DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

can`t export

donnato

Okay, in Blender, I`ve got a tex mapped to the mesh and am directed to "file>export>NetImerse/Gamebryo(.nif&.kf)" to force the .nif format and take it into NifSkope...but no "NetImerse...etc. I`ve got the .nif tools plugin but cant find a .nif import/export DL. Any ideas? I was going to post this over at the BlenderNoobies forums, but decided to start here first. If you think that would be better,I`ll do that, but I figure we`ve got plenty of savy here. Thanks folks. :hugs:

okay that should be easy to fix... I use blender all the time, using it right now infact :P

what version of blender? (248 or 249 would be the right choice... 248 is python 2.5, 249 is python 2.6 if you care). Install/repair so as to have the settings in the blender directory for best nif exportation... sometimes can't find it otherwise.

you will need python (2.6 or 2.5 depending on your blender version) if not installed install

then install PYFFI version 2.0.0, if using python 2.6 you will need to manually install by extracting the exe (7zip will work) to a folder then command prompt there and type in "*pythonpath*/python.exe setup.py -install" replacing the *pythonpath* with the path to your python istallation, and no quotes ofcourse, if using python 2.5 just use the exe.

then (finally) install the niftools nifscripts for blender (version 249 or 248 depending on your blender version)

and now FINALLY you should be ready to export; just restart blender if it is open and it should be there... if not post again.

Pacific Morrowind

okay that should be easy to fix... I use blender all the time, using it right now infact :D

what version of blender? (248 or 249 would be the right choice... 248 is python 2.5, 249 is python 2.6 if you care). Install/repair so as to have the settings in the blender directory for best nif exportation... sometimes can't find it otherwise.

you will need python (2.6 or 2.5 depending on your blender version) if not installed install

then install PYFFI version 2.0.0, if using python 2.6 you will need to manually install by extracting the exe (7zip will work) to a folder then command prompt there and type in "*pythonpath*/python.exe setup.py -install" replacing the *pythonpath* with the path to your python istallation, and no quotes ofcourse, if using python 2.5 just use the exe.

then (finally) install the niftools nifscripts for blender (version 249 or 248 depending on your blender version)

and now FINALLY you should be ready to export; just restart blender if it is open and it should be there... if not post again.

Pacific Morrowind

Thank you PacificMorrowind, I`m using Blender 2.4.8, Niftools and Nifscripts are installed and evident in the file lists. Still no dice. Let me go over the class notes again. Maybe I missed something there. Is there maybe a settings button I need to activate, or deactivate? :P

that install *should* just work... there isn't any special things you should have to do however since it obviously isn't working you could try:

reinstall blender (with setting in application dir rather than user app data dir)

reinstall pyffi

reinstall nifscripts

restart computer

test again... and really hope it works :P

Pacific Morrowind

in that folder and then in .blender/scripts/ do you have nif_export.py and nif_import.py? if not run your blender_nif_scripts*.exe (can't make out the full name of your file there) and let it install according to default if it correctly detects your blender install and if not make it install to D:/blender248/

edit I don't know for certain that nifscripts will work with python 3.1 (v249 will work with 2.6, that's what I use), so if it still won't work try installing python 2.5 (seeing as you have blender 248)

Pacific Morrowind

:wallbash: Okay, I followed some other advice and now can get the Netimerse/Gamebryo option in the export selection under file. When I click on it I get an error box with a file path error and a direction to "check console". I do and find on the last, most recent line...raise SAXReaderNotAvailable <"No parsers found:, None>, beneath that, not indented is...xml.sax._exceptions.SaxReaderNotAvailable:No parsers found. In Blender, in the file path boxes I can scroll to all this info,and, there are small orange boxes in front of the entries so I know Blender knows they`re there. I`m totally stumped, this has to be something simple, but there`s nothing I can do till this gets resolved. Thanks guys, I know someone probably will see something I`ve missed.