DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

What happend in Oblivion today?

Glaedr

Actually, today was kinda fun!

So I hopped on my board to test out some animations that I've been working on with the board, and also testing out the traps at high speed impact. The traps worked fine, but the animations didint go so well. a few of them worked 'perfectly', but most of them half worked. Then there was this other animation I set in that made that just failed, but it managed to kill everyone in the chapel half of bravil. Weird day.

Mannyx wandered around Leyawiin and found Nocturnal's shrine on the yellow road near Fisherman's Rock. He crossed the river to Waters Edge, got disoriented and ended back where he started a half an hour later, at Fort Redman. Nothing was working for him, so he decided to go home.

• 4 months later...

Today in Oblivion, Pell's Gate became a ghost town...

Well, maybe I better back up a little, to where my Level 21 Dark Elf (Ronin) decides to take his new girlfriend (Katriana from HOD) along on an easy quest-- show her the sights around Imperial City, maybe show off a bit, that kind of thing. And even though he's got almost 300 hours ingame, Ronin's never done the Waterworks quest from Let the People Drink... So he takes a shortcut, and the two of them trot across the waterworks bridge to Drothan's house--such a lovely view at sunset--and that was where the trouble all started.

At first it wasn't so bad (although if you know what a Vatte-lys is, you know it was bad enough!) They're Vacuity's mean little wisp-like MMM pretties that you can't see till they suck the life out of you--and we met up with two of them on the wooden bridge outside the house ... followed by two Efrits and one Hill Giant, all in a row. Tough going for a bit, but so far, so good, right? Ha. After dusting himself off, Ronin steps through the door of Drothan's house... and comes face to face with two Lesser Balrogs. Inside. Beating the crap out of Drothan. I can only guess that they came up from the Amazon cave below.

Now I've taken on Lessers before with other characters of similar level--not saying it's not a fight, especially right up front with a sword, but they do go down. But having to take on two of them in such a small space doesn't usually bode well; and because of his birthsign, Ronin's got a serious frailty with regard to magick, and particularly fire. And so he did what any seasoned FCOM adventurer would do under those circumstances--he turned right around and got the hell outta Dodge. Of course, he was only trying to lure them away from Katriana... :)

With the two Balrogs breathing fire down his neck, he ran, mentally adding up how many souls he could count on for help... there's usually a Tamriel Traveler at the corner there, and always three or four folk standing around Pells Gate yakking ... and then there's that fort over there just crawling with bad guys--wonder if they might volunteer to provide a little cannon fodder...

Chaos did ensue, but in truth, the plan didn't work so well after that--mostly because unbeknownst to anyone, amongst the Black Bow bad guys was a Frans boss, and those dudes are like heat-seeking missiles ... they don't care about no stinkin' balrogs, they want your blood. And by that time Ronin had pretty much had enough of the running thing, had found out that Balrogs can see you even if you're invisible, and why the hell is there never a cop around when you need one, anyways? He took advantage of a split second when their attention was on somebody else, and tucked into the Inn to take a quick nip of Strong Healing Potion ... and to pull his trusty old Runeskull-enchanted katana of Corruption out of his backpack. Yep, the very same sword I made him put away--quite some time ago--when I thought it was making the game too easy. This time, I don't think he would've survived without it... because even after running over all those folks, there was barely a dent in those Balrogs ... and the Frans guy leading the pack was still looking pretty spry too. But now with his familiar quick, razor sharp sword, it was finally time for little Ronin to dance...

When the battle was finally ended, we'd lost one Traveller (yes, he dropped good loot!), and I've no idea where the rest of the bodies are. All I know is there's just a Nord guy left in Pell's Gate, standing around talking to himself and waving at passers-by...

Katriana--well, she wasn't all that impressed. Separate rooms at the inn.

But by the Gods, the people can now Drink!!

Pell's Gate

(And btw, I'm going to let him keep his sword...)

But they were Balrogs, Kat...

• 1 month later...

Nottlong is slugging his way through the Imperial prison dungeon after reinstalling Oblivion,SI and FCOM. He is confident On all but MMM and knows that time will show him the errors of his ways(hopefully none). He truly misses his prized katana rage. vava.gif

Edited by nottlong

• 5 months later...

Today my wood elf ranger called Lilith went to set up camp before noticing one small problem "Holy cow! That's a black bear down there! I can't camp here!" being level 1 Lilith got very scared and ran off to find another suitable location which she did. She then went hunting and cleared out a mine full of tiny and giant goblins

My Goblin Kushluk got into a fight in the Elved Gardens when some Altmer scoffed at him, and now he's wanted by the legion because said Altmer... accidentaly... died... during the fight. So, he started his long journey to Elsweyr where he can hide until the heat is off

Headed to Riverhold, stayed at an abandoned shack overnight on the way (had to slit the throats of two sleeping bandits to do so) Followed the road from Riverhold to Orcrest and now he's staying there for a while. The people are a little more tolerant of the beast races and the skooma is readily available

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday my character and I trotted around much of Cyrodiil for rather unexciting testing purposes, which seems to be what I've mostly done in Oblivion for the past couple of years!

But what caught my eye was the weather. Well I am English. Anyway, it was doing its usual thing until the point where a haze came and went, and when it went it took the sky with it: looking up I saw the blazing sun in the middle of a sea of black. It was actually rather disturbing. I wondered if it was a clash between weather mods, Streamline and the recently added RedBag Fog but then it did its CTD thing and I realised it was just Oblivion being Oblivion. ;)

Anyway, fired it up again to continue testing and only left it when my character found herself pwned in the most ungainly manner by a vicious path which snuck up on her by going downhill. I felt a bit guilty for not reloading and leaving her in a cozy pub somewhere. Oh well, there's always later!

I hate mountain lions. Back when I used standard levelling they were my nemesis: the "teen" levels were the hardest of all.

Anyway, today my character chanted the sacred phrase "tcai" so she could enter Cursed Mine in safety and parade about in front of the Amazon types in her new purple flared trousers. You should've seen their expressions, they were sooo jealous! She then fled to Skingrad for fear of having her groovy new attire stolen.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh I gotta take a part in this :D

Today I well I went in and out of Ayleid dungeons that are around anvil well just one that wasn't guarded by those Sylvan rangers and I managed to sneak past some of them and when I finally got to some loot I only got a spiddal stick... :thumbup: . Got out unharmed and I went inside the Sinkhole cave, inside was dark and I used my night eye homemade potions , sneaked past a npc(he is named and hostile ) that slept on the sacrificial bed. As I went deeper I encounter a few little buggers ( mudcrabs, cats , rats,...) . I dug up some expensive amulet and a few other things in the coffins, went deeper and back because there were Nether Liches which are too powerful for me ( i'm level 4 :D ) and I decided to go back since I had no more night eye potions and its hard to get ingredients for them so I didn't want to venture deeper like a blinded fool who knows might have bumped into a zombie or a skeleton champ hehe ;)

Went back to Anvil and sold some stuff , bought ingredients and brewed some nice potions, after that traveled to Leyawiin via boat

Oblivion Enhanced Modular Plug-ins

Stayed in town for a day or so and brewed more potions then I've done a bit of marketing and went out again next day early in the morning. I ran a bit around Leyawiin's walls , followed a mud crab to see what he was chasing ( he was moving pretty quickly ) , then I climbed up a huge stone that had a good view from which I could see if there were any trolls nearby :) ... spotted a Skeleton Champ in front of the Amelion's Tomb after he pwned a small "billy" dreugh, fired a arrow at him and got him, he started running around ( he was extremely fast! ) So before hasting after him I waited for a while to see if he will come back, went across the river along a small rocky path that is in shallow water, after a few moments I saw him coming back but he didn't spot me yet so I fired another one hoping to finish him off, but he had a bit health left, right after he picked himself up again he started charging at me at full speed and before you know it he was right before me and he slashed away with his giganting shinning silver claymore and slashed away almost more than half of my health, I immediately look for a quick way out and started running back across the river, however he was quick he finished me off in a short moment :yes: ... you know the rest ( reloaded and bla bla bla ) I'll tell you more later