DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Magic mods

Narks

Never liked Oblivion vanilla magic. A lot of the spells were garbage (ie. anything that was not invisibility / weakness to magic / weakness to element / drain health 100 / charm 100 for 1 second / anger etc.)

I used to use Supreme Magicka. I liked some of the options it gave, such as changing the elemental shields, conjuration changes, healing spells damage undead, etc., but I had some problems with it:

1). A lot of spell magnitudes were a bit strong.

2). A lot of spells had short vanilla-style duration.

I saw LAME, which adds some pretty cool stuff, mostly in the form of longer spells, nature summons, cool new spells, and stuff. But I am not sure about the compatibility.

Should I risk installing both SM and LAME? I want to have the LAME spells take precedence over SM, but I want the extra stuff added by SM (like multiple conjurations and elemental shields).

Or does anyone else have another magic mod that they like?

Midas Magic sucks. Please don't suggest that.

Many people use LAME and SM together perfectly fine.

You want LAME to overwrite the values for vanilla spells? then just load it after SM... I'm not sure if this will allow you to keep all of SM's special features though.

Other magic mods?

I like:

audacious magery

custom spell icons

Midas Magic (who doesn't?)

Fearsome Magicka (currently being tested by the beta guild here)

Race Balancing Project (not really a magic mod, but it diversifies the races and makes magic races more distinct from other races... Also it and LAME allow you to use the very scholarly, peaceful, and brainy "Integration: The Stranded Light" quest mod.)