DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello Everyone

Maigrets

Hello all! My name is Maigrets. Some of you may know me from around Tesnexus and not so much at the Beth forums as Anja the Whisperer.

I'm a member of the over 50's generation, heading for the century. XD

I've made a few mods for Oblivion, mainly creature companions and a few races..and a house. :simba: Been meaning to join for some time, especially after playing The Oubliette and the Crimson Queen among other great mods from modders here. I see this is a thriving and friendly community and I hope to fit in and I will endeavour to contribute and pick your brains at the same time. :book: I have written a tutorial for my creature companions with screen shots posted at the SavageArtistry forum.

It's here if anyone would like to review it first to see if it qualifies.

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/tes-iv-oblivion-technical-info-f11/my-creature-companion-tutorial-t129.htm

A bit about me:

I love animals, heavy metal music, reading horror stories and writing them (trying), modding Oblivion and sometimes playing it. Currently I'm playing through the Gothic series again and last week I bought Sacred 2 which looks like a good game so far.

I have Fallout3, but I got a little bored with it. I might go back later and actually finish the main quest one day though.

I wrote the stories for Gates to Aesgaard Episode One and ThePriest909 and I are working on something new unrelated to Oblivion.

Well, it's 0130 down under in the land of Oz, so I hope to catch up with you tomorrow or I should say later today.

Cheers...Maigrets. :woohoo: Oh yeah, I love cute emoticons.

Thank you all for the nice welcome. :D

@ DarkRider. I'd like to familiarize myself with the forum first, then post my tutorial. There's a lot of great content to look through here. :read: I'm not as quick as I used to be and I don't want to mess it up on the first outing... :D

@ Qwaxalot I had to look up inimitable. :D I'm not sure if that's good or bad since I've probably got a reputation for not being very tolerant of some people (elsewhere)at times. :evil:

@ WhoGuru and greenwarden... House Cats got an update so it doesn't need a compatibility patch for Better Cities. In RL I used to have 3 cats and 2 dogs, but now they've all passed from old age. Very old and spoiled. Now I have one dog called Bella. I thought about getting another cat because my new neighbour has a bird aviary right next to the side fence and I now have mice visiting occasionally. But, Bella does a good job of seeing them off. She thinks she's a cat sometimes, I'm sure. Well, she is half and half Aust Red Heeler and Aust Kelpie and she loves to herd things. She's black and tan like Guinness and beer...

I'll watch the cookie thief like I'm watching my weight. My cookies...mine! :shrug: Especially chocolate chip.

I still have Fallout 3 installed and will get back to it after I finish with Sacred 2 which might be awhile. Bit of a learning curve with that game. Much different to anything I've played before and it takes a bit of getting used to the camera which can be frustrating, but I'm adapting.

I'm playing Risen as well which is banned here, but I got it from eBay which really defeats the purpose of banning I'd have thought. I was waiting and waiting for it to be released here, then found out it was never going to be. :baa:

Need coffee... XD

EDIT: WOW..how did I get to be a Senator.

Dear Maigrets, It's so good to see you! Sit right down, right here in this big comfy overstuffed chair next to this fireplace and me.. that kitty sure likes you, look how she's already in your lap, and the hounds already snuggled at your feet. Here's a cuppa, and a pillow and blanket. It's almost story time. :shrug:

Dear Maigrets, It's so good to see you! Sit right down, right here in this big comfy overstuffed chair next to this fireplace and me.. that kitty sure likes you, look how she's already in your lap, and the hounds already snuggled at your feet. Here's a cuppa, and a pillow and blanket. It's almost story time.

lol..in my house the dog is in my lap giving me a big sloppy dog kiss. :) I eagerly await story time but I tend to go to sleep in a comfy chair these days. :thumbup:

Ever since Mad Max I've wanted a Heeler, so I'm going to yoink yours while you're sitting by Myr's fire. mmkay

See above. :) She's a good guard dog but will lick you to death. She loves frozen peas so you better have a good supply!

Any chance we might see some of your mods hosted here?

Yes, I'd like to do that. :) Last year wasn't so good for me health wise and for other RL reasons which is primarily why I moved them from Tesnexus and PES to a central area where I could more easily manage them as well as updates. This year doesn't look much better, but you learn to live with adversity.

I was actually a bit surprised and honoured afterwards when people came looking for my mods and sent me messages asking where they were.

A random question for anyone reading this regarding my Creature Companion Tutorial...it's quite large and includes screen shots (links), so where it is now I had to use several separate posts to fit it in as a topic. Is there a limitation like that here? Not that it matters I suppose.

I want to review it first to make sure it's all up to scratch. I just had a PM from a member who has an issue with it. Problem is as I replied, I can just about whip up a companion in my sleep without checking it, without a quest that is, and I want to be sure it's easy to follow. I need to replace the old script in the main part with the new one anyway.

@ WhoGuru and greenwarden... House Cats got an update so it doesn't need a compatibility patch for Better Cities. In RL I used to have 3 cats and 2 dogs, but now they've all passed from old age. Very old and spoiled. Now I have one dog called Bella. I thought about getting another cat because my new neighbour has a bird aviary right next to the side fence and I now have mice visiting occasionally. But, Bella does a good job of seeing them off. She thinks she's a cat sometimes, I'm sure. Well, she is half and half Aust Red Heeler and Aust Kelpie and she loves to herd things. She's black and tan like Guinness and beer...

:lmao: If you ever want another cat, just nudge me. XD We have nine and one just had a litter. :shrug: Didn't make the appointment to fix the boys in time. LOL So your cats really do make my Oblivion home feel like home. :rofl:

I'll watch the cookie thief like I'm watching my weight. My cookies...mine! :lol: Especially chocolate chip.

:ninja: Thief? what thief? there's no cookie thief here. tee hee :D

Need coffee... :coffee:

EDIT: WOW..how did I get to be a Senator.

LOL Modders and members like you who've been around and are members in good standing in the community are made Senators. :pints: Saves you having to start at the bottom here.

More coffee is always a good thing. :coffee: Mmmm yes. Come on over here and sit down I'll brew you a cuppa. :wub: I always have coffee. LOL