DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[IDEA/WIP] Aylied Enchanting

DaMage

Ive never had much of a use for varla stones, when you get them at low levels you sell them for loot as you dont tend to have many enchanted weapons, when you get them at high levels you still tend to sell them for loot or just collect them as soulgems and rechargers are much better.

What I was thinking was that instead you could use them to randomly enchant an item. For example, the way i would do it is when actiavte a varla stone, a ranomly choosen 'varla' fake sigil stone is added to your inventory, that acts like sigil stones (enchanting menu, enchantments listed in menu), but appear as varla stones (icons, world models). When actiavted in the inventory you can choose whether you want to recharge or enchant with it from a menu. Not only would this allow you to enchant with sigil stones level enchantments outside oblivion gates, but provides a more useful use for varla stones, plus they would now be useful for both weapons and armor.

What do people think? Worth looking into, I will do this one myself if people like the idea.

I like it, I have always found the single use rather annoying since you can aquire plenty of enchanted gear and gold to replenish the charge so Varla stones become pretty useless.

Should be an easy process to get this working, though it will take time to create the Sigil style Varla stones since you would need plenty of variety in the enchantments.

I was actually toying with the idea of doing something like this for my Shadow of the Ayleidoon mod, but ultimately decided against it. I did create a test .esp file with Varla stones of five different colors to differentiate the power levels:

varlaallhoriz2.jpg

I put them in as Misc. Items and placed them in the TestingHall just so I could see what they looked like in game.

If you'd like to use these in your mod, I'd be happy to PM or email you the .esp and related files.