DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Shadow Of The Ayleidoon (working title)

The Vyper

Shadow Of The Ayleidoon.

Background Story:

Many years ago, a group of mages (Conjurers, Necromancers and Battlemages) formed an alliance of sorts. Their goal: learn the forgotten secrets of Ayleid magic. For the last several months, their numbers have been increasing. Strange new types of skeleton warriors have been seen in their company. The Council of Mages decided to send a battlemage to infiltrate their ranks. He finally put a name to this new, potential enemy: they refer to themselves as Warlocks. His reports became increasingly diturbing: Ayleid weapons caches, powerful enchanted weapons, powerful potions, spells that could summon multiple creatures at once, armies of undead and Daedra, and something called the Adonai Karan. His last report indicated that he was on to something big. He has not been heard from since. Can you finish the job that he began before the Shadow of the Ayleidoon falls?

Description:

Basically, this is a dungeon crawl mod. There will be at least five new Ayleid Ruins to explore. Things will be added to some of the Vanilla ruins too. Through the course of this mod, you will aquire a number of enchanted items: a sword called the Haelia Naga (or Terrible Death), a bow called the Varla Molag (or Star Fire) and a full set of armor called the Adonai Karan (or Lordly Armor). Each of these items is leveled, but somewhere in Cyrodiil (or is it?) there is an Ayleid chamber that contains the Altar of Empowerment. With this Altar, you can upgrade the armor and weapons as you level up. The final dungeon you go through is an Ayleid stronghold called Haelia Cey. It is the largest Ayleid ruin ever discovered. It has twenty levels. Yes, you read that right. Twenty levels. It's so big, it has its own teleport network: a central hub that connects to each level. So, why not teleport straight to level 20 from level one? You can't. The portals that access the hub are hidden behind moving walls, so you will have to fight (or sneak) your way through each level. There will also be two new types of Welkynd Stones: Red and Purple. The red stones will completely restore your health (the way blue ones restore magicka) and the purple stones will restore bothe health and magicka. Because of their power, the purple stones wil be very rare. I also have some additional ideas for the stones, but I don't want to give any details just yet, as it may not even be possible to do what I want.

Progress:

Dungeons: 60% complete

Enemies: 95% complete (Having a little trouble getting the Bosses just right. :D Yes, I said Bosses. Plural. ohmy.gif )

Weapons: Done

Armor: Done

Spells: 85% complete

Tell me what you think. And please, post any ideas you have that could make this better.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You asked for them and here they are! First, the new Skeletons.

Each type comes in Skeleton, Skelton Guardian, Skeleton Hero and Skeleton Champion varieties.

Fire Skeleton

gallery_775_71_15762.jpg

Frost Skeleton

gallery_775_71_57774.jpg

Storm Skeleton (not my best screenshot. sorry)

gallery_775_71_6423.jpg

The Revenant

gallery_775_71_64425.jpg

Next is a partial pic of the teleport hub inside Haelia Cey. It's called Garlas Tarnabyeis or the Cavern of Passages.

The number of glowing stones hovering above the square portals lets you know what level it links to.

gallery_775_71_42523.jpg

Here is one of the battles you're in store for. And it's a doozy.

gallery_775_71_63078.jpg

Here is a birds eye view of another.

gallery_775_71_33939.jpg

I refer to these as Spell Turrets. Watch out for them, they're all over the place. One level of Haelia Cey has 60 of them. ohmy.gif

gallery_775_71_5098.jpg

One more thing: Don't rely too heavily on the Local map in game. There are things it won't show you. Here is a top view of a section of one level of Haelia Cey.

gallery_775_71_5483.jpg

Now here is the same section from the side. This is just one of the things the Local map won't show you.

gallery_775_71_22771.jpg

Another thing it won't show you is the "doors" that link those levels together. Those "doors" will be hard to find too, because they don't look like doors. More screens to come.

As promised, more screens! :D These are some of the bosses:

Skeleton Firelord

gallery_775_71_2945.jpg

Skeleton Frostlord

gallery_775_71_37326.jpg

Skeleton Stormlord

gallery_775_71_8994.jpg

Revenant Lord

gallery_775_71_28010.jpg

Warlock Lord. These guys are dangerous.

gallery_775_71_28396.jpg

Here is the result of a single Warlock Lord Summon spell. As you can see, it's not something to take lighlty.

gallery_775_71_28357.jpg

Here is a shot of the full Adonai Karan set with the Haelia Naga drawn and ready:

gallery_775_71_68873.jpg

Here is a shot of the Varla Molag bow with a Welkynd Arrow at the ready:

gallery_775_71_13844.jpg

So, is anybody drooling yet? biggrin.gif

Just a question, will there be ingame books/info scrool, to strengthen the story ??

Yugi

Yes, there will be in game books and scrolls. :) In fact, the quest itself starts when the journal of the undercover battlemage appears in your inventory. He has also left scrolls in various places to aid any fellow Guild member who follows in his tracks. There will also be scrolls that grant spells (under certain conditions). :D

Yes, there will be in game books and scrolls. :book: In fact, the quest itself starts when the journal of the undercover battlemage appears in your inventory. He has also left scrolls in various places to aid any fellow Guild member who follows in his tracks. There will also be scrolls that grant spells (under certain conditions). :D

:thumbup: can´t wait :D

yugi

sounds dangerous :D

Yugi

They are. :P Some of them fire once every 3 to 8 seconds while others fire 6 shots in three seconds. :P Some look dormant, but will fire at you when you pass through a trigger zone. :shock: Some just glow. :nuke:

:P and did you find out if you could do the atronachs i told you??

(lookin fine your mod)

The Stone Atronach may be possible for me to do, but the others are beyond my current abilities. Right now, I'm working on a Greater Flame Atronach, Lesser Frost Atronach and Greater & Lesser Storm Atronachs.

Atronachs?, What ones did he mention to you?, Always nice to see more :D

We talked about Blade, Blood, Wind, and Stone Atronachs. I've even thought about using the Storm Atronach as the base for a Welkynd Atronach. But these things are beyond my current abilities as a modder. :P I'd like to learn how to make new creatures :shock: , but between work, work (I have 2 jobs :P ), being an Uncle (which is AWESOME :P ) and working on the rest of this mod, I just don't have a lot of time on my hands. :nuke:

Quantum over quaility ? :P just kidding :lmao:

Yugi

Quantity over qaulity? :D NEVER! :P That rarely ever ends well. :lmao:

We talked about Blade, Blood, Wind, and Stone Atronachs. I've even thought about using the Storm Atronach as the base for a Welkynd Atronach. But these things are beyond my current abilities as a modder. :thumbup: I'd like to learn how to make new creatures :D , but between work, work (I have 2 jobs :shock: ), being an Uncle (which is AWESOME :rofl: ) and working on the rest of this mod, I just don't have a lot of time on my hands. :P

Quantity over qaulity? :scary: NEVER! :P That rarely ever ends well. :lmao:

That's funny, cause I've made a Welkynd Atronach for one of my mods that never got released.

If you're interested:

WelkyndAtronachImage.jpg

The only problem with it is that it is too shiny, since I used a frost atronach as a base:

oblivion-20080702-123140.png

It's probably an easy fix in nifskope, I'm just not familiar enough with it to know.

And if you really want it I could make a cool glow map to make the blue parts glow, I learned how to do that here not long ago :D .

Also, I wouldn't mind making creature retextures for this mod. You've done some fantastic work on this mod so far. And I love retexturing, and I often help out with other peoples mods, so if you want I could make some retextures of some creatures so you'll have your own custom creatures (well sort of, they still use the same model, but whatever).

Oh and by the way, I'm an uncle too! I became an uncle when I was 14 laugh.gif , that was kinda weird, but it is awesome indeed :D

The only problem with it is that it is too shiny, since I used a frost atronach as a base:

It's probably an easy fix in nifskope, I'm just not familiar enough with it to know.

To turn down the shine effect, make the alpha channel in the normal map a shade of grey. Problably best start with a darker grey from the looks of that screen :thumbup:

That's funny, cause I've made a Welkynd Atronach for one of my mods that never got released.

If you're interested:

WelkyndAtronachImage.jpg

oblivion-20080702-123140.png

:rofl: That looks awesome! :thumbup: I'd love to use that.

And if you really want it I could make a cool glow map to make the blue parts glow, I learned how to do that here not long ago :scary: .

:D That would be very cool.

Also, I wouldn't mind making creature retextures for this mod. You've done some fantastic work on this mod so far. And I love retexturing, and I often help out with other peoples mods, so if you want I could make some retextures of some creatures so you'll have your own custom creatures (well sort of, they still use the same model, but whatever).

Thanks! unworthy.gif I had an idea to make Lesser and Greater Welkynd Atronachs as well. The Lesser ones would use the Flame Atronach mesh with the flames replaced by a Welkynd texture and the armor would use the rusty iron-like texture you see on Welkynd Stone holders. The Greater Atronachs would use the Storm Atronach mesh, with the rock textures replaced by red, blue and purple Welkynd Textures (maybe with some white Welkynd Stone textures thrown in there too).

Oh and by the way, I'm an uncle too! I became an uncle when I was 14 laugh.gif , that was kinda weird, but it is awesome indeed :shock:

Congrats, that's awesome (is it just me, or do I use that word a lot?). I have a LOT of fun playing uncle. :P

:lmao: well i just had the atronach ideas never said they where possible

All ideas are impossible until someone makes them possible.:D