DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Relz] Heron Katana

StarX

StarX Heron Katana

I had this (among many other things) laying around on my hardrive. So I thought it would be nice to share. Hope you like it!

DOWNLOAD AT TESALLIANCE

Name: StarX Heron Katana

Version: 1.0

Date: 15 august 2009

Category: Weapons

Created by: StarX

Source: http://www.tesalliance.org/

Description:

============

Adds a new katana and dai-katana that can be purchased from Thoronir at The Copious Coinpurse. I've made my first version of this retexture for my Heron Mark Swords mod a few years ago. Later on I removed the Heron Mark sign and updated the textures.

Installation:

=============

Extract the files into a save location. Copy and paste the meshes- and textures folder and STX Heron Katana.esp into your Oblivion Data folder. Activate the esp either by going to Data Files,or by using Oblivion Mod Manager or Wrye Bash.

Issues:

=======

None. Should be compatible with everything.

Credits:

========

Trollf - from who I used the dai-katana with scabard

StarX - textures

Legal/usage:

============

This is a modders resource, so feel free to use these weapons in your mod project, as long as the credits mentioned above are added to your readme. It would also be nice to let me know when the weapons are being used.

=======

Special thanks to Mrs.StarX for putting up with my crazy modding efforts.

HeronKatanaDisplay.jpg

Looks really good. I have to work out some crashing issues before I can load up on DLC though. I seem to remember reading a high fantasy series of books where in the hero carried a Heron mark sword that was awarded only to the highest sword masters in the land, but I can`t remember the name or author. Nice work though. I`ll have to come back for these later, definately. :hugs:

Ah it's beautiful!! :wub: Wonderfully crafted Katana Starx!

Wow looks really nice :hugs:

Thanks!

Looks really good. I have to work out some crashing issues before I can load up on DLC though. I seem to remember reading a high fantasy series of books where in the hero carried a Heron mark sword that was awarded only to the highest sword masters in the land, but I can`t remember the name or author. Nice work though. I`ll have to come back for these later, definately. :poke:

That would be Robert Jordan: The Wheel of Time. In my original mod that's still somehere at TESNexus all blades required the wielder to be a master at blade, or the swords just unequiped!

Thanks!

That would be Robert Jordan: The Wheel of Time. In my original mod that's still somehere at TESNexus all blades required the wielder to be a master at blade, or the swords just unequiped!

That`s it! I ate through that series too fast. One of my favorites though.

Thanks!

Oh yeah I loved that series, got too boring after like the fourth book though.

That's a really nice looking sword StarX thumbup.gif Wish I could model like that (or at all laugh.gif)

Oh yeah I loved that series, got too boring after like the fourth book though.

That's a really nice looking sword StarX thumbup.gif Wish I could model like that (or at all laugh.gif )

I can barely model a sphere! (Hm, well, I did make some stuff in 3dmax more than 10 years ago, but still...) This is a retex of the ingame katana's! :rofl:

I have several retexes here and there and some armor combo's like I made for the Vampires of House Serentin. Many haven't even been tested ingame!

I seem to remember a few calls for testers here and there. I bet some of the bros and sis`s would jump on it.

You should release some more, some really good stuff you make :rofl:

I'll browse through my rather large "StarX Modding" folder to see if I can find some other stuff. It'll be hosted only on TESAlliance, so the peeps here are the first to use them as a resource.

I seem to remember a few calls for testers here and there. I bet some of the bros and sis`s would jump on it.

You mean for the vampire mod? Well, that's still a long way from finished. I get sidetracked by other things (moddingwise and RL) rather easy. XD

Oh jeese aa_blush.gif it looked so different I thought it was a new model laugh.gif that is still a really good retexture

No problem, I took that as a compliment. And yeah, textures can sometimes have an even more refreshing effect than a brand new mesh. I can spend several hours on just finding new and unique textures to use. After that the texture goes through a long Photoshop proces to finetune it till I'm fully satisfied. But I find it quite relaxing!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently preparing a pretty large package of armor, robes and weapons. So expect a nice WIP thread soon. I don't really feel like working on my vampire mod currently, so maybe the package will feature some goodies from that as well.

Stay tuned!

Cheers!