DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Possible to make the Player essential?

Zabre

I read one of Joben's topics about a flower that grants essential status to an NPC...

I would imagin this is done through the "SetEssential" command in scripts...

Would you be able to use this on the player?

EX: PC drinks "Potion of Protection"

"Potion of Protection" grants 5 second essential status.

Would that work?

PS: Posted this in the Study Hall, cause i don't know what category it falls under.

It is my understanding that when you set the player to essential, when they 'die' it triggers some sort of bug where the camera gets dropped to the level of your feet and stays there. Very messy.

I've seen this happen when i've tried to Resurrect myself using the console.

[edit]

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/SetEssential

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes4Mod:Resurrecting_the_Player

You can give the player a spell ability that constantly checks the player's health and makes sure it is always above a certain threshold, but if the player gets hit by something that removes all of their health in one blow then they will still die XD

Edit: It looks like someone has already thought what I have on the UESP Wiki :D . The hybrid approach looks nice :yes:

You can give the player a spell ability that constantly checks the player's health and makes sure it is always above a certain threshold, but if the player gets hit by something that removes all of their health in one blow then they will still die XD

Ah!! That gives me an idea!!!!

*Player receives a blessing.*

When the player receives it, a message pops up.

You have received the blessing of ?????! This blessing will guide over your physical being, and resurrect you, should your life be in danger. But should someone inflict enough damage on you to kill you... The blessing will be shattered.

Thoughts and comments ^.^

I used a death interception mod for a while, Kurtree's (spelling?) Alternatives to Death and Reload.

It had two basic options:

(A) Teleport you physically back the way you came, sorta simulating constant autosaves.

(B) Or the other one were when you died you were conceptually "left for dead" and unconsious then saved by a Good Samaritan who took you to the nearest Inn.

You awoke some time, sometimes days later, with less gold then before, but otherwise ok. (That function was really nifty, but buggier then an old tree stump)

I always thought this was an interesting subject.

...anyway, healing the player when they get near death sounds like a pretty viable idea, and even pretty lore friendly when couched in the terms you suggest. XD