DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Dragon Age Origins Chat Thread

WhoGuru

Anyone not wanting a spoiler about the 2nd book, dont read this! XD

It is Alistaire (sp?P, seems mom wasn't a maid or serving girl, but a Grey Warden elf mage! Maric seems attracted to elfs lol

Ok... lets hope that worked, im typing blind since the browser here at work is being a pain.

According to the novel, writen by the lead auther for the game, you don't see half-breeds because when a human and elf have a child, the child comes out human, atleast in appearance, I assume something is genetically different however I think that was done to curb the desire of half-breed races and characters. It also gives more reason for elves to stick to themselves, since it would mean extinction if they bred with humans. They simply would cease to be.

I think they were trying to avoid the whole half-breed deal that exists in D&D in general, but half-elves would have been too much like NWN or Baulders Gate.

Its actually nicer in a way because it gives more reason for elves NOT to want to breed with those outside of their own race.

Since I can't play this due to my video card I have been to Wikipedia to see some of the plot. :D Is it true that.....

You can sacrifice your character at the end?, would that not ruin the point of having that character in a way?, I mean, you'd get all tough and powerful for the end and then your dead when you could have continued, doesn't fit for me.

:) I know I won't be going that way in the storyline. :P

Im going to go either Human rougue-(or)-warrior or a Elven mage first time.....when I can eventually, (i'll never be a dwarf though :D ), what should I go with first time then?, not too sure.

Manni, see below :lmao:

Yes, its one of the options you have, there are something like six endings and an award for doing them all. The game explains why one person is supposed to die, and yes one of the options is to sacrific yourself in the end to stop the Blight. I did not do it for my first character, nor do I plan for my main, but my current character... well we will have to see, so many ppl to sacrifice, so little time!

Since I can't play this due to my video card I have been to Wikipedia to see some of the plot. :lmao: Is it true that.....

You can sacrifice your character at the end?, would that not ruin the point of having that character in a way?, I mean, you'd get all tough and powerful for the end and then your dead when you could have continued, doesn't fit for me.

:yes: I know I won't be going that way in the storyline. :D

Im going to go either Human rougue-(or)-warrior or a Elven mage first time.....when I can eventually, (i'll never be a dwarf though :D ), what should I go with first time then?, not too sure.

Indeed.

I feel it is the best of the endings, mostly because I feel it was the most well written. I did it for my mage elf. Your character is still available for play as you can chose which character you'd like to use if you've made more than one, so it's not really pointless.

Im going to go either Human rougue-(or)-warrior or a Elven mage first time.....when I can eventually, (i'll never be a dwarf though :thumbup: ), what should I go with first time then?, not too sure.

Whoops, totally didn't see this question!

My first play through was as a human rogue. I suggest not going rogue first - they do not deal a lot of damage and are generally not as defensive as a warrior (a.k.a. I died a lot). If you want to be a human, go warrior and slash your way through the game. Mages are pretty powerful, so it may not be a bad idea to start out as your Elven mage either.

They pulled the DLC, the latest patch caused some issues with the specializations and messed with the DLC IIRC, so they have yet again delayed it with no specific date :thumbup:

I spend a fair bit of time on the official forums, but I was getting sick of sorting through ALL of the whining posts about "how userA will never buy this, its a rip off, I will never play DA again once ME2 is out! *cry cry*" posts. I really cant stand children, I would rather them put out a DLC that was not bugged and worked great then a buggy one.

Whoops, totally didn't see this question!

My first play through was as a human rogue. I suggest not going rogue first - they do not deal a lot of damage and are generally not as defensive as a warrior (a.k.a. I died a lot). If you want to be a human, go warrior and slash your way through the game. Mages are pretty powerful, so it may not be a bad idea to start out as your Elven mage either.

I missed it too, but I agree with JB on this, I did a warrior and my bro did a mage so they are good starting classes until you get through once. Although my race was City Elf for a warrior :gather:

Doing a dwarf right now, Flint! (yes from Dragonlance)

I spend a fair bit of time on the official forums, but I was getting sick of sorting through ALL of the whining posts about "how userA will never buy this, its a rip off, I will never play DA again once ME2 is out! *cry cry*" posts. I really cant stand children, I would rather them put out a DLC that was not bugged and worked great then a buggy one.

I don't frequent the forums veyr often, I did when DA first came out but now I don't visit at all. I did notice a lot of posts that were just complaints, seems the users like to complain there :thumbup:

I don't frequent the forums veyr often, I did when DA first came out but now I don't visit at all. I did notice a lot of posts that were just complaints, seems the users like to complain there :thumbup:

Its funny because I have been on Bioware forums for a while, since NWN, and as their games got more popular in the main stream, the whining posters have increased 10 fold. I love the Dev's though, they actually read the forums and talk with ppl, but when you get on their bad side, they will let you know. Some call them rude because they will rip into a rude, ignorant poster that makes up info, I say more power to them for it.

You are right about DA though, the forums are full of complaints, the best are the ones that say "this is broken!" only to have everyone and the devs say "umm no thats how its supposed to work, if you dont like it, dont use/do it."

I missed it too, but I agree with JB on this, I did a warrior and my bro did a mage so they are good starting classes until you get through once. Although my race was City Elf for a warrior :)

Doing a dwarf right now, Flint! (yes from Dragonlance)

Wha wha what? I've spent a little time on the official forums too, but it's too creepy, angry and rude to be a long term lurkspot for me. I wish I'd known you were there though. :D

I only go to the DA:O forums to read the thread about "Why women love Alistair." XD It's so entertaining.

:) I enjoy the guys fawning over Morrigan myself, I like her as a character but the obsessive nature some of the guys have towards her. There are mods out to "improve" her face, which to me, since she is hardly ugly, makes her someone else. Ive not seen one about Alistair in some time myself.

Wha wha what? I've spent a little time on the official forums too, but it's too creepy, angry and rude to be a long term lurkspot for me. I wish I'd known you were there though. :D

It can get that way, as I said, its the influx of people with the new games. It's really sad from my stand point, as these people obviously are never happy unless they are being given the entire game + expansions + DLC for free and then I am sure they would still complain. ALL of the little things can add up, I do try to avoid threads made by them, or posts made by them.

You can find me both on the Bioware forums (old ones for the older games) under Si Shen (no - ) and I do believe its the same for the Dragonage forums too.

Yeah I was just stunned by how spoiled and entitled some of the threads were. Kinda crazy. That and the fact that there are romances in the game breeds some very intense and vocal fandom...best to just lie low and let the "debates" rage on.

I go by a different name there, though I don't really know why I decided to do that. :)

Oh tell me about it, and if you even mention that you have a real life when you make a very mature post, someone pounces on it claiming you live in your parents basement because they have no come back for that. Ironically MOST people think THEY are the ones in the basement lol.

The fandom surrounding the romances and such are just.. over the top.

I was just there and realized I made an error, my username there does have a - in it, so it looks like my username here.

Oh tell me about it, and if you even mention that you have a real life when you make a very mature post, someone pounces on it claiming you live in your parents basement because they have no come back for that. Ironically MOST people think THEY are the ones in the basement lol.

The fandom surrounding the romances and such are just.. over the top.

I was just there and realized I made an error, my username there does have a - in it, so it looks like my username here.

I'll surprise you with a PM there next time I'm on! XD

Yeah there's this big romance thread devoted to one of the dudes, and it's like, 90% mad projection about the tiniest things. Or some pure malarkey about how much better of a romantic choice Alistair/Zevran/Leli/Morri would be than -insert "rival" here- would be in "real life". Then you have the outraged "Alistair dumped me" threads that turn into "My revenge against Alistair playthrough" threads. :D

:)