 87,000 gold with this character. With the original .esp I had no problem with this so it's something that's changed since then. That should make it easier to track down for you!

You're so close to release now WOO!!!

yeah i found it too, haha. It's because of a new bit of dialogue.  before the issue with  that part of the quest was that, if you didn't have 800 gold, the guy just took what you had.  now the response for you not having enough gold is the only one running.. SO CLOSE!