DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello

Arion

I'm kind of new to the Oblivion game. Only been playing it for about a year now. My son came home on leave from the Air Force and I watched him play for 3 days before I couldn't resist any longer and had to go get the game myself. I'm using the GTY Edition and am completely blown away at the abilities you folks have in creating such terrific mods to extend and make the game so much better than it was to start with.

I've been toying with the idea of possibly learning how to mod myself and have looked at the courses. I'm kind of worried because I'm not artistically inclined.

Hello and Welcome to the TESA. Learning to mod is not that difficult to do. And this is a great place to learn. Without naming names it is now safe to give you some of these :dizzy::jellytime: . Beware there is a cookie thief around here. If you have a question ask and it will likely be answered very :jellytime: quickly or some one will point you to the answer.

not creative enough? :dizzy:

trust me, you dont need to be an ideas person, sure it helps, but as long as you are a problem solver and willing to learn and listen, it wont stop you.

look at me, not creative or artistic in the least, I just see soemthing and go, "I want that in oblivion" and go and try it.

Hiya and welcome to the Alliance. I`m with Mage in that you can develop alot of the abilities you need by the diligent application of patience and tenacity. We`ll always be around to answer questions and we all can learn from one another.

I see you`ve had your first run in with thenotoriouscookiesnagger, here, stash these somewhere safe :dizzy::jellytime: and use them wisely.:jellytime: We`ll see ya on the boards. :jellytime:

Welcome to TESA! :dizzy:

I don't consider myself artistically inclined either but I haven't really met any problems while modding because of that (except maybe modeling). When I first opened the CS and the CS Wiki the first thing I went to was scripting, I'm better at the logic of coding than making artistic models and textures. So, I just suggest you just fiddle around in the CS and find whatever is natural for you and go from there. biggrin.gif

Hi Ariont! Welcome to TESA! I totally recommend going through the CS classes... I consider myself not to be that artistic but once you start playing around with all you can do it just sorta comes out. The classes are really informative and well laid out, and the professors are really great at answering questions. There are people here who have the same desire to learn and also many willing to teach which creates such a great environment. I hope ya stick around!!

Beana

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm in the process of getting my feet wet so to speak now. I've completed the first 2 basics lessons and working on #3. Not sure how far I'll go, but as someone suggested follow through and where you feel you're doing your best make a run at it.

It may sound funny but what I'd eventually like to do is be able to get into animation and have a video of my character dancing to "Do You Want to Date My Avatar" by The Guild. Probably a lofty goal but you need to have some sort of inspiration. <smile>