DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The proper methods to resize a creature?

Loony

Hello Again Everyone ^^

I've got another question for you, if I scale up a creature and load the game, not every part of the creature becomes hit-able. Some parts the arrows/sword just goes right through. I figured that the physics mesh is probably not resizing so whenever i hit the old normal size physics mesh the creature takes damage (could be wrong?) I'm wondering what is the proper way to resize a creature?

Right now im just adjusting the scale value in the editor

thanks in advance smile.gif

anything for scale of .8 - 1.2 should be fine in the cs, beyond that you'll have to edit the skeleton.nif (make edit and then save as new skeleton - ie skeleton_big/small/mondo/micro.nif) in the meshes/creatures/creaturename* folder. I believe you have to edit node #2 - the BBX node to change the bounds.

*assuming a vanilla creature

Pacific Morrowind

Hello Again,

I checked out the skeleton nif specifically the BBX block, I did not get how Im supposed to edit that?

-BSBound

--Name

--Next Extra Data

--Center

--Dimensions

I multiplied the values in center and dimensions by the scale factor I want the creature to be increased and called the skeleton skeleton_7X.nif, i applied a creature to the new skeleton and I loaded up the game. At scale 1.0 the creature's mesh is the same as before (the small 1.0 version) but the bounding box did scale as if he were scaled up, when I tried to scale the creature to 8.0 in CS and loaded the game the creature was hopping all over the place and the game was getting stuck a lot.

What exactly did I do wrong?

sorry for the long delay in replying.

you did nothing wrong... I just didn't mention some stuff you need to do as well. for all the nifs you want to use make a _*x.nif version of them - ie for a wolf that would be (IIRC) the head.nif and wolf.nif... just right click the ninode zero on each applicable nif and hit translation and then edit scale to *.

Pacific Morrowind

I gave that a try, it worked well for the attachment nifs (everything besides the main nif) but the body does not resize. For example i load the wolf head and body, edit the 0 node and scale to # then accept. then i save as _#X.nif and that works fine when I load it but when I do it to the body the body stays the same size. Is there a particular method for rescaling the main bodies in nifscope or am i missing something?

I've never done this so all of these instructions are based on my experience with other stuff... if this doesn't make it work I'll give it a look myself to figure out the exact instructions.

posibility 1: for the main body try scaling the first bone node (ie the first ninode after sceneroot) of the skeleton_#X.nif

Posibility 2: scale (and reposition) each nitristrip/shape of the body nif.

Pacific Morrowind