DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Dragon Age Origins Chat Thread

WhoGuru

I have seen the odd post about the getting dumped, but never entire threads dedicated too it. The fact they create playthroughs for revenge against a bunch of pixels that cant do what he isnt programmed for is rather funny. I dont think it was here but with someone else I was talking about what if Sten was romancable in game, I said all sorts of girls would be happy.. right up till they found out he was a male-only option! :)

Frankly I enjoy the characters for in game and thats as far as it goes, I don't see any need to project someones creation onto a real person or otherwise.

BTW, found out something thats a bit nasty, I was using a user-made mod that ran in the override directory, and it froze level up at lvl 9 - 10 point, found out there are a couple fixes, mine was to delete the override and data directories in the my documents/bioware stuff. Once you kill something you level up as normal. I have been reading a bit and it seems that if you want to use the toolset, its very "dangerous" as it can "break" the game simply by installing it, or some claim. But it is supposed to be really easy to break your game with it.

Woot!, played it, my first character is a human mage, LOVE the mage origin, my favorite. XD I couldn't.....

Fight the spiders in the storeroom though, too creepy for me.

:) Im planning for my speicalizations to be Blood Mage and Arcane Warrior, sounds like the best to me. :rofl:

My characters name is Vanus, yes, after Vanus Galerion in TES. :blush:

Aye, a new date on that DLC would be nice but after the way those few immature, rude, and ignorant posters behaved, they refuse to name a new date because they don't want to listen too "you said this date and you missed it! waaa waaa waaa! I wont ever buy your games again!" and then they go and buy the next game. So they are keeping it to themselves, my game did a check and TRIED to show me the DLC :) I do wish they would let the PC version go to the masses but there is concern about spoilers and all so even if its working they are waiting for all of them.

@Manni: So you and Who are in the same boat, unfortunatly, you will have to face it sometime lol. My bro did a mage, taking Arcane Warrior lets you also choose to wear armour if you want to be protected more, over all the mage seems a dangerous foe indeed.

I already played through twice. First time as a Dwarf Noble, second time as an Elf Mage.

IMO, best part of the game are the origin stories. The main plot is rather ho-hum and felt a lot like NWN. The ending sort of made up for part of that.

I even got stupid and wasted the $7 on Warden's Keep. A measly 30-45 minutes worth of crawling around some old building only to get gipped and not be able to USE it afterward. A glorified weapon and armor mod with a token storage chest. Best bet - just get a storage chest mod made by users instead that shows up in the party camp where things like that belong.

This whole mess with Ostagar is just crazy. Given the price, I'd wager no more than another 30 minute romp for what amounts to an armor mod. I lurked the forum at DA:O last night to see what's what and there's literally threads with hundreds of pages of nothing but whining over it. It's just a lame DLC. Sheesh.

Oddly enough, despite all the warnings of doom and gloom about not patching the game, I never ran into any trouble with it. My game is still good ol virgin 1.0 and I don't intend to patch unless it becomes necessary.

I'm on my third play through as a Dwarf Casteless, and I'm determined to get the more difficult of endings this go around.

As for RtO, I'm still excited for it, even if it is a small "dungeon" crawl with some prize armor at the end. It would also be nice to be able to get to those chests that no one is able to open unless they play as a rogue the first go round.

Warden's Keep has one benifit from what I have read, the chest isnt just a storage chest but apparently can change some items teir. PPL have reported putting in an iron dagger (tier 1) and getting a Tier 4 when they come back. Some suggest it can randomly downgrade items too. The Blood Dragon Armour seems immune and the chance to downgrade seems to shrink as you gain levels.

RtO is officially slated as an hour long mod, I will be getting it, no matter what myself (even though I pick up ME2 tonight).

My noble dwarf is preping to head home actually, gotta get me some revenge. I still need to do a mage, my bro recommended Wynne, a tank, rogue and then the PC as a damage dealing mage.

I can get it with my dwarf fighter shortly after completeing a few quests and one major alliance mission. Its really horribly easy to get if your a fighter, I think your idea of costing more would have been a better bet for it. Early on gold isnt easy to come across but once you get leveled up a bit you tend to find a fair bit, sell it and make a pretty large sum easily.