DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Sewers of Cryodiil Overhual (SoCO)

DsoS

Sewer System  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have more sewers to explore?

• Yes
    • No

Ok, this is now a WIPz thread...

I will start on the mod soon.

also I will update the first post in a better to read manner.

Thanks for the support and for all the support for the custom meshes. If I need them I'll ask about them.

Thanks again :cry:

The addition of more sewers beneath the cities would be great. I always wondered why none existed outside of the IC despite the other cities appearing far enough along in technology level to be able to sustain it. Tossing in a few seedy enclaves of people and some thieving opportunities with shops connected to it would be icing on the cake.

As far as Open Cities, in general as long as no changes requiring edits to the closed city worldspaces are made, it would be entirely compatible. You could even have some openings outside the gates, and only Leyawiin would end up needing special consideration for that.

Personally the idea of interconnecting them all with each other doesn't seem feasible. That's a huge amount of distance to cover, and you'd need to break it up into several independent cells in order to keep resource loads down.

The addition of more sewers beneath the cities would be great. I always wondered why none existed outside of the IC despite the other cities appearing far enough along in technology level to be able to sustain it. Tossing in a few seedy enclaves of people and some thieving opportunities with shops connected to it would be icing on the cake.

I've always thought the same to. I think this is one area that Bethesda failed on was sewers.

As far as Open Cities, in general as long as no changes requiring edits to the closed city worldspaces are made, it would be entirely compatible. You could even have some openings outside the gates, and only Leyawiin would end up needing special consideration for that.

I have no clue what you mean by "closed city"

I have thought of grates just outside the city walls, and probably will do that too.

What is up with Leyawiin special needs?

Personally the idea of interconnecting them all with each other doesn't seem feasible. That's a huge amount of distance to cover, and you'd need to break it up into several independent cells in order to keep resource loads down.

Aye! I was thinking the same. As for the distance, I think I could fake the distance somewhat.

As for the cells, won't be a issue, I enjoy creating new cells :)

But for the naming of the cells will be a bit difficult I think. I thought about naming cells like this:

<SoC><CityName><N,E,S,W><###>

SoC IC SE Sewers 001

SoC IC NE Sewers 002

SoC Bruma N Sewers 001

As for the naming for the cell itself, that will be a bit more difficult for me (IE, placing cursor on the door to show "Door to XYZ" (XYZ of course would be another sewer system)

Beth, in their infinite wisdom... put the cities in their own world space. Hence load doors to get into them. (closed cities) If you ever played morrowind..... all cities their were 'open'. They existed in the world. No separate worldspace for cities there, you could just casually stroll right in, no load doors involved.

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in helping build a sewer system? It can be any city other than the IC, which I am currently working on.

PM me about it, as so not to crowd up my WIPz thread please XD

Thank You

Ds

A very nice idea! And I like the layouts you presented, seems very logical! :pints:

As this sounds like a pretty big project, a good idea to keep your sanity is to release seperate modules for each city. That way you can have a finished project (which in general feels very good IMHO) and focus on the next one.

Aye it is a large undertaking especially for a single person. Its no hard, just due to the way the sewer pieces are made up, its a bit difficult at times.

I just started the Bruma sewers! (The Imperial City Sewers can wait... Other Cities need their sewer systems :D )

So far, for Bruma, I have a long straight tunnel, that is the length of Bruma North to South. Next I will add rooms, branch off into other areas, then will finally break it down into 3-8 cells (depending on how large it is)

Most likely Bruma will have:

North Sewers

East Sewers

South Sewers

West Sewers

Castle Sewers

Possibly a few others

3 exits North, South and East of the Castle

EDIT:

Arthmoor is referring to Leyawiin Reborn, Ds. :pints: It changes the layout of Leyawiin to match the concept art Bethesda had. That is why Leyawiin would have speical needs. :(

I'm not aware of that mod, I'll have to check it out.

I'm going ot have enough issues with Better cities and Blood and Mud :woohoo:

Edited by DsoS

Leyawiin Reborn is part of the Open Cities set. Compared to the stock Leyawiin the layout is radically different so it may pose a few problems depending on exactly how you're going about this.

There may also be some issues that crop up with other changed city layouts when I get back to working on the Open Cities Reborn series.

I don't plan to change anything inside the gates nor outside really, maybe a few man-hole grates here and there. But that's what testing and Compatibility patches are for. :smug:

I'm going to use the sewer exits, like the one you come out of from the Tutorial sewers. And they will be a bit away from the walls, such as close to the river, or other bodies of water.

For Bruma, I'm not really sure how to do the exit, maybe just man-hole grates, or cave system that leads to the closest water source.

But the exits will be one of the last things I'll deal with.

It will work out one way or another. The main and most important thing to do first is getting the sewer systems built, cluttered, pathed, and get some baddies in them :smug:

Hate to be a bother, but Bravil doesn't really need a new sewer system, since they have the canal in the town(according to a loading screen, that is their sewer system). Though if the new tunnels drained into the canal, then I guess there wouldn't be a problem, though I'd guess that either only the castle has such a system(since it's slightly better then the shacks), or everyone takes their bucket of filth and tosses it in the canal(kings can have servants do that, though).

Besides, the houses are built upwards, one on top of the ground house at the least(except for guilds, stores and inns).

Hate to be a bother, but Bravil doesn't really need a new sewer system, since they have the canal in the town(according to a loading screen, that is their sewer system). Though if the new tunnels drained into the canal, then I guess there wouldn't be a problem, though I'd guess that either only the castle has such a system(since it's slightly better then the shacks), or everyone takes their bucket of filth and tosses it in the canal(kings can have servants do that, though).

Besides, the houses are built upwards, one on top of the ground house at the least(except for guilds, stores and inns).

As far as I see, all cities should have a underground system, weather its small or large.

It's a splendid idea, there is already a mod that adds of sewers to Cheydinhal and Bravil. It offers the opportunity to return in almost every house. Maybe he can give you ideas and you will resume its development.

Link: Tesnexus

Thanks I'll check it out. But I'm doing this not only for a release but to further my skills in the CS tile-sets. I've worked with caves and Ayleid ruins, now it's Sewers. Next will be forts, castles, and the other tile-sets I'm missing :smug:.

Are you still wanting those Ayleid retextures then DsoS?, If you are I can help there, well once I have finished me work for Red.

they were to join Ayleid ruins to the sewer systems right? If you want to I'll take any and all help I can get. But I would like to see if I could get merged sewer system tile-sets before anything. But AR retextures will help to in later stages.

they were to join Ayleid ruins to the sewer systems right? If you want to I'll take any and all help I can get. But I would like to see if I could get merged sewer system tile-sets before anything. But AR retextures will help to in later stages.

Yeah that was the idea :smug:, What pieces are you wanting merged?, I maybe able to help there too.

Yeah that was the idea :smug:, What pieces are you wanting merged?, I maybe able to help there too.

ummm, goodness, I'm not even sure how you would do this, so many different pieces and all.

Floor and Ceiling

floor, wall, ceiling

corner wall, floor, corner ceiling.

I'm not sure how or what I would really need. Its so many different variables, or something like that, it could be. It would seriously be a endless list.

Would you be able to go into the CS and check out how the pieces fit together, and then you should be able to work with that.

I not the best at figuring stuff out like this, If possible I would like you to make the choice of what pieces to do, like a surprise, I love surprises :smug:)

I know its not much help or anything, but I'm seriously I bit clueless still on how the room pieces are done XD

• 3 months later...

I think a sewer system would still make sense (especially as I see the in-game world as being scaled down 10:1 even within cities... probably 100:1 in the wilderness, but that's getting off the point) so even though they'd almost certainly drain into the waterways, there'd still be a requirement for them. Well, unless the streets really are paved with... er, let's not go there. :hugs:

I think it's a great idea overall: although I can see why it might not appeal to everyone (and I've had dungeon fatigue myself), they'd be an invaluable asset to sneaky characters, whether thieves, assassins or just the incurably nosy. And there's an awful lot of scope to hide all manner of interesting things down there for those who take the trouble to poke around the various dark recesses.

In terms of actual execution of the project, I think I'd be reluctant to join them up: as per my 100:1 scale comment, in reality it'd be a gigantic (and gigantically expensive) undertaking just for sewerage and may be enough to break that "suspension of disbelief" element. I'd also recommend taking care to follow the local topography for much the same reason: for example, the sewer system for Bruma drains north, which is uphill, whereas it would make much more sense for its outlet to be in the south-east direction.

I was also wondering about the possibility of it linking up with other mods that feature sewer systems such as later versions of Better Cities, but I suspect that though nice in theory, it'd probably be (a lot) more trouble than it's worth: so as long as it doesn't conflict, it's probably not worth pursuing a sort of "Oblivion Common Sewerage" plan. :dizzy:

Neat idea, though. I like. :rofl:

• 1 month later...

I haven't worked on SoCo in awhile. I got into a depression mood and stopped all modding for the most part. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to continue it or not. I hope i will be able to. If not I'll upload it and let someone else take over it.

Critterman, if you want to see what I've done so far, just PM, as I'm not on as much anymore, and I'll send you what i have so far, and you can see if you want to continue it or not or whatnot. lol

I'd have to agree that it makes more sense in Bravil's case for the sewage to flow into the canal. That has the thieving advantage of having a nice, clustered series of tunnels that lead to each (or most of) the houses. I wish there was a way to have a chance of getting diseased from that canal, though.

Actually, I'd go further, and make the canal the only entrance to Bravil's sewers... If Bravil looks as bad as it does... just think of how the sewers must look! It'd actually look interesting to have some of the sewer tunnels collapsed, or clogged with refuse.

If I get any more ideas, I'll be sure to mention them.

if i work on it anymore, I'll put in your idea of "busted sewers" in Bravil. I'll check out the idea of diseased water possibility too.

Good ideas

well, the diseased water is possible with scripts, some trigger boxes and a lot of testing,

but if you don't want to continue it too bad, :lmao: it sounded really nice