DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Past Lesson #2 Homework Submissions

darkstone

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome Back, Student! "'

So... sorry it took meh forever, lost my original, found it, then got wrapped up in a bunch of other things. :) But yay finally finished, I'm pretty happy about how it turned out. ;)

Dunno how to use these weird tags sooooo gallery continues at http://picasaweb.google.com/night.lithium/Lesson2?authkey=Gv1sRgCO2N-deGwaj00AE&feat=directlink

It's currently just CS screenies, but I'll add In game Shots in juuuuust a few minutes. thx ice.gif

Nice start night, there are a couple rough spots. Your books are too many (will cause lag) and too close together so once the game's havoc is added to the scene they will explode off the shelves. Space them out more and add some other misc items to the selves to fill up space and reduce the number of books. ;)

Also your pathgrids are WAY too many, common mistake first time through. If you have 3 nodes A-B-C you don't need to link A and C because they are already linked through B. Make sense? Take a look at some of the pathing examples posted in this thread and reduce the number of yellow path connections. :)

Repost images of your bookshelf and your pathing once you've sorted them out. Nice to see you back in class :)

Aw, I was so proud of my ridiculously excessive pathgrid too. Anyways, new pics are up :wave: pathgrid and bookshelf both adjusted. :wave:

http://picasaweb.google.com/night.lithium/Lesson2?authkey=Gv1sRgCO2N-deGwaj00AE&feat=directlink

Less than 30% the number of books there was before (in da house) and paths as well. Also added more misc items, but I prefer to decorate mostly in-game, since I want to feel like I earned the stuff I put on my shelves. <>

ScreenShot15.jpg

I tried to supply with food you'd find on a farm, also considered adding mutton but the meat looked to raw to put in front of somebody eating it.

ScreenShot16.jpg

Bookshelf with all the City Guides, and my second container for the Extra.

ScreenShot22.jpg

Supplied the Jewelry box with Items that were probably handed down from grandparents or gave to him as payment for his farm stuffs.

ScreenShot17.jpg

Proud what I did here, I shrunk down some statues as decoration and a House which now looks like a Antique doll house

ScreenShot18.jpg

Added the door as for the request on the Extra, and another Painting because that hallway looked a bit to plain

ScreenShot19.jpg

Next days pair of work clothes and his Table is filled with alchemy equipment (Also moved that candle to the other side of the table :wave:)

ScreenShot20.jpg

The First chest I was instructed to make

ScreenShot23.jpg

And it's content

Grid.png

The Pathgrid,(Not sure how I did) but I have some questions here. as of my understanding where ever a Grid marker is (red triangle) the Npc is able to stop, but does not have to stop. Is that correct?

IMO the only thing interior is missing is some Flower Pots with some Flora in them, Possible placed in the window. But i could not find the flower Pot to save my life.

Just wrote down a concept with a broad scope of capabilities involving a quest with the farm and that doll house

Edited by Skittles

Lovely job Skittles, you show a real attention to detail and thoughtfulness. Your understanding of how pathing works is great. Your pathing is not improper as your connections are all set properly. You do have a bit of an excess in terms of node numbers in such a small space however. While a node tells the NPC where they may stand, it's not necessary to cover every inch of the floor, NPCs also have the ability to "jump" paths and maneuver with only a few basic grids. :wave:

Since it's technically correct, you may move forward to Lesson #3 without changing it, but in future homes you may want to reduce the number of paths as Oblivion is not a fan of excess. :nope:

Nice use of scaling statics, I've done the dollhouse thing a few times, it's quite a nice effect! Well done!

As for pots, under Misc Items you can find planters like MiddleClassPlanter01, these have flowers in them and player can move them. If you want to place static plants from Flora you need a static pot so that it can't be moved (since the flora can't be moved). The developers use RFDBowl01, it's a static pot used in ruined forts, they usually add something like ruined fort trash piles to the pot to look like potting soil. I also like to scale down KvCourtPlanter02 since it already has grass inside, it's a nice planter for flora at various sizes. One of these would be a nice option for you! Good luck! :wave:

Lovely job Skittles, you show a real attention to detail and thoughtfulness. Your understanding of how pathing works is great. Your pathing is not improper as your connections are all set properly. You do have a bit of an excess in terms of node numbers in such a small space however. While a node tells the NPC where they may stand, it's not necessary to cover every inch of the floor, NPCs also have the ability to "jump" paths and maneuver with only a few basic grids. :idea:

Since it's technically correct, you may move forward to Lesson #3 without changing it, but in future homes you may want to reduce the number of paths as Oblivion is not a fan of excess. :(

Nice use of scaling statics, I've done the dollhouse thing a few times, it's quite a nice effect! Well done!

As for pots, under Misc Items you can find planters like MiddleClassPlanter01, these have flowers in them and player can move them. If you want to place static plants from Flora you need a static pot so that it can't be moved (since the flora can't be moved). The developers use RFDBowl01, it's a static pot used in ruined forts, they usually add something like ruined fort trash piles to the pot to look like potting soil. I also like to scale down KvCourtPlanter02 since it already has grass inside, it's a nice planter for flora at various sizes. One of these would be a nice option for you! Good luck! :wave:

Interesting :wave: I see how the whole jump thing would make sense, I'll take note and probably fix the pathgrid when im not in your classes :( Along with the Plant Ideas thank you so much.

Thank you so much for the encouregement and Positive feedback it makes me so happy :nope: Ill move on to class #3 tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good Speed, you do have a few too many path nodes. While a node tells the NPC where they may stand, it's not necessary to cover every inch of the floor, NPCs also have the ability to "jump" paths and maneuver with only a few basic grids. Try to reduce your numbers down to match the class example closer. Repost your pathing picture after you've tweaked it and I'll pass you forward :question:

And you're welcome, I'm happy to help. :crybaby:

Looking good Speed, you do have a few too many path nodes. While a node tells the NPC where they may stand, it's not necessary to cover every inch of the floor, NPCs also have the ability to "jump" paths and maneuver with only a few basic grids. Try to reduce your numbers down to match the class example closer. Repost your pathing picture after you've tweaked it and I'll pass you forward :question:

And you're welcome, I'm happy to help. :crybaby:

I understand how to add node After node, but can I create another link between two nodes w/o adding another node? (Ex: In Bearhugs square situation) Maybe it will be obvious once I get back to the CS.

When you click on one node, it creates a green highlight around it indicating that is the active node. With one node activated you can hold the ctrl key and click any other nodes nearby you want to link the active node to. :question:

But that creates another node on top of the other. Is that Ok?