DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hi There

darkstone

Hi,just thought I`d introduce myself.

My name is Chris,I`m 46 and live in Lincolnshire in the UK.

I started playing Oblivion as soon as it came out..well thats a lie really,I tried to play Oblivion when it came out but due to pc limitations I had to use Oldblivion,so right from the start I was used to changing stuff in ini files and dropping stuff in and out of data folders etc.In all fairness my FX5900xt did a pretty good job and it was very playable and even looked nice,apart from the mirror water that is.(no ripples)

Since then and numerous upgrades I`m still playing and now enjoying an install of FCOM and numerous mods on very high quality and loving it,especially since in 100+ hours I`ve not had one single ctd or bsod.

thats about it really

Stoney.

100+ hours and no crash? Would you mind if we exchanged our systems? :smug:

Welcome to the Alliance, darkstone. Since you are mod user addict, you will definately find a lot here at TES Alliance. With the new upgrades, we now have mod reviews, interviews and mod downloads.

Have fun browsing through the forums. :wave:

Hi,just thought I`d introduce myself.

My name is Chris,I`m 46 and live in Lincolnshire in the UK.

I started playing Oblivion as soon as it came out..well thats a lie really,I tried to play Oblivion when it came out but due to pc limitations I had to use Oldblivion,so right from the start I was used to changing stuff in ini files and dropping stuff in and out of data folders etc.In all fairness my FX5900xt did a pretty good job and it was very playable and even looked nice,apart from the mirror water that is.(no ripples)

Since then and numerous upgrades I`m still playing and now enjoying an install of FCOM and numerous mods on very high quality and loving it,especially since in 100+ hours I`ve not had one single ctd or bsod.

thats about it really

Stoney.

yeah well...I have play oblivion since it was out for about 3 months ont he xbox 360!

Welcome to the Alliance, Stoney! Congratulations on the great rig you have for OB.

I myself have playtested 100+ hours with no crash. aa_biggrin.gif

But that's, you know, split into five minute or so playchunks of running around.

Yes. Playchunks. My new word.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

About the 100+ hours thing,I`m pretty impressed too.This is then first install that I`ve ever had that has`nt decided it wanted to ctd for no apparent reason.I`m not running a super specced pc either,just average.I am really cautious about mods though.When I find one I like I`ll read the readme,then read it again,then scour all the major forums for any information or problems,then I`ll try Google to see if that throws up anything else.A bit fanatical I know but how many times have we seen questions in forums about a mod that could be easily answered by digesting the readme or hitting "search" on a forum ?As mod interaction becomes more and more complex a little time doing some research can work wonders.

Oops went on a bit of a mini rant there aa_biggrin.gif

I`ll get my coat

Stoney

Thanks for the welcome guys.

About the 100+ hours thing,I`m pretty impressed too.This is then first install that I`ve ever had that has`nt decided it wanted to ctd for no apparent reason.I`m not running a super specced pc either,just average.I am really cautious about mods though.When I find one I like I`ll read the readme,then read it again,then scour all the major forums for any information or problems,then I`ll try Google to see if that throws up anything else.A bit fanatical I know but how many times have we seen questions in forums about a mod that could be easily answered by digesting the readme or hitting "search" on a forum ?As mod interaction becomes more and more complex a little time doing some research can work wonders.

Oops went on a bit of a mini rant there aa_biggrin.gif

I`ll get my coat

Stoney

Welcome, Stoney!

I too run a stable game, which is a minor miracle considering all of the alphas that I am running at any given time. Chalk it up to knowing how to manage my load order without a utility. Well, that and the alphas I test are by ladies and gents who know what they are doing. That sure helps. :lmao: