DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] The Oblivion Centaur Project

DaMage

Okay, this is a revival of one of my long standing WIPsnow that I knw what Im doing with animations and meshes, and i hope now I can get this working. The idea for a centaur race has been around for as long as oblivion modding, but of late (as in the last year or 2) has been dorment.

Authors:

Da Mage - Leaer and Main Builder

PacificMorrowind - Fixing and advice on Animation, PyFFI scripts

With Credit to:

amorilia - For helping PacificMorrowind make his PyFFI scripts

Koniption - Fixing my broekn Idle animation

From the offical forums a topic made by Hopalongtom on Feb 3rd 2007:

Last Thread [dead link]

One of the Hardest to implement races but to be groundbreaking in the Oblivion modding community!

I have restarted this project after a general concensus for merging the human and horse animationsinstead of copying the human animations (which was getting messy). The animations are way more realistic looking now, but it will force me to replace more of the game's animations, hence will make this uncompatiable with animation replacers until a patch is made.

Since PacificMorrowind has started learning python and creating some PyFFI scripts, I have been to make these animations alot faster then I used to, however due to the lack of certain horse animations (strafing etc) Ill have to custom make a few, which will take time.

Animations Completed:

Idle - Still slighty Broken

WalkForward

WalkRight - Cannot export from blender without collision sphere going bad

SneakIdle

So to some progress...which is what everyone wants to see:

Picture:

gallery_108_44_216695.jpg

Video of walking forward animation (yes I am aware that the horse part isnt rigged very well)

Horse colour is changable with a simple texture edit :bagged:

k, i did some major work on the horse rigging and is looking better now. Also did another animation...but it looks like ill need to replace all the animations as all the ones Ive seen so far adjust the legs and it screws up the entire body when that happens. - Scratch that, i found what i did wrong and fixed it, now only have to do the important leg movement animations.

I might have to look into it.

• 1 month later...

CAN´t wait, this looks awesome :)

This mod, I´ll have much fun with when it´s released :eyeroll: A little question, will it be a resource as well ?

yugi

if you mean like using the centaurs in other mods, yes.

just for people to know, im am going back to just using the human animations first, trying to get the horse ones there has been complete hell, and there are missing some vital animations that the player needs. It may look strange (an i know heaps of people will complain), but it will do for the first relase.

• 3 weeks later...

now that I have finished High school this project is alive again, and once again has taken another turn,

I am going back to merging the human and horse animations together instead of copying the human animations, but what does this mean for you?

1. There will be a no-moving sneak mode. You can enter sneak mode, (which will have a custom built animation), but cannot move around in sneak mode.

2. The animations will look nothing like what you have seen in the videos so far, the horse parts will move like a horse.

The fact sneaking is very limited means that your magic and fighting skills will be the focus, both of which are backed by lore:

Daggerfall Bestiary:

All that one can certainly say about Centaurs is that in battle there are few who are equal.

UESP - Unproven but Ill take it as fact.

The Centaur, half-man half-horse, is a very rarely seen creature in Tamriel and is rumored to be very intelligent.

Wow man, well done!

I'm about to continue with what I refer to as "Centaurs in Cyrodiil", where I had merged the clydesdale horse with human upper - fiddling with armatures at the moment. Saw this topic and was like "Awesome! Someone else bringing it to life." I see the ratio prob can't feasibly be resolved, which won't be an issue for my (unfortunately) non-playable creature centaurs. Small herds will be darting around, wild and untamed.. dangerous and prone to raiding some new dinky lil villages and other clippity clop shenannigans. Kudos to you for undertaking and getting well into it dude!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...