DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Joben's Interesting People

Joben

I started this mod for 4 reasons:

1. I like making people.
  2. There are some parts of Cyrodil that are emptier then they should be.
  3. There are lots of behaviors you can set up in the CS that NPCs never, or seldom, do.
  4. If I add more people with active lives maybe it will disguise the fact that a lot of Vanilla ones stand around all day staring at walls.

Hence this project. I'm shooting for compatibility here. I'm touching existing things as little as possible while adding NPCs that seamlessly blend into the world.

The lives of my characters often intertwine with each other, and sometimes Vanilla NPCs if I can do it in ways that won't cause trouble.

I'm also not shooting for a gigantic mod, I saw one on the Nexus today that adds something like 930 unique NPC's. Good lord. I think that's more then in all of Vanilla + Shivering Isles, were do they all sleep?

I figure I can slip maybe half a dozen more into each city, one or two into each little settlement, a few here and there in the wilderness. If they're all doing interesting things, maybe offering a small quest here and there, it will be a nice addition that can slip into almost anyone's mod list.

Here then is a preview of things to come. Gallery

nice idea, though take care not to make make obviously un-lore friendly names, that might break immersion a little bit for some people.

I like tihs idea, you should release modular for it in order to get feedback. Maybe once you add all the NPCs to city, release, then just keep updating as you add in a certain amount more. That will give feedback and hopefully give you motivation to keep going.

I'm taking most of my names from the Tamriel Rebuilt name generator. Some of the others might get changed before release.

--------

Soldin and Yazarr

gallery_1143_93_256477.jpg

A bit of an odd couple, partners, and maybe more? They travel a lot, transporting funds for the Fighter's guild.

I plan for them to spend a week in each city, with unique behavior in each one, before moving on.

e.g. they will both probably sleep at the Guild, and dine together, and go to the weaponsmith, but if Yazarr goes to the jewelry store Soldin with slip off to a bar.

Despite being a Nord, Soldin's full name is Soldin the Orc, his fellow Nords dubbed him that when he starting going around with Yazarr. Nords have a rather broad sense of humor.

Speaking of Yazarr, other Orcs think she looks a little funny, which may be one reason her best friend is a human, since they think she's quite pretty, at least for an Orc.

Soldin and Yazarr's behavior in the town of Anvil is finished, pending the inevitable bugfixes of course.

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=256

Current package count: 40

Morning practice.

gallery_1143_93_251476.jpg

Soldin while eating lunch at the Flowing Bowl, decides to stand on a chair for some reason. ...who am I to judge?

gallery_1143_93_204809.jpg

I catch up with them later in they day, it's Sunday so they're taking a stroll in the countryside.

gallery_1143_93_181356.jpg

gallery_1143_93_58699.jpg

They end up chatting by the farm for quite a while.

gallery_1143_93_114709.jpg

Then they head to the Count's Arms for a late meal. On the way in Yazarr stops to talk to Emily, another of my characters.

gallery_1143_93_192792.jpg

They head home to the Fighter's Guild for the night. Soldin stops to inspect a dead dog on the way.

gallery_1143_93_93199.jpg