DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Bashed Patch for the shy

Section_31

Wrye or Wyre Bash...?

I'm using version 264. Anyway, I've been reading both Bash guide many times but can't figure it out. Where is the Merge Filtering located? The guide stated it is an advanced option, do I need to do something out of ordinary?

This is how I normally "configure" Bashed Patch:

1. Open Wyre Bash

2. Right-click on Bashed Patch, 0.esp

3. Click Rebuild Patch...

4. A new window named Update Bashed Patch, 0.esp should be opened

5. Tick the configurations or features that I want to activate or use.

6. Click OK button

7. Wait for Wyre Bash until it finished configuring the Bashed Patch.

Now, on step number 4, we should be able to see various components or features on the left side. Starting from the top it should be

• Alias Mod Names
  • Merge Patches
  • etc, etc... (there are many in between)
  • SEWorld Tests

But how come the Merge Filtering feature doesn't even exist on my WB. If we traced the guide, it should be located under Merge Patches, but it's not there in my case. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling different versions of WB to no avail. I have also examined through the Bash 'official' thread in Beth forum, but it seems nobody have similar problem. What do I miss? Is this a prank? Or perhaps some kind of crazy conspiracy involving thousands of Beth forum users led by Wyre himself?? :poke:

Even more spooky, it's not just Merge Filtering missing, Item Interchange Mode and several other supposedly "features" do not exist in the WB here. Yet, the ordinary folks (or should I say conspirators) chat casually as if there's nothing unusual. I do hope some folks here could enlighten me...

I'm using version 264. Anyway, I've been reading both Bash guide many times but can't figure it out. Where is the Merge Filtering located? The guide stated it is an advanced option, do I need to do something out of ordinary?

I humbly suggest upgrading to 268... humbly since I did all the new coding for 268 :wave:... adds a few new features.

But how come the Merge Filtering feature doesn't even exist on my WB. If we traced the guide, it should be located under Merge Patches, but it's not there in my case. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling different versions of WB to no avail. I have also examined through the Bash 'official' thread in Beth forum, but it seems nobody have similar problem. What do I miss? Is this a prank? Or perhaps some kind of crazy conspiracy involving thousands of Beth forum users led by Wyre himself?? :poke:

Even more spooky, it's not just Merge Filtering missing, Item Interchange Mode and several other supposedly "features" do not exist in the WB here. Yet, the ordinary folks (or should I say conspirators) chat casually as if there's nothing unusual. I do hope some folks here could enlighten me...

enlightenment shall fall from the heavens and strike you with knowledge:

Merge filtering is just mods that are BOTH mergeable and tagged with filter. You select them in merge patches (Item Interchange is a great example of this) and then WB silently filters out any references to mods you don't have active which are mastered to them.

Item Interchange Mode is under import inventory. IIM is just import inventory which ONLY imports inventory and NO OTHER changes are imported into the bashed patch (again II is a good example of a mod that uses this).

what other features can't you find?

Pacific Morrowind