DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Stackable Oblivion

Critterman

Name: Stackable Oblivion

Author: Critterman

Version: 1.0

Date: 8/7/2009

Category: Gameplay Changes

Requirements: Oblivion Patch 1.2.416, OBSE v1600

Download Link!

Download off TESA!

===============

Description:

===============

After playing Two Worlds I felt Oblivion lacked a certain aspect. If you had 20 of the same armor it did you no more good than the money you sold them for. But what if you could actually use those 19 other armor instead of selling the valuable metals? With this mod you can further improve all of your armor or weapons by stacking them together into one powerful weapon or armor!

===============

How to use this mod:

===============

1.When you are in your inventory menu, equip the armor you wish to stack

2. Then press your cast key (default "C") and a menu should pop up with all of your currently equipped objects. (if no menu pops up then you do not have OBSE installed).

3. Select the equipment you wish to stack. If you have two of the exact same gear then it will automatically merge the two together for you.

4. If for some reason they are different but have the same name (items added by two different mods, enchanted weapons, or items you have previously used stack on.), then a message will tell you to equip the second item to merge with the first.

5. Clicking a weapon/armor that has a different name as the first will fail. Also clicking the same item you had equipped to begin with will also fail (if you do this, then exit your inventory and re-enter to get rid of the message). You MUST click another item that has the EXACT name as the item you had equipped to begin with.

6. There will be a slight delay as the two items stack. Once the stacking has finished you will now have a single piece of gear that will have a higher AR rating/damage (exactly 1.2 times better). (NOTE: If you merge two low level items, like items with 1 point of AR/Damage, then you will not notice a change in the values. The next time you stack with that item, however, you will notice a change.

7. The newly stacked armor will automatically equip for you, and your ready to do some monster smashing!

===============

Install:

===============

1. Extract the files from the archive.

2. Copy files to (install folder)\Oblivion\Data\

3. Start Oblivion Launcher, click 'Data Files', place a checkmark beside the .esp file.

===============

Un-Install:

===============

1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file.

2. Delete the files associated with the mod.

===============

Compatibility:

===============

This mod may behave odly if you have two items that are the same name but are two different weapons/armor.

===============

Bugs/Issues:

===============

There are none as of now, but if you find one please report the bug to me. (see contact)

===============

History:

===============

1.0 - 8/7/2009 - Initial Release

===============

===============

You can contact me usually via PM or on my release thread on the Bethesda Forums.

===============

Credits:

===============

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.

Thanks to InsanitySorrow for the Oblivion tool kit used to generate this readme.

Thanks to Reality Pump for the idea of stacking items.

===============

Tools Used:

===============

TES Construction Set

Oblivion Tool Kit

===============

License/Legal:

===============

This file is provided as is and the author holds no responsiblity for anything that may come to happen from using this file.

Whoa Critter! This is an AWESOME idea!! :hugs: I notice a certain site you could be hosting this on in addition to Nexus though. Ahem. :poke: LOL Sorry. Had to.

Brilliant mod! I'm going to enjoy fiddling with this!

Edit! Woot! Your download is approved and ready to go and oh yes,...just downloaded it myself. :rofl:

Hmm..Only issue I see is like Getting another Iron blade after you are a certain level. But I guess you can buy it. Ok. just to ask.

Lets say Iron blade is 2..and you stack it with another. So the next one will be 4.5?

What if you get another iron blade and put it ontop of that 4.5?

Ok I lied... for items that are under 5 AR or damage the conversion is 1.5. So with a blade of 2 you would get 3 and then 4 then 6 but then after that it is multiplied by 1.2 making it 7.

Oblivion does not round integers at all so even if you had 5.99 after multiplying you would still have a 5 damage dagger.

Ok I lied... for items that are under 5 AR or damage the conversion is 1.5. So with a blade of 2 you would get 3 and then 4 then 6 but then after that it is multiplied by 1.2 making it 7.

Oblivion does not round integers at all so even if you had 5.99 after multiplying you would still have a 5 damage dagger.

Ahhh so its effected by the item added? Very good idea. Now I need to be motivated to down load this

He mentioned in the Beth thread that he didn't cap it thinking people would hate him if he did. :rofl:

:hugs: Something I would never think of! I've been known to add stupidly unbalanced options for users, but the default configuration is my baby, will conform to my balance standards, and those who don't like it can go... cultivate intimate self-awareness. aa_tongue.gif

But since people might like it I can add it (hmm... and an menu option to change the limit)

Configuration, now there's my forte! aa_biggrin.gif I'd recommend two config options: base maximum (can be 0 or a positive number, negative numbers mean no cap) and a divisor on Armorer to allow bonus stacks (zero or less = disable). So for instance:

Default configuration -

MaxStacks : -1

ArmorerBonusPer : 0

Flat 10-stack maximum -

MaxStacks : 10

Base of 5 stacks, plus 1 per 10 Armorer -

MaxStacks : 5

ArmorerBonusPer : 10

How I'd probably configure it -

MaxStacks : 0

ArmorerBonusPer : 25

This mod mod looks great! lol i love the thought of godly fur armor, I'm going to have to try that out just for the heck of it.

I like the idea of customizing the amount of times the armor can be improved, and i think tejons Ideas on how to make it customizable sound great. If its possible i think adding a setting for how much your armor improves each time you stack it would be appreciated by some, even tho I don't think i would change it from what you have now.

:rofl: Something I would never think of! I've been known to add stupidly unbalanced options for users, but the default configuration is my baby, will conform to my balance standards, and those who don't like it can go... cultivate intimate self-awareness. aa_tongue.gif

Configuration, now there's my forte! aa_biggrin.gif I'd recommend two config options: base maximum (can be 0 or a positive number, negative numbers mean no cap) and a divisor on Armorer to allow bonus stacks (zero or less = disable). So for instance:

Default configuration -

MaxStacks : -1

Flat 10-stack maximum -

MaxStacks : 10

Base of 5 stacks, plus 1 per 10 Armorer -

MaxStacks : 5

ArmorerBonusPer : 10

How I'd probably configure it -

MaxStacks : 0

ArmorerBonusPer : 25

I like that idea, especially the armor bonus. Now I see this would work better if there was a ini config file. I guess I'll have to learn that too. *sigh* don't expect the next version very soon, putting a limit on the stacks is shaping up to be quite the challenge. :rofl:

Now I see this would work better if there was a ini config file. I guess I'll have to learn that too.

Ini files are dead simple, you just set up some variables in a quest script and use GetGameLoaded->RunBatchScript to assign them. Take a quick peek at nearly any of my mods for a crash course. The hardest part, when necessary, is synchronizing multiple scripts to make sure nothing happens until the initialization is processed.

putting a limit on the stacks is shaping up to be quite the challenge. :rofl:

You could construct a monstrosity of arrays and conditions, but I think the simplest solution here is to append the stack count to the modified item's name:

"Fur Bracer" + "Fur Bracer" = "Fur Bracer (2)"

Of course this should still be kept in an array and re-used if you need another Fur Bracer (2), but you don't need to manage any extra info.

Ini files are dead simple, you just set up some variables in a quest script and use GetGameLoaded->RunBatchScript to assign them. Take a quick peek at nearly any of my mods for a crash course. The hardest part, when necessary, is synchronizing multiple scripts to make sure nothing happens until the initialization is processed.

You could construct a monstrosity of arrays and conditions, but I think the simplest solution here is to append the stack count to the modified item's name:

"Fur Bracer" + "Fur Bracer" = "Fur Bracer (2)"

Of course this should still be kept in an array and re-used if you need another Fur Bracer (2), but you don't need to manage any extra info.

Of course! Change the name, that way I can keep track of what class it is without having some sort of database! And I was constructing a monstrosity of arrays and conditions, haha thanks for saving me hours of work...

And I will take a peak at your work to see how this will work :rofl:

I think this is a great idea! One suggestion, though, if I may: I think a possible (optional?) way of preventing one's armour from becoming too "über" might be to only make it repairable back to its original base level; so if you stack, say, three daedric cuirasses (cuiri?) together and then took a really serious pasting, the only way of getting back the protection of that stacked armour would be to find another two daedric cuirasses to "re-stack" it.

I suspect some people would hate that idea, but it would be quite a nice way of always having a use for those extra sets of armour you come across. Though I've no idea whether or not such a scheme would be at all practical to script...

I think this is a great idea! One suggestion, though, if I may: I think a possible (optional?) way of preventing one's armour from becoming too "über" might be to only make it repairable back to its original base level; so if you stack, say, three daedric cuirasses (cuiri?) together and then took a really serious pasting, the only way of getting back the protection of that stacked armour would be to find another two daedric cuirasses to "re-stack" it.

I suspect some people would hate that idea, but it would be quite a nice way of always having a use for those extra sets of armour you come across. Though I've no idea whether or not such a scheme would be at all practical to script...

He was thinking of adding a max number of times you can stack.

Or how about each time you stack the gain gets less?

like 1.5,1.4,1.3 and so on?

Oh yeah, I wasn't paying attention. That's how it worked in Two Worlds IIRC: when I first discovered I could do it, it was a case of "wow, this is awesome!" but by the time I was adding on the 10th example I found myself thinking "hmm, this is getting very expensive for not very much improvement". Which is actually a pretty good way of doing it.

Overall, I do love this idea; one of the perennial problems I've had is "I'm already carrying four million Septims; do I really need to lug yet another ebony cuirass around to flog for another 1,200 gold pieces?" and it's a great answer to all that.

I like the decreasing gain idea, didn't ever realize two worlds did it. I think I'll add that in, shouldn't be too much trouble.

I'm debating with myself whether I should add in the "need 25 in armorer" and "need a repair hammer, and it might break". They sound like good ideas, but I think I'll add them in as default and people can turn it off in the ini file if they wish.

And the repair thing you were mentioning, cbh, does sound like a nightmare to implement... so, I'll just stick with the limiting thing.

I like the decreasing gain idea, didn't ever realize two worlds did it. I think I'll add that in, shouldn't be too much trouble.

I'm debating with myself whether I should add in the "need 25 in armorer" and "need a repair hammer, and it might break". They sound like good ideas, but I think I'll add them in as default and people can turn it off in the ini file if they wish.

And the repair thing you were mentioning, cbh, does sound like a nightmare to implement... so, I'll just stick with the limiting thing.

Maybe having it level off at .5 after a wile. Each time you add a new item to it it only goes up by .5 of the new item. Would remove getting ubber items real fast.