DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Wellspring Vale

WhoGuru

Wellspring Vale

Well this started out as a single house for the player that would double as an art gallery and modders painting resource. It has since grown. aa_tongue.gif From one house to two and then more kept wandering in to fill up the lovely empty clearing and now there are five. I'm not big on WIP threads for my houses but as this has mutated into a little village, I thought I would and would appreciate any tips or suggestions people may have to help make my first village even more special. :)

About the village:

The most unique feature of this village will be the Galleria house. In here the player will not only be able to admire many beautiful screenshots turned into paintings but, through the scripting wizardy of InsanitySorrow, you will be able to actually purchase any painting in the house and place it in any home you choose, modded or vanilla. :huh:

There will be a modest player house of course beside the Galleria house, an inn and a few villagers to round things out and give it some life. I'm striving to make the village blend in to the surroundings and look as though it belongs, rather than out of place. So far it's looking quite good.

Here are a few early screens of the exterior, still very much in progress.

Galleria Village Location

ScreenShot338.jpg

ScreenShot340.jpg

ScreenShot339.jpg

Current team: Myself of course and InsanitySorrow :D

==========

Members who have graciously donated screenshots:

Myself

Greenwarden

bg2408

InsanitySorrow

OuijaU

Floydian1

Death-Knowz

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! My favorite tester and bunny hunter! :) LOL I'm going to wait on making the bunny hunt public until I have the interiors closer to being finished I think. I imagine we'll be flooded with entries at that point and have trouble choosing! :huh:

Have fun at work lady!

Yay, villagey goodness  aa_tongue.gif

You may want to add a few more buldings though.

The big spot in the middle looks a bit sparse  :poke:

The gallery house sounds great, I'm sure the finished product will amaze me as always  aa_biggrin.gif

Thanks Yevic! I'm actually thinking about putting some sort of open air little market in that open space in the middle. Something more like Morrowind. A few vendors at their tables during the day. There are a few really great market tent resources out there.   aa_biggrin.gif  

Edit: As we'll be adding in several NPC's I should think dialogue a must of course. LOL And where better than here to find fabulous VA's to voice them!

Thanks Yevic! I'm actually thinking about putting some sort of open air little market in that open space in the middle. Something more like Morrowind. A few vendors at their tables during the day. There are a few really great market tent resources out there.   aa_biggrin.gif

That sounds good, Markets are always fun places to visit. Especially after hours  :poke:

Nah it is west of your mod, but still I'm sure that the surrounding cells will be touched by both.  I'm sure it'll be fine!  And since you know the ins and outs of 'creating a compatibility patch'  aa_wink.gif there's nothing to worry about.  

EDIT~ I mess with -40 through -48.  I've put a lake in behind the city ( which is big with 25 homes ), like the old map has, and one day the causeway will be finished!

LOL Well, has to be a first time to create a patch right?  :poke:  I'm sure between the two of us we can figure it out if we need to. Hey, want me to send you the current esp and you can load it up and see how close we are? Right now it is just an esp, no folders or anything as I'm working on the landscape still.

And here I thought I was building in an area virtually untouched by mods!  :poke:  Seems we all have an eye for a beautiful region! I'm sure we'll be fine. My village is within spitting distance of Fort Istirus, just west of it.

OK checked it and I'm five cells over from you, due west.  But if I ever align the sidewalks I want a road to Udolf and it'll pass just to the north!  I haven't checked it with OBMM yet though.  Just the CS. :poke:

There weren't any rips in the land.  they loaded together fine.  aa_biggrin.gif

"And they modded happily ever after"

aa_tongue.gif

btw, who says I was just making a house?

Haunted houses always go better with a scared little village nearby  aa_tongue.gif

Oh well ,we should probobally get back on topic  :poke:

Will your village contain stables?

or will I have to park on my front lawn?  aa_tongue.gif

Yevic, the lake I've made will be close enough to your house that I bet we could have a luxurious set of falls near both your house and Red's village!  But what will UL users say??

Enough digression!  Yours will be the mod they really want, Red!   :poke: