DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Shadow Of The Ayleidoon (working title)

The Vyper

I can see #2 being done two ways. The hard way is to make a separate armors with separate chameleon enchantments ranging from 5-75%. Then add a certain one to the player based on their sneak skill. It's hard because you might have to make a lot of armors and enchantments and there will be a bit of tedious scripting.

The easy way is to use OBSE setNthEffectItemMagnitude and modify the chameleon enchantment on only one armor depending on the player's sneak skill. It might be a little difficult to script, but in the end it is less tedious than the other way.

I'm testing a script applied directly to some armor in one of my test .ESPs. It does work, but has a few glitches that should be fixable with additional "If" statements. I should get another chance to test this in a day or two. I've been insanely busy the last couple of weeks. :dizzy:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I haven't updated this all year! But don't worry, it's not dead. I've been testing and tweaking a few things. I finished the stealth component mentioned in this post. I released a separate mod based on it: Vyper's Stealth Armors. I'm thinking about releasing a separate mod for the Taulmaril-type bow as well. I've also begun updating the dungeons using the Clean Ayleid Ruins Independent Version mod by Ceano and AxlRocks. Let me know what you think.

In the meantime, more screens :blush: :

Blue Lighting

hcbluelighting.jpg

Red Lighting

hcredlighting.jpg

Dual Lighting

hcduallighting.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a screenie from another dangerous room:

gallery_775_71_94488.jpg

The spell turrets in the corners are set off by entering the center of the room. Easy to avoid? Not really. There are 4 enemies in the room and it won't be easy to fight them and avoid the center of the room. But, if you're fast enough and can position yourself right, you can get those turrets to take out the enemies instead of you.

Here's some screens from a level in progress:

Something you see from a distance.

gallery_775_71_91096.jpg

What happens when you get a little closer.

gallery_775_71_31957.jpg

Yep, three spell turrets firing at once. The one in the middle doesn't fire as often as the other two, but you still won't enjoy getting hit.

Then there's some hallways that look like this:

gallery_775_71_12338.jpg

:shock: That's not going to be easy to get through.

Here is a composite map of one of the other levels:

gallery_775_71_1482946.jpg

And that doesn't show every area. There are also quite a few traps on that level: 21 swinging blade traps (with three blades each), 10 spike pits, 4 ceiling smashers, 1 channel spike, 3 spell turrets and a few Varla Stone traps I came up with. Basically, the Varla Stone traps look like normal Varla Stones, but they cast spells on you when you try to pick them up. :thumbup: There is a way to tell a safe Varla Stone from a trap, but you'll have to learn that through experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Meo300 @ TESNexus, I've updated the look of the Skeletons:

gallery_775_71_126010.jpg

And I've made Ayleid versions of each, made possible by a new Skeleton.nif privided by NateNeurotic.

Fire Warrior and Fire Scout:

gallery_775_71_526857.jpg

Frost Warrior and Frost Scout:

gallery_775_71_442244.jpg

Storm Warrior and Storm Scout (I still need to tweak the "eyes" a bit):

gallery_775_71_405304.jpg

Revenant Warrior and Revenant Scout:

gallery_775_71_105988.jpg

So, what do you think?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, to say I'm having a bad day today would be a severe understatement. My trusty desktop got attacked by another virus that McAfee just let right through. Every file on it was either corrupted or erased. The result? Shadow Of The Ayleidoon is gone. My backups? Gone. Everything I've worked on for about a year? Gone. Right now, I just don't have the heart to start from scratch. So, for the time being, SOTA is dead. To all those who were looking forward to the release, I'm sorry.