DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Wellspring Vale

WhoGuru

Sweet! This is shaping up to be pretty darn interesting!

Now Grond, so changes we make parenting our mods to the Tavern would only appear if the Tavern mod were installed as well? I'm trying to understand this. LOL Would say, the Galleria require the Tavern mod to be used or would it be usable on it's own and having the Tavern in a load order would add more to it?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! This is shaping up to be pretty darn interesting! Now Grond, so changes we make parenting our mods to the Tavern would only appear if the Tavern mod were installed as well? I'm trying to understand this. LOL Would say, the Galleria require the Tavern mod to be used or would it be usable on it's own and having the Tavern in a load order would add more to it?

Your initial release - since it'll be done today around 6pm  aa_biggrin.gif  - can be without any tavern mod relation.  That's for those types who don't want the tavern, or don't know about it.  I'll download your village and merge it with my town and the tavern - the single .esp that requires the tavern master.  I'll cut a road in and a stream and falls and make your village, Sutch and the tavern one .esp.  Then you can go over the whole thing.

Yevic, you can do the same!

Problem is, I don't remember how to pull things out of an esp, or even if it's possible.  So the tavern .esp will have sutch and eventually Galleria and Yevic's places within it.  That's the ESP, not the ESM.

What so far?Two villages, a lake, a castle (right)?It's getting pretty crowded :pints: Which is good, it needed some life.

and a nameless Tavern filled with a bunch of rogues that have a disturbing resemblance to those of us contributing to the Tavern tales!   :pints:  Grond, did you ever get Rider's likeness to stop running from a fight?  LOL

That sounds perfect Grond!! Now, my only concern will be for people using the Galleria mod as a home, stashing stuff as you do, if they want to replace it with the Tavern mod and have the whole kit and kaboodle, will they have to empty their house of all goodies first? That will be something we'll want to note in the readmes I should think   aa_tongue.gif

I think they'll have to move out then move back in.  But I don't know for sure.  If the esp of your village changes to The Tavern Mod.esp, but nothing else is altered, I don't know.  But I'd move out if I downloaded the new one.  Safety!

I think they'll have to move out then move back in.  But I don't know for sure.  If the esp of your village changes to The Tavern Mod.esp, but nothing else is altered, I don't know.  But I'd move out if I downloaded the new one.  Safety!

That's what I figured. If I understand the way this will be set up, they'll have to remove the Galleria mod and then replace it with the Tavern mod. Likely a clean save as well. Hmm. That could cause some irritation among users. Anyone who purchased paintings from the Galleria and placed them in their homes would lose them and have to do it all over again.
This needs some looking in to, to see if there's a way to do this without having that happen. What do you think?

Then we're back to patching I think.  If I buy some paintings, then disable the mod, then save, those are gone.  So there's the patch idea that would save their homes from terrible theft... aa_tongue.gif  And form a coherent pretty landscape to the tavern.  That's probably least worrisome for the player.

BTW if/when you add to the tales, best you write about the new village!

LOL Alright, Patching it is unless someone more knowledgable shows up with a stroke of genius that would save players paintings from art theft!  :pints:  

I'll be sure to have Red visit the village first chance she gets.   :pints:  Which means I better decide on a name for the place right quick eh? LOL

Nice work... and wow, talk about major development in an area that is open lol.

I take it the Galaria is the house from Chorrol, and is that not the same exterior as the Fighter Guilds Guild Masters house?

I love the shots over all and really cant wait for the mod.  Also thanks for explaining the Sutch mod to me via PM and ending my confusion lol...

There's a fighters guild guild masters house? LOL I actually didn't know that. I just like the building! Yes, the Chorrol mansion type house is the Galleria. The lovely house next to it will be the player house.   :pints:

Well if I can ever sort out which interior piece to use you may one day see what I do with it. :pints:  Stupid Leyawiin interior architecture does NOT match the outsides of the houses. Not for the middle class homes, which this is. I've been banging my head against the CS for a couple hours now trying to find a configuration that doesn't irritate me.   aa_wall.gif  The outside is an L shape and all the interiors are bloody rectangles. LOL Honestly. What were they thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a great mod. I love the idea for a galleria...

And maybe add some scripting so that when the play finishes the main quest, a few more paintings are added of events from the main quest (Martin giving his first speach, Oblivion Gates, etc. :wave: ) Just to add a unique-ness to the player's home when he/she is finished.

Keep up the good work! :smug:

Alrighty! Some new screens! The Exterior work is close to finished now, barring some cluttering here and there, adding some plants, bushes, etc... Leaving my favorite part...interiors! Woot! :candle: Anyway, here we go!

ScreenShot377.jpg

ScreenShot378.jpg

ScreenShot379.jpg

ScreenShot380.jpg

ScreenShot381.jpg

ScreenShot382.jpg

ScreenShot383.jpg

ScreenShot384.jpg

ScreenShot385.jpg