DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Converting Armor and Clothing For Different Bodies

Ginnyfizz

Hello, my fellow and much more knowledgeable members! If there is already a tutorial on this elsewhere, then please correct me and point me there!

I have recently started using Robert's Female Body. Whilst there are some conversions for it, and some pieces made specially for it, there are not a lot. I have seen some gorgeous stuff by distinguished modders that I'd like to see converted. So, what I am asking is, as per the topic description;-

(1) What software do I need to have installed to do conversions?

(2) What is the step by step process (remember I am a complete noob)?

Thanking you all in advance!

Ginny

Download Blender (most stable version) from Tesnexus. Lhammonds has all the plugins and stuff for oblivion assembled there in one download with instructions.

You can follow this guide http://sites.google.com/site/sickleyield/uf3clothingconversion. It's for a different body and FO3 but I think it helps to see the process.

Someone posted a pictorial somewhere a while ago, but the pictures were broken when I finally found it. I kinda did some web snooping, found the source of the pics, and put it together for myself. Unfortunately it's not mine so I can't really post it..

EDIT!!: I looked up the pictorial again and the pictures are fine again. Linkage http://grotto.moddersrealm.com/index.php?topic=9519.msg186407#msg186407

Hope that helps. I'm working on learning Blender and converting too =]

Edited by violets-are-blue

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been fighting with Blender and Nifscope for some 6 hours following these instructions and I am getting nowwhere but seriously POed (I have very little time and I hate wasting it).

I keep getting error messages about not transforming something in the Nif, but I have transformed every blasted line in the thing - and still nothing.

Is there a set of directions for those of us who, like me apparently, should be shot because we are just too damned stupid to use blender and nifscope?