DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Placing Mods Outside Cyrodiil's Borders

DudFud

Does anyone know how to place mods outside Cyrodiil's borders? (i.e. I want to make a new bandit camp due west of Sheogorath's Shrine and have removed all border regions so I will be able to access the area BUT how do I place my objects (the camp itself) in this area? As I say, it's due west of the shrine, about 100 feet. I have the camp items ready and a few bandits but can't place them.

I looked in Worldspace>Tamriel and can't find what I'm looking for and I've noticed it's difficult to manually navigate where I want to go also.

Any suggestions welcome.

Edited by DudFud

Working past the borders isn't any different than working within them in the CS. Just find yourself a spot and start building. The only thing you'll need to do is make sure your future users are aware they'll need to disable the game borders to get there.

Thank you all for the replies. I have been finding that the map disappears when I navigate to certain areas. This is a problem as I am trying to place my camp quite a distance from Sheagorath's shrine. Why does the map do this?

Does anyone know how to place mods outside Cyrodiil's borders? (i.e. I want to make a new bandit camp due west of Sheogorath's Shrine and have removed all border regions so I will be able to access the area BUT how do I place my objects (the camp itself) in this area? As I say, it's due west of the shrine, about 100 feet. I have the camp items ready and a few bandits but can't place them.

I looked in Worldspace>Tamriel and can't find what I'm looking for and I've noticed it's difficult to manually navigate where I want to go also.

Any suggestions welcome.

hey

first of all do not remove the border regions in the CS. This will cause only conflicts with other mods editing the border regions.You don't need to disable the border for working in the CS only for playing ingame. For playing ingame you better edit your ini file dor disabling the borders.

That's pretty normal behaviour for the CS unfortunately. If you click on an item in the next section over and then use T to center on it it can help. If your going a fair distance you'd probably be best off to sort by the Location column and bring up cells by the coordinates.

Good Luck

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'm still having problems though :) I guess I'll just have to keep trying, I don't think there's an easy way with this issue (I've been searching the web quite a bit yesterday and this morning).

What problems are you still having?

I'm presuming you already know where you want to place the camp. Go to that location in the game, bring up the console and type tdt. In the top left corner you'll see the co-ordinates for that cell (i.e. Wilderness, 23,40 - this is in Skyrim). In the CS, in Tamriel world space, highlight in the Editor ID column and type W to get to the Wilderness cells. Click on the Location header to sort then scroll through until you find cell 23,40. Build your camp.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the map disappears"? It's going to disappear at some point if you're scrolling in the Render Window and reach the end of the world. Finding the right cell will get you there no matter what. :)

Edited by Hanaisse

Sheogorath's Shrine is located in Wilderness cell 18,-22. Cell 17,-22 is right on the border of Cyrodiil and Elsweyr. You may want to try cell 16,-22 or 15,-22 or 14,-22 to put your camp due west of Sheogorath's Shrine. The easiest way to find an exterior cell by the coordinates is to click on the "Location" column header in the Cell View window. Doing so will organize the cells by their coordinates, instead of their names. You may also find this useful: Cyrodiil Cell Grid Map.

What problems are you still having?

I'm presuming you already know where you want to place the camp. Go to that location in the game, bring up the console and type tdt. In the top left corner you'll see the co-ordinates for that cell (i.e. Wilderness, 23,40 - this is in Skyrim). In the CS, in Tamriel world space, highlight in the Editor ID column and type W to get to the Wilderness cells. Click on the Location header to sort then scroll through until you find cell 23,40. Build your camp.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the map disappears"? It's going to disappear at some point if you're scrolling in the Render Window and reach the end of the world. Finding the right cell will get you there no matter what. :)

Thanks. I didn't know that about the console, that's good advice I will try it out.

Sheogorath's Shrine is located in Wilderness cell 18,-22. Cell 17,-22 is right on the border of Cyrodiil and Elsweyr. You may want to try cell 16,-22 or 15,-22 or 14,-22 to put your camp due west of Sheogorath's Shrine. The easiest way to find an exterior cell by the coordinates is to click on the "Location" column header in the Cell View window. Doing so will organize the cells by their coordinates, instead of their names. You may also find this useful: Cyrodiil Cell Grid Map.

I'll also try that, good one my friend! ;)

Edited by DudFud