DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

My return & My challenge.

Zabre

Hello old and new members. Im a TESA oldie... Been here a while.

I took a large hiatus from TES4... And i've been missing my home (TESA). During that hiatus... I uninstalled OB... I know, kill me. And now im bored of console games... and the PC games i have are boring...

The challenge: Convince me to come back to OB please.... What are the good mods now??? Is there anything huge i missed? Please fix me...

PS: DarkRider, you can bet i'll play RST. ;D

Edited by Lemon

Don't know how long you've been gone, but there are some neat new mods(well, kinda new). Kragenir's Death Quest is quite possibly one of the most interesting quest mods available, and it's almost reached version 2.0, which will add new quests and fix old ones. I don't know much of the main quest plot, but I can say that it's got some silly inside. I mean, how else can I describe usage of one of my favorite tropes(killed mid-sentence), and certain quests I've started which I'm sure are from the mod have some interesting bits near the start of them(which is about as far as I got before I did more dungeon crawling and forgot about them).

Another quest mod of note is Integration, which is a very neat mod adding quests to both sides of the strange door. Notable because it requires two other mods made by the same person, both which I would recommend greatly(Race Balancing Project and L.A.M.E.), which is more accurate to lore then Kragenir's Death Quest I'd say, but mostly because it is more involved with preexisting lore then KDQ(though even I'll admit Integration is somewhat out of the lore buff area, since it does in fact build some lore to fit the game).

A up and coming magic mod is Fearsome Magicka, which does wonders in of what you can pull off with the mod, and it gains bonus points for using a different magic system to limit the use of the spells(which can get kinda uber fast{I'm looking at YOU, magic missile!}). Highlights involve a working point and cast teleport spell(no wimpy blink spells like in SM), spells which can hit without much effort on the part of the caster(namely Magic Missile and Acid Arrow), spells that can speed you and you friends up(Mass Haste), spells that can slow your foes down(Mass Slow), and a very functional time stopping spell(Time Stop{neat how it does what it says on the tin, eh?}), not to mention it also allows your foes to use these spells now and then(when they get them, anyway), and a recent update has made it possible to block certain spells from the hands of your foes(I'm debating with myself if I should ban MM and AA from then and move on, or continue to find ways to adapt to these spells, such as killing people casting Magic Missile before they hit me with them, which stops their spell from hitting me).

Other then that, Craftybits is approaching a new era with arrays and better things in some places(such as the smithing system getting a overhaul and the addition of modular weapons, and improved bow crafting), and the local "Pothead Necromancer", as he calls himself, is working on a amazing necromancy mod adding tons of new toys and some lore, and you can create some very cool things, such as ghouls or skeleton abominations(think billies, but made of bone and really freaking creepy), and a personal favorite, zombie bombs, or zboms as I call them(think zombie, then hack off it's arms and head, make it's torso freakishly huge and distended, and then add some explosive qualities, such as exploding when hit, and exploding when they attack, and making a gross mess when they die).

Couple new mods of note. Plenty of ones I don't want or won't use, so don't take my word as law on this one.

Just a few suggestions.

-Lemon took this out so the post isnt huge-

This is an incredible response. I am eagerly awaiting to try that "fearsome magick" mod. I love magic mods.

Thank you for typing that wall of text. im already installing OB, and im downloading that magic mod.

The RBPT is an incredible mod that i wont leave un-installed.

Thank-you YX33a, and it's nice to meet you.