DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Halloween Challenge 2009: The Oubliette

DarkRider

Hey all, i have recently been asking DR a few questions that i thought might be important for everyone to be clear on. So anyway, here is a kind of a mini-FAQ :)

-snip-

Thanks BC! :clap:

Should be noted however, these are just suggestions, not required, if your cell has absolutely no distinct tie in to the prison theme of the central corridor that's fine too. The back story I've developed for The Oubliette explains away the madness found within, so build your scare in your own vision. The only required tie in is the RF door entry to each level as outlined in the OP. :dizzy:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up with a question the other night...

is it okay to removeallitems / hidequestitems on the player for your level of the dungeon, and then give them back at the end?

or should we aviod doing that?

EDIT: Also, do we need to give the entrance/exit doors a specific reference name?

For category, I made up my own folder names. They do not match the vanilla folder.

QUESTION for Rider.

1. I imagine we will need to let you know where the entrance door is as well as the exit door. How should we do that?

2. Testing the mod. If I am done early, can I turn it in to you so you can test it? Will you give us feedback so we can 'fix' any blatent errors? Or are we on our own?

3. Is there a reason for making the 'sounds' folder totally different from the Meshes and Textures folder?

TheOubliette\(category)\(sound file)

vs

TESA\Halloween01\(category)\(sound file)

It might be easiest to give your door Ref IDs like "WillieSeaEnterDoor" "WillieSeaExitDoor" or something, if you already use particular ref IDs for some scripting purpose you can just include a .txt file with your entry that lets me know which is which.

If you are finished, you can submit your entry early. You should test your mods yourselves first, but I will test them once and report any glaring fixes before merging them into the Oubliette. :pints:

The sounds folder is different because that's how my sound folder was set up by default and since I'm merging them together I went with what my folder setup is. For release the assets for the mod will be in a BSA file so the minor discrepancy should be okay.

There are a few hiccups with this whole process since it was sort of a last minute idea (only a month to release) and our first modding competition, so future contests will have fewer questions. :poke:

Okay, guess I have to re-do my sounds folder. Not big problem. :drool:

The first competition is giving us (you) a good idea of what it takes. Great job Rider! :pints: This is certainly a fun competition. Having a blast putting my cells together and not having to worry about a 'story' to go with it. :poke:

Yes Will, any icons would go in that directory, I hadn't considered folks might add icons so I'll add that to the OP thanks!

It is a great competition, I already have one planned for next year that will be similar in that everyone will only need to do an interior, but I won't spoil it yet! :pints:

Hey, DarkRider. Question: Once we're done building our cells, how should we upload this to the exchange? Not like "How do we upload to the exchange", but how can we upload our "super secret" cells, which we worked very hard to keep secret, when the exchange is open to the public? :lmao: Are you going to temporarily shutdown the exchange until the competition is over or do you have some ingenious way of making sure nobody takes peaks at other players' cells?

Or are we allowed to look at other people's cells once their uploaded? :yes:

You should attach your files in a PM here and send to me using the attachment feature. You could also upload them to your favorite fileshare site if you use one and PM me the link. :yes:

No part of the Oubliette will be made public even to other contestants until the final mod is put together and released on the 31st your secrets are safe! :lmao:

Go into your PM box and choose "Compose New" there should be a slot under the message form and a button that says "Browse" you search for your file there then click "Attach File". Wait until it's attached and then send the PM as usual. Here's an image, let me know if your PM box doesn't have that feature. :lmao: