DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Sewers of Cryodiil Overhual (SoCO)

DsoS

Sewer System  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have more sewers to explore?

• Yes
    • No

So I've been thinking about another mod.

I love adventuring through sewer systems. I don't know why, but I just do.

So I've been thinking about starting it as a new mod focused on building large sewer systems (actually an Overhual)

Details as of now:

1. I will add some to the Imperial City.

2. Sewers underneath each city.

3. Interconnect with each city.

4. Possibly connect to the various taverns, inns, homes around cyrodiil, also have wilderness exits.

5. Possibility of a central sewer system (IE. where all the sewage would flow to. Think of a real world sewer system)

6. There will be NPC's (bandits, vampires, etc) and creatures (Rats, Goblins, etc)

Anvil:

gallery_1371_141_398093.jpg

Bravil:

gallery_1371_141_338722.jpg

Bruma:

gallery_1371_141_290283.jpg

Chorrol:

gallery_1371_141_157270.jpg

Cheydinhal:

gallery_1371_141_319753.jpg

Skingrad:

gallery_1371_141_84746.jpg

IC Arboretum

gallery_1371_141_185589.jpg

IC Arcane University:

gallery_1371_141_270313.jpg

IC Arena District:

gallery_1371_141_278240.jpg

IC Elven Gardens District:

gallery_1371_141_120201.jpg

IC Green Emperor Way:

gallery_1371_141_153872.jpg

IC Market District:

gallery_1371_141_245006.jpg

IC Prison District:

gallery_1371_141_20405.jpg

IC Temple District:

gallery_1371_141_509939.jpg

IC Talos Plaza District:

gallery_1371_141_366249.jpg

IC Water Front:

gallery_1371_141_329297.jpg

Leyawiin:

gallery_1371_141_441222.jpg

Kvatch:

gallery_1371_141_465578.jpg

I will do each city separately.

Stage 1

Imperial city sewers

Stage 2

Bruma

Stage 3

Cheydinhal

Stage 4

Bravil

Stage 5

Leyawiin

Stage 6

Anvil

Stage 7

Skingrad

Stage 8

Chorrol

Stage 9

The Main sewer system, interconnecting to various locations in the wilderness, cave systems for the interconnecting, etc

Stage 10

Any fixes that are needed, merging the individual files together, etc.

Until all 10 stages are completed, I think each city will be a separate .esp (for the ease of testing)... after all has been built and tested, I will then merge the 10 into each other.

For now that is all I can really think of.

So I'm asking...

1. Would you be interested in something like this? Or not?

2. Your opinions/advice

3. Anything else that may help in my decision to tackle this.

Thank you in advanced for any info and help.

Edited out a few things, spelling corrections, merged part of another post.

Edited by DsoS

Yes indeed. Any new areas to explore are more than welcome. And you could be inventive with your construction - blending cave pieces with sewer pieces, creating exits to not only cities but wilderness too, etc. A sewer mod could be one you never stop adding onto. XD

I guess I'm the first No vote. Just honestly answering the question as it is, No, I would not like more sewers to explore. I feel there's enough in the vanilla game as it is the game doesn't need more rats and goblins to kill. Sewer systems are just vast wastelands, nothing special. The only good quality they bring is for thieves to get into businesses and houses.

The cities are too far apart to even want to attempt traveling a dark, dank sewer from one to the another. The undertaking of building such a thing would be completely overwhelming. You might want to consider smaller chunks, like add a system to each outlying city, but connecting them would be unnecessary.

Quests? Cool, I love quest mods. Unique weapons and armors? Where would inhabitants of sewers get such things that aren't available above ground? And they (realistically) would be worse, not better than anything existing so not really any incentive to go explore the area.

Just my humble opinion. Good luck if you decide to continue XD

Sewers? Sure. Interconnecting between cities? Hhhhmmm..... That might be a bit extreme, considering the relative distance between cities. Doing something like what we see today though, large population centers have their own independent systems would be great. Just giving low levels some new areas to explore would be a good plan. Just keep it balanced. No uber loot. XD

Well for the interconnecting cities, I was thinking of having a central system, that run north and south, and stops at Eyslwere (I think that is it)

Yes, it would take massive amounts of time, and distance from one city to another, but I'm still deciding if I want to or not.

I have thought of, and planned, the wilderness exits, and that is another way that I was thinking about doing the interconnecting cities.... I was going to do more than a few cave systems, where the sewer exits into the cave, and the cave is using sewer water, then flows back into another sewer system.

there will be NO (NONE, NADA, etc) quests, custom weapons, armor etc. I don't see the point in it, as you guys have stated. As for quests, I do NOT know how to do quests or dialog, so that is out period.

A sewer system doesn't have to be a vast wasteland; unless the modder has no imagination ( which would beg the question: why mod? XD ) it could be a wondrous and/or scary place ( combination of those up to the personality of the modder ). And the sewers wouldn't have to run uninterrupted from city to city. There might be natural underground reservoirs which the sewers empty into, through holes in their unmaintained basins, and those reservoirs could drain into dark rivers which maze their way to the Sea. Other cities might be reached by following branches of those streams. And near their black shores might live any kind of creature.

Just spitballing. XD

I guess I should have mentioned this in the first post...

I do understand what each one of you are saying. I really do.

Quoting from Hanaisse

The only good quality they bring is for thieves to get into businesses and houses.

Yes it would, but if they really want inside the house or business, they would use a door to gain entry. This would give them another "long route" option to do so. I play as a thief and assassin, and have always wanted another way inside, other than the front door. (It may not be realistic, but it is only a game though)

Now for my input on Sewer systems:

If your like me, played 1000's and 1000's of 1000's of hours, I've been playing since OB first came out in 2006, so I have been to every location in game more than 3 or 4 times, some I've been to well over 20 or more times.

Compared to the number of caves, and ruins, there is not nearly enough sewer systems. The Imperial City is the only one that has sewers, unless I have missed them in other cities than the Imperial City.

So that is why I'm thinking about doing a major Sewer system "overhaul" for the lack of a better word I suppose.

If I do take this on, I will be using only vanilla items to keep it easy, (if I can help it anyway)

* I would like to add, as mentioned, miles and miles of sewer systems (What is a mile in OB considered anyway?)

* They won't be connected to every building in game, but it will connect to quite a few. All (well most) locks will be either Very hard or Needs a Key (and the keys will be created and placed on the appropriate NPC.

I'm thinking that for the main system, I would enlarge the tile pieces by 2x or 3x, I don't know, lol that would be pretty large. XD

Either way, you get the point of the mod.

As I work on this, I might see if I can get this moved to a [WIPz] thread.

But at this point, this will be the how I will work on it.

<SNIP MERGED INTO FIRST POST>

Edited by DsoS

Looks like a good plan to me.

Compatibility is something you are going to want to look at as well. (open cities, better cities, open better cities) Not Making any changes in exterior city worldspace would be the best route here. altering interiors shouldn't be too much of a problem. Compatibility patches for the aforementioned mods for and necessary changes in the respective spaces would also be a consideration.

Looking forward to it. XD

Looks like a good plan to me.

Compatibility is something you are going to want to look at as well. (open cities, better cities, open better cities) Not Making any changes in exterior city worldspace would be the best route here. altering interiors shouldn't be too much of a problem. Compatibility patches for the aforementioned mods for and necessary changes in the respective spaces would also be a consideration.

Looking forward to it. XD

I have thought about that already. I do have Better Cities currently installed, so testing that won't be a issue. but for Open Cities and OBC will be for me anyway.

As for changing exterior, it will mostly just be wilderness areas, and maybe a spot or two around each city. It shouldn't be too hard to keep compatible with mods like Better Cities, and UL, Blood and Mud, I have those 3 currently installed.

I would like to see this. You may find this resource to be helpful.

Oh wow, thank you very much vyper, those will be a big help... Now only if someone would make room pieces that combined roof, ceiling and floors it would be much easier then XD

Thank you for the help everyone and the support.

Once I get a better understanding of how the sewer pieces work, and if I still want to pursue this, I will create a WIPz thread.

Oh wow, thank you very much vyper, those will be a big help.

Your welcome. XD

Now only if someone would make room pieces that combined roof, ceiling and floors it would be much easier then XD

I could probably do that in NifSkope (that's how I made my Expanded Ayleid Tileset Resource). Any specific pieces you have in mind?

I admit I'm a huge sucker for anything even remotely resembling a dungeon crawl; isn't that essentially what some of the caves, forts, and Ayleid ruins are for? Sometimes, you just wanna run around waving your sword or doing the mage equivalent of the "pew pew" sound.

Or, okay, sometimes I do.

<SNIP>

I could probably do that in NifSkope (that's how I made my Expanded Ayleid Tileset Resource). Any specific pieces you have in mind?

As of right now, I'm really not sure yet. I'm still playing around with the Tile sets.

Most likely it will be mainly the wall pieces getting mated with roofs.

I'm not entirely sure yet though.

I like the idea. You might want to consider compatibility with TIE as well, it adds a large expanse of tunnels beneath the IC.

well, for it being "beneath" the city, it wouldn't matter, as this would go into its own cell, and would not interfere with others, except for the exterior exits.

As for TIE, I don't have it and don't intend on getting anytime soon.

As for the incompatibilities those will be taken care of during beta-testing stages.

I'd kill for a decent sewer system linking up the whole world(short of places not in vanilla), and I'd recommend even adding a couple hideaways in it, just in case someone wants to live down there(Hint Hint! Massive Hint Hint!), which may or may not be used by smugglers and vampires now and then.

I mean, a decent way between my favorite towns, with the added possibility of fun little dungeons to sleep in, or even hidden dungeons with monsters or foes(crack out the torches boys, we've got ourselves a leech nest), or even tie ins with hidden ayleid ruins(which may or may not have monsters or foes, some might just be empty now, waiting for a master to clean them up enough to live in). Massive bonus points if these places have a patch for COBL and the Luggage IMO, since that little sucker is ungodly useful.

I've thought about placing entrances to to a few aylied ruins, forts and what not.

As for a Hide-a-way, Luggage, and alchemy sorters, I've never tried using them before in mods, (though I do have them in game and use them, they are very handy!)

As for right now, my main focus is getting the sewers built, without any connections to the top. Then after I make sure they will "fit" in with the city above, find connection locations and all.

I've seen that before.

I really like their concept and all. They are doing it on a massive scale though, where as I only want to do it "small scale"

Their adding ruins, quests, cities, and all.

all I want is a normal system, with the normal items and maybe a few dark secrets XD

Thank you for reminding me about that, I had in the back of my head that I've read something about a sewer system mod, but couldn't remember what it was.

Either way, I will still pursue this, not just for the mod, but learning about new items in the CS.

Never know, this mod could eventually become a part of Better Cities or some other mod like that (I can dream can't I? XD )

lol

I have a fairly long list of stuff I'm thinking about implenting. safe rooms are one... but vary vary rare, and well guarded.

as for Aylied sewers not a bad idea... however, trying to get the wall textures to match AR's might take awhile, plus it would be custom content, that I would like to stay away from, but most likely I will end up using custom tile sets XD

Good idea too.

This is getting to be pretty popular idea, more than I would have thought so.

I think I will, thanks to the help of all you, pursue this as a WIPz.

I will work on a WIPz thread about it, a bit later, and see if I can get this merged in with it.