DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Wretched Wraith...

Skaera75b

Before I meddle, I wanted to dip my toe in.

I lost my save file recently. I don't mind- it's fun to redo everything. I kept my face, and my mod still works, so I'm good. It's helped me find a flaw in my Arena mod.

I've got M'raaj-Dar and Mathieu Bellamont as... corpses-in-waiting. I really like the topical death cries, like 'Why, Brother?' and 'Night Mother, save me!'. But this is attached to the script that adds them to the Dark Brotherhood- so, removing the faction Dark Brotherhood from them in the CS takes these nice remarks away, replaced with generic Mudcrab-related tedium. Of course, if I don't remove the faction, then I can't kill them yet, as I've not completed the Dark Brotherhood quest. This is a useful flaw to have found, I think.

So is there a way to return their relevant deathsquawks without being removed from the Brotherhood? It'd be nice :unsure:

Thanks for reading, let me know if it's going to be beyond me?

@InsanitySorrow - The speech is specific to the dark brotherhood faction. And if you kill somebody from the Dark Brotherhood faction, its unlikely that you will be allowed in, as Skaera stated.

I really dont know much about dialog, which is probably what you need to work on. Make your own faction and add the speech to that faction that you want. You might try the Dialog classes. :unsure:

You could go find the dialogue you like (you can easily find all the brotherhood vernacular with the filtered dialogue and search dark brotherhood).

Then you can select those dialogue entries and add an "OR" condition to each of them. Make it GetIsID, and then that NPC's ID as the target. Then with the CS you can remove that NPC from the faction but still have the NPC speak like a fully-fledged Dark Brotherhood assassin.

It should work, but I don't have the CS open atm to check for myself...