DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Screen captures.

donnato

O.K. I`ve got another one for ya. I followed a thread instructing that I go into the Oblivion.ini file and change b.AllowScreenShot=0, to =1 and save. This I did with surprisingly little effort...but with no change. Using the Prt Sc key still has no effect ( nor does Ctrl+ Prt Sc, or any other combination I copld think of). I have some other screen cap. apps but nothing that`ll work in-game.

Rodger that. MY Asus has a core duo 2.26 GB processor, 320hdd,4GB ram, and NVIDIA 9800M gs card running at 512Mb. It gets alittle hot but doesn`t crash until I reach at least level 20 and there`s multiple opponents on screen...or if the moon is full. And yes Vista home premium w/service pack 2 in 64 bit. I heard about fraps but I thought it was primarrily for video caps. I guess if I could get video out of the game I could then use Snaggit or VLC to do the snapshots. Thanks I`ll check it out.

Fraps can shoot film or still shots. You can assign it to 2 different keys on your key board, I use F11 for screenshots and F12 for filming. But Fraps does both! It's actually better than print screen because Fraps can screenshot as .jpg which means no extra work to put pics online! :pints:

I believe that`s where I made the change but since you`ve brought it up I`m beginning to doubt. I`ll check it out. In the mean time I downloaded fraps ( only a trial but I`ll take it) AND IT WORKS...i DIDITiDIDITiDIDIT...soooo cool, soooo easy, hit F10 as much as I want then when I exit game, all the shots are there for me to sort. Waaay groovey. Thanks again. That said, now I mst go check that file referance. :pints:

Yup, I changed the AllowScreenShot referance in Doc`s. Still can`t screen save with Prt sc. No matter, Fraps works great. I``m now learning about all I can do by importing images to any of my various alteration apps. As soon as I figure out how to import to this venue, you`ll see me with a new avitar ( probably my in-game character). I cannot say enough about how great this place is, thanks. :pints:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

However fraps is a huge Ram drain. I switched to Howie's Screen capture

You can use it and change the image type. (Since this site wont accept the basic that fraps puts out)

Ive tried Fraps for video capture but it sucks up lots of FPS. (Course Im yet to try it with my new settings)

And if you want a example of my screen shots just check the main page.